Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:25 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Sorry, but I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Yeah, I'm "afraid" of Fox in the same way I was told that I was "afraid" of Sarah Palin after her debut at the Republican Convention last year.
Awesome statement I forgot about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Those MediaMatters sound bites really stopped too soon about every time. I don't accept anything from MediaMatters or MSNBC because I know that MediaMatters was created and paid for by George Soros and we all know what his original intent was for them. Anyone who accepts anything from MM just is too far left for me.
Um, it's a compilation of quotes, and every one of them proves the Faux agenda. They didnt "stop too soon", they're complete in themselves and as parts of a whole picture.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times
Quote:
How many people do you think the White House has assigned to watching Fox all day every day? Surely they must watch a lot more than any of you since the know so well what is going on there.
Let's put it this way: I don't know if you've ever watched reality shows, but I'm sure many on here have. Anyway, they usually have an "after show" or "reunion" when the show is over. There is always one person on the show who is a total a*s, b*tch, idiot, what have you. When the reunion comes around, that person will w/out fail whine "but it's how they edited it, it's the cameras & the production people. I'm not like that at all. They made me the fall guy, they made me the person going in as this sort of character!" We all know: if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck. We don't need to watch the entire season because whenever we do watch, we see the same crap over & over from that person yet they come back & cry about being perceived that way. Sorry, you is what you is.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It is from Oct. 29, 2008.

Here are two screen shots of it...

Looks like MSNBC got it right! And since you bring up Mr. McCain if you guys would have voted for him instead of GODBUSH then maybe thier would be no president Obama but think GOD you did not

Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times
Quote:
Those MediaMatters sound bites really stopped too soon about every time.
How's that?
Are you saying they were deceptively clipped?
Their 'news' shows are clearly following the lead of their opinion shows.

And we all know Fox promoted the tea parties up and down the lineup.

Quote:
I don't accept anything from MediaMatters or MSNBC because I know that MediaMatters was created and paid for by George Soros and we all know what his original intent was for them. Anyone who accepts anything from MM just is too far left for me.
Ok.
When I post another video we'll both try to remember its not solely for you, who admirably won't let video evidence get in the way of opinion.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
It is from Oct. 29, 2008.

Here are two screen shots of it...
Thank you, but Im still not finding it at the original source. I'll keep looking.

edit - ah! Found it! 'Yet even on Fox News, the study noted, McCain’s "negative stories outweighed positive ones by almost two to one." Also, the proportion of negative stories about Obama and McCain were identical at 40% of all Fox News stories about each candidate. And while Fox trailed other media in positive stories about Obama, the cabler reported more positive stories on Obama than on McCain — 25% vs. 22%.'

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=3230&cs=1

Thanks, Fleet.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't think anybody fears Fox News. I think what concerns people is that Fox News spreads very biased and false information, through both its commentators and its news selection.

Many people rely solely on Fox News and begin to think they are getting the entire truth, then become very fearful and rabid of anybody different from the far conservative ideology.

It's very dangerous for our society, but there's no fear of the truth coming out or whatever.

It's good to have political punditry focused on conservative ideology. Just don't call it news!
I agree totally! I dont even disagree with conservative idealogy all the time (at least how I understand it which I dont because no one really explains it) but dont call it news. I know that Jstewart and Maher are Liberals so I watch the shows for opinions. FOX news is supposed to be news give me a break.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I would say just visa versa; have you watched enought FOX to realize the balance? Sheppard Smith: moderate: Juan Williams: moderate to liberal: Greta, liberal: Covuto: moderate: the early morning crew, ultra conservative: Bill O'Reilly fair with his guests, but leans conservative: Sean, conservative and Beck, who knows???Just pretty much off the wall.

Nita
What scale are you using?

Juan Williams in far from liberal. I've never heard him say a liberal thing on any network.

Greta is a staunch conservative who spins all of her stories to the point that she's impossible to watch.

Covuto is far from moderate, though perhaps more fiscal conservative than social conservative.

Fox and Friends is painfully conservative without anyone to point out when they're simply wrong.

Beck's extremely conservative. He may not be Republican, but he thinks everything from creating green jobs to volunteering is a communist takeover.

In addition, you have to analyze the stories themselves. What they choose to cover. What they choose to ignore. For example, Jon Stewart had a great piece on how Fox was up in arms about covering the teabag protests and was actually fomenting the crowd. Then, when the gay rights activists marched in just as large numbers, they didn't even send a single crew.

Even Murdoch admits that he spins the news to serve the conservative agenda! Watch the video!

The *** is up, folks. Fox is extremely biased and cannot be called news!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Lol. Fox News has "extreme" bias? Looks like YOU don't have the facts!

2008 election coverage

Fox News
Negative stories about McCain--- 40%
Negative stories about Obama--- 40%

MSNBC

Negative stories about McCain--- 73%
Negative stories about Obama--- 14%

(Sources: Project For Excellence In Journalism, Pew Research)
Don't "LOL" like a giggly little teenage girl. Have an adult conversation. Obviously you relish rubbing Fox News in everyone's face, even libertarians like me, but your stats are fundamentally flawed.

You can spin news to serve an ideology, choose to cover certain events and ignore others, and still not do any more negative stories on one candidate over another.

Seriously. Those percentages mean nothing. Just watch the channel without your partisan blinders on. You'll be amazed at how ideological it is.

Again - nothing wrong with being ideological. Just don't call it news or "fair and balanced". Become a mouthpiece for an ideology and be honest. That's all we want. Be honest with the viewers that they're being given one perspective.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
In danger of losing what? Who's afraid of fox, it's more like "snicker----I can't believe so many people in this country are stupid enough to be unable to think for themselves that they fall for the over the top help the sky is falling you are being led by a terorist scare tactics that are used on that channel". People who are educated don't sit around & wait for 2 white men to tell us what to think.
So true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies