Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

My favourite holiday will soon be upon us! I think Halloween should be a BIG holiday- including everybody off work and businesses closed. Not because I really care that much for it but because it drives the religious fundie nutcases crazy. It was always fun to dress up as Satan or a demon and go knock on their doors on Halloween.
Halloween is also a universal holiday. Christmas on the other hand is a total fabrication. Nobody knows when the Lord Jesus Christ was born unto Earth. The just took the first day of winter, put up some Pagan trees and said "hey, you know winter is depressing as all hell and we need some cheer" so they made that day Christmas Day. And Christmas is not universal. You got some people doing Christmas, some people doing Kwanzaa, some people doing Hunnakah and lots of people doing lots of drinking and eating.
On Halloween you can drink and eat all you want- and not feel guilty about your "sins".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
My favourite holiday will soon be upon us! I think Halloween should be a BIG holiday- including everybody off work and businesses closed. Not because I really care that much for it but because it drives the religious fundie nutcases crazy. It was always fun to dress up as Satan or a demon and go knock on their doors on Halloween.
Halloween is also a universal holiday. Christmas on the other hand is a total fabrication. Nobody knows when the Lord Jesus Christ was born unto Earth. The just took the first day of winter, put up some Pagan trees and said "hey, you know winter is depressing as all hell and we need some cheer" so they made that day Christmas Day. And Christmas is not universal. You got some people doing Christmas, some people doing Kwanzaa, some people doing Hunnakah and lots of people doing lots of drinking and eating.
On Halloween you can drink and eat all you want- and not feel guilty about your "sins".
I'm with ya there! great holiday and the only one I like....and if more people were honest they would admit it's the best,too.

No gifts, just candy.

No dressing up , just dressing ...up...or down or scary or silly ....!

Scaring little children!!

Scaring teenagers...that's the best!

Candy and more candy....YES!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Because it's a "fun" holiday, not a stressful one. You put a few decorations out and have fun.
Going to work isn't so bad. I dress up in costume for work (not elaborate though).

Last year I wore one of those grim reaper costumes with a hood and had a plastic scythe.
What fun to appear at my manager's office dressed like that, holding the scythe and saying "Do you have a minute to spare ? It's your turn now".

Old 10-27-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm with ya there! great holiday and the only one I like....and if more people were honest they would admit it's the best,too.

No gifts, just candy.

No dressing up , just dressing ...up...or down or scary or silly ....!

Scaring little children!!

Scaring teenagers...that's the best!

Candy and more candy....YES!
If you really wanna drive the fundies nuts, hand out these:
bookofjoe: Pot Suckers — Hemp–Flavored Lollipops

Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM

Anyone know any Republican, Democrat Halloween jokes?

We should lighten it up in here even if it means taking away from the Racist and Gang Rape threads......

A few Halloweens ago I was...a table.....and I was scary, really...

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
LOL

Good post. Your points are right on, KevK.

I would not mind the celebration of the birth of Christ if it was any other time. Like I believe there are some passages that lead people to believe Jesus was born in March.

"Christmas" which is celebrated in December is solely stolen from the Pagans. They did it to make it easier for Pagans to convert or force them too. Christians should move on and celebrate it in March or whenever. I laugh when they go all out for "Christmas" because they are celebrating the holiday of the religion they dread the most. Pagan religions! Same with Easter. Where did the Bunny come from? All stolen from the religion they hate most.

I roll my eyes when I see the whole "Keep Christ in Christmas". I am like "Wow...wonder if they know Pagans might want to keep the festival in the holiday YOU STOLE! And when did Christ come into Yuletide? He did not. Just some of the religious pushy people put him in there. Result? Celebrating a fraud holiday.

The tree, giving gifts, Easter Bunny and eggs, etc are all Pagan festivals. I wonder how many Christians actually know that.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
If you really wanna drive the fundies nuts, hand out these:
bookofjoe: Pot Suckers — Hemp–Flavored Lollipops
Naw...think I'll stick to my "special" old-fashioned Brownies!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL

I would not mind the celebration of the birth of Christ if it was any other time. Like I believe there are some passages that lead people to believe Jesus was born in March.

"Christmas" which is celebrated in December is solely stolen from the Pagans. They did it to make it easier for Pagans to convert or force them too. Christians should move on and celebrate it in March or whenever. I laugh when they go all out for "Christmas" because they are celebrating the holiday of the religion they dread the most. Pagan religions! Same with Easter. Where did the Bunny come from? All stolen from the religion they hate most.

I roll my eyes when I see the whole "Keep Christ in Christmas". I am like "Wow...wonder if they know Pagans might want to keep the festival in the holiday YOU STOLE! And when did Christ come into Yuletide? He did not. Just some of the religious pushy people put him in there. Result? Celebrating a fraud holiday.

The tree, giving gifts, Easter Bunny and eggs, etc are all Pagan festivals. I wonder how many Christians actually know that.

So let's keep the Devil Worship in Halloween!

Down with the War on Halloween!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL

I could go along with moving Chistmas to March. I mean, all the holidays are bunched up in the last 6 months of the year. Then you got Jan 2 until summer with NO holidays. Do we really need 3 major holidays in the space of 5 weeks (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years) and then NONE until June?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Well yay for halloween being on a saturday this month AND we put our clocks an hour behind..woohoo, more drinkin' time! I love halloween, it's my absolute fave holiday. I love love love watching scary movies no matter what time of year but it's especially fun during halloween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies