Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Have you conveniently forgot what happened in Iraq after the surge?

How convenient for your argument.

His INACTIONS are directly leading to deaths.

See the surge for proof of how troop levels are directly related to troop deaths.
The situations on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq are completely different you can't compare the surge for one to a possible surge for the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 02:46 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
One of the main things that is being discussed is what exactly should be the strategy to move forward. Seven years ago we rushed into a decision in what to do in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and it cost us big time. If the previous administration's mistakes have taught us anything it should be its more important to get the war situation's strategy and decisions correct rather than rush into anything.
There is quite a difference in making a decision when US troops are NOT in harms way, and making decisions when they are.

That is like comparing making the decision between what to do if a car is sitting in the intersection as the light turns green vs. what to do if you are going into an intersection at 50MPH and a car runs a red light in front of you.

Surely you can see the difference.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:47 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The situations on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq are completely different you can't compare the surge for one to a possible surge for the other.
What are you, a General in the Army?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Are you saying it was a mistake to go into Afghanistan? Yes? No?
I have no opinion on that...I do have an opinion on Iraq which to me was great to get that dictator out so freedom is over there and the dictator who went into Kuwait and into Iran and killed even his own family members....

great job Bush!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
You also are being dishonest.

U.S. Casualties in Iraq

Time to start accepting some responsibility for actions/inactions of the WH in regard to our serviceman overseas.

The fact that you "chuckle" at all is disgusting at best.
Get over yourself drama queen. Yeah, I'm all for our soldiers dying over there, I LOVE to hear about it. Am I being dishonest? Am I really? Prove it big guy, prove that I haven't heard w/my own ears for all these months & years that each month I seem to hear "this is the deadliest month". That's right, you can't prove it so keep your little snide remarks to yourself.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
What are you, a General in the Army?
Hell, McCain said it back in Jan. The fact remains that most of the Iraq fighting was done in urban areas, the areas in Afghanistan where the fighting is taking place is very rural and the terrain is rugged

Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have no opinion on that...I do have an opinion on Iraq which to me was great to get that dictator out so freedom is over there and the dictator who went into Kuwait and into Iran and killed even his own family members....

great job Bush!

And put those who were behind the 9/11 attacks and our biggest threats on the back burner in the process in order to go after someone who with Reagan's help killed people.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:05 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

great job Bush!
You have no opinion on Afghanistan....yet isn't Afghanistan where al-qaeda was based? Isn't that why we started these wars, because of al-qaeda? You know, the group that attacked the U.S.? You've also heard of the Taliban, yes? You have no opinion on that group & their hideous shenanigans?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:07 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
He needs to remove all of the troops in Afghanistan. Let the people of that country settle their own mess. It is just too strange now that we have a new president killings have so markedly increased in that mountain poppy field area.

Please Mr. President remove the troops NOW!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
He needs to remove all of the troops in Afghanistan. Let the people of that country settle their own mess. It is just too strange now that we have a new president killings have so markedly increased in that mountain poppy field area.

Please Mr. President remove the troops NOW!

We are getting more involved in that area which has been going downhill for several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies