Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

And Obama still hasn't made up his mind...how many more American's will be killed before he makes up his mind to either pull out the troops or send more troops to help out...voting "present" isn't an option anymore...he is the president, or step down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
We aren't seeing an increase in deaths because Obama ts taking his time. Its good to see a President actually take his time and weigh all his options before rushing to a decision for a change.....

Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
I listen to NPR every morning & I chuckle to myself whenever I hear the guy say "deadliest month since...." because it happens almost every month since either of these wars started. So, last year at this time was the deadliest month, then the next month, then the next & so on & so on.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We aren't seeing an increase in deaths because Obama ts taking his time. Its good to see a President actually take his time and weigh all his options before rushing to a decision for a change.....
Maybe you missed the OP story. We are indeed seeing an increase in deaths. Title of the thread should have been a hint as to what the topic was about

Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe you missed the OP story. We are indeed seeing an increase in deaths. Title of the thread should have been a hint as to what the topic was about
I wasn't suggesting we aren't seeing an increase in deaths. I said Obama taking his time to make a decision is not the reason we are seeing an increase in deaths which is what the OP tried to infer.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:41 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,741 times
Quote:
What utter BS.

We have seen thousands of US Service People die because we contineu to politicize wars.

Congress and the Executive branch (regardless of party) don't leave the mission to the generals with boots on the ground, and would rather play politics with decisions that are mission imperative like troop levels.

Those INACTIONS directly lead to soldiers deaths.

Don't try to pawn this off, it makes you look dishonest.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I listen to NPR every morning & I chuckle to myself whenever I hear the guy say "deadliest month since...." because it happens almost every month since either of these wars started. So, last year at this time was the deadliest month, then the next month, then the next & so on & so on.
You also are being dishonest.

U.S. Casualties in Iraq

Time to start accepting some responsibility for actions/inactions of the WH in regard to our serviceman overseas.

The fact that you "chuckle" at all is disgusting at best.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And Obama still hasn't made up his mind...how many more American's will be killed before he makes up his mind to either pull out the troops or send more troops to help out...
Are you saying it was a mistake to go into Afghanistan? Yes? No?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting we aren't seeing an increase in deaths. I said Obama taking his time to make a decision is not the reason we are seeing an increase in deaths which is what the OP tried to infer.
Have you conveniently forgot what happened in Iraq after the surge?

How convenient for your argument.

His INACTIONS are directly leading to deaths.

See the surge for proof of how troop levels are directly related to troop deaths.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
What utter BS.

We have seen thousands of US Service People die because we contineu to politicize wars.

Congress and the Executive branch (regardless of party) don't leave the mission to the generals with boots on the ground, and would rather play politics with decisions that are mission imperative like troop levels.

Those INACTIONS directly lead to soldiers deaths.

Don't try to pawn this off, it makes you look dishonest.
One of the main things that is being discussed is what exactly should be the strategy to move forward. Seven years ago we rushed into a decision in what to do in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and it cost us big time. If the previous administration's mistakes have taught us anything it should be its more important to get the war situation's strategy and decisions correct rather than rush into anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies