Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I know.

I am sorry but nomander and nina cannot deny they fact that there are people who think this lowly of women.

Most of them (if not all) are on the right side of the political scale.

Eeeee was so extreme and mark my words. He did say that a woman who got raped was asking for it. I feel bad for I cannot show the posts. They were all deleted in the whole arguing off.
Stop making assumptions.

You made the assumption that some "conservatives" would blame the girl. Your intended context suggests that any other political affilated would not hold this stance.

Your evidence to support your position is that of 1 person and yet you make the generalization anyway bringing political banter into a topic that had no dealings with it.

Now you further make assumptions and use fallacious means to assume what I think (or deny) without any evidence to support your claim.

Seriously, cut the partisan banter out. It is beyond childish and severely stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM

99 posts, read 151,095 times
This may have been said. I didn't read the entire thread. The school should also be held responsible if the attack was on school ground. At the school where I work, there is security at all school functions. If the functions are inside, we have people walking outside to make sure students are where they are supposed to be.

The idiots that were outside watching the rape should be punished. If they were cheering it on, they can be punished.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I know.

I am sorry but nomander and nina cannot deny they fact that there are people who think this lowly of women.

Most of them (if not all) are on the right side of the political scale.

Eeeee was so extreme and mark my words. He did say that a woman who got raped was asking for it. I feel bad for I cannot show the posts. They were all deleted in the whole arguing off.

And then Nina says that what I said was hateful. Haha!

One idiot poster does not all conservatives make. Just admit that you made a sweeping generalization and acknowledge how that could be construed as insulting to all conservatives at large and be done with it.

Now, I am not saying eeeeewhatever is a lone nutjob. But I am saying he was/is a nutjob and not indicative of all conservatives. Or even most. Not even a wide minority. By refusing to acknowledge this you are just as reactionary and just as ideologically blinded as the eeeeeetwit was. I'm sorry, but we both know that you are really neither of those things.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I would suppose that taking pictures is not being an "innocent" bystander--but for those who stood by and did nothing at all, they did nothing wrong.
You are surely only talking about from a legal perspective here?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You are surely only talking about from a legal perspective here?
Did you see my example? We are under no moral obligation to worry about anyone other than ourselves.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
One idiot poster does not all conservatives make. Just admit that you made a sweeping generalization and acknowledge how that could be construed as insulting to all conservatives at large and be done with it.

Now, I am not saying eeeeewhatever is a lone nutjob. But I am saying he was/is a nutjob and not indicative of all conservatives. Or even most. Not even a wide minority. By refusing to acknowledge this you are just as reactionary and just as ideologically blinded as the eeeeeetwit was. I'm sorry, but we both know that you are really neither of those things.
If I feel I was wrong or was proven wrong, I would say sorry and admit I made a sweeping generalization.

However, I feel I have not in this case. It was not just him. I know there were and are many people who say that. Most tend to be on the conservative side. I never said ALL conservatives said that though. I know there are respectable conservatives out there.

I have no idea where you all are getting this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh believe me if that happened to me, myself & some nice big friends would be doing the punishing ourselves.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Stop making assumptions.

You made the assumption that some "conservatives" would blame the girl. Your intended context suggests that any other political affilated would not hold this stance.

Your evidence to support your position is that of 1 person and yet you make the generalization anyway bringing political banter into a topic that had no dealings with it.

Now you further make assumptions and use fallacious means to assume what I think (or deny) without any evidence to support your claim.

Seriously, cut the partisan banter out. It is beyond childish and severely stupid.
And I stated up there "If I feel I was wrong or was proven wrong, I would say sorry and admit I made a sweeping generalization. "

I do not feel I have in this case. If I had proof of those posts, I would have shown you. Sorry you feel there is no evidence. Mark my word, if I could, I would show you.

Your intended context suggests that any other political affilated would not hold this stance. -Do you think liberals would hold this stance? Don't think so. Even then, they are for womens rights in the very least.

And you seem to be accusing only me of making assumptions? //www.city-data.com/forum/10283560-post268.html. Here is one where you assume someone is does not care about the nation, freedom, etc.

Homosexuals are deviants of nature. //www.city-data.com/forum/10431525-post291.html

Practice what you preach and I will stand behind my statement earlier in this thread.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Did you see my example? We are under no moral obligation to worry about anyone other than ourselves.
This one?
Quote:
I think of a bystander as one who does nothing one way or another, cheering and taking pictures don't seem like doing nothing to me. I guess the evidence will show who stood by and did nothing and who was in/directly involved.
Am I correct in assuming you are saying a "bystander" is under no moral obligation to assist someone in need? I guess the issue would be whose morals. If it was you being gang-raped on the street you are going to wish it were my morals perhaps and not yours?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
I would suppose that taking pictures is not being an "innocent" bystander--but for those who stood by and did nothing at all, they did nothing wrong.
Legally, I agree with you (from my understanding of the law).

Quote:
Morally, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Legally, I agree with you (from my understanding of the law).

Morally, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
I agree with you eastwest,

If it was me, I would HOPE for someone to come and try to stop it.

Someone who says "I dont have to worry about anyone but myself" and walks by a gang rape session, imo is scum.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
That's what being "independent" is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies