Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think calling a woman a wh*re to her face is a little different than the things you listed, but I guess that's just me. I'm just glad he's not my Representative, and I'll continue to hope that he loses his primary election to a Democrat with a little more maturity.
Oh now he called her a wh*re to her face? Do tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
He is a left wing radical nut job who has ties to Acorn and their scamming of money from the American taxpayer.

He says things that never make any sense, and this guy has a history of being a radical far left whack job.

Wasn't he the one who said that certain Americans were the enemies?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Quote:
Really? And which member of the Bush administration called someone a K street wh-re?

Looks like you are fighting another uphill battle AUM..
If you backtrack on this thread, I think many of the opinions here will answer some of your questions. Robertson is not lobbying for the good of the American people (very far from it) and it's about time somebody did. That is where the appreciation for Grayson's blunt and to the point manner is stemming from.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-27-2009 at 09:52 PM..

Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you backtrack on this thread, I think many of the opinions here will answer some of your questions. Robertson is not lobbying for the good of the American people (very far from it) and it's about time somebody did. That is where the appreciation for Grayson's blunt and to ther point manner is stemming from.
Criticizing Grayson, is not the same as defending Robertson.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Here is a copy of an email from Linda Robertson to two now convicted felons she worked for.

Now the Federal Reserve Chairman wants this hack to work for him with our tax dollars.

Grayson is fighting against this.....but the OP doesn't like his potty-mouth so he's no good.

To: Ken Lay and Steve Kean

From: Enron governmental affairs executive Linda Robertson

Date: June 1, 2001

Subject: The President's Dinner, A Congressional Salute Honoring President Bush and Vice President Cheney, June 7, 2001, in Washington, DC
...The President's Dinner is a joint fundraising effort by the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) and the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC). We contacted both Congressman Tom DeLay and the House Senate Dinner committee to ensure that Enron could fully participate in The President's Dinner and receive credit for money we have already committed to the Committees earlier this year.
With the assistance of Congressman Tom DeLay, we were able to apply our previously contributed soft money toward this dinner. Consequently, we will be credited as giving $250,000 to this event, even though we are being asked to give only $50,000 in new soft money. Our earlier contributions of $100,000 each to the NRCC and NRSC will make up the remaining money. You will be listed as Co-Chair of the event, the highest level of giving. We will be crediting Congressmen DeLay, Armey, Barton and Tauzin for raising the $100,000 allocation for the NRCC. As for $100,000 we earlier gave the NRSC, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has requested that Enron give her some credit for raising the money. We would like to split it among several other Senators.
In addition, Congressman Tom DeLay has asked Enron to contribute $100,000 to his leadership committee, ARMPAC, through a combination of corporate and personal money from Enron's executives. ARMPAC funds will be used to assist other House Members as well as the redistricting effort in Texas. We will be meeting this request over the course of this

Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think calling a woman a wh*re to her face is a little different than the things you listed, but I guess that's just me. I'm just glad he's not my Representative, and I'll continue to hope that he loses his primary election to a Democrat with a little more maturity.
AUM, your own link clearly states that Grayson's remark was made on a radio program. The former Enron lobbyist wasn't there. It is a picayune argument. Yes, it's very different: One person made an uncomplimentary (but true) remark in this case about an unknown former lobbyist. The remarks about President Obama that I cited have been seen here; worse as well, but C-D has good moderators and they may slip by, but briefly.
The slurs against Obama are far worse, as he represents America to the world...very different indeed. And I will hope that Grayson continues to speak out, especially when it's for those unable to do it for themselves.
I don't think one instance is sufficient to reject his other beliefs. I hope he wins re-election and keeps using Mr. Smith Goes to Washington as his
template.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here is a copy of an email from Linda Robertson to two now convicted felons she worked for.

Now the Federal Reserve Chairman wants this hack to work for him with our tax dollars.

Grayson fighting against this.....but the OP doesn't like his potty-mouth so he's no good.

To: Ken Lay and Steve Kean

From: Enron governmental affairs executive Linda Robertson

Date: June 1, 2001

Subject: The President's Dinner, A Congressional Salute Honoring President Bush and Vice President Cheney, June 7, 2001, in Washington, DC
...The President's Dinner is a joint fundraising effort by the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) and the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC). We contacted both Congressman Tom DeLay and the House Senate Dinner committee to ensure that Enron could fully participate in The President's Dinner and receive credit for money we have already committed to the Committees earlier this year.
With the assistance of Congressman Tom DeLay, we were able to apply our previously contributed soft money toward this dinner. Consequently, we will be credited as giving $250,000 to this event, even though we are being asked to give only $50,000 in new soft money. Our earlier contributions of $100,000 each to the NRCC and NRSC will make up the remaining money. You will be listed as Co-Chair of the event, the highest level of giving. We will be crediting Congressmen DeLay, Armey, Barton and Tauzin for raising the $100,000 allocation for the NRCC. As for $100,000 we earlier gave the NRSC, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has requested that Enron give her some credit for raising the money. We would like to split it among several other Senators.
In addition, Congressman Tom DeLay has asked Enron to contribute $100,000 to his leadership committee, ARMPAC, through a combination of corporate and personal money from Enron's executives. ARMPAC funds will be used to assist other House Members as well as the redistricting effort in Texas. We will be meeting this request over the course of this
Criticizing Greyson, is not the same as defending Robertson et al.
Greyson might have made points outside of his tiny core of sycophants had he exhibited a modicum of class in calling out Robertson, but alas he couldn't control his urges and almost manages to make her out as a sympathetic figure in the process.
Brilliant.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh now he called her a wh*re to her face? Do tell?
Next thing you know, Limppaw will be telling people that Grayson is stalking her. As if this woman deserves any defense.

“She attacked the Congressman and his efforts to promote a Republican bill to audit the Federal Reserve. She actually questioned his understanding of the difference between fiscal and monetary policy. This is [a] person who used to be the chief lobbyist for Enron attacking the intelligence and motives of a Congressman who used to be an economist,” wrote Jurkowski in an email to the Orlando Sentinel.

Firebrand Rep. Grayson Calls Ex-Enron Lobbyist ‘K Street *****’ | ChattahBox News Blog

The Former Enron Lobbyist’s Dirty Little Secret…And the ticking, $492-Trillion-Dollar Time Bomb She Helped Create

She’s proven that she’s capable of getting esoteric, potentially disastrous legislation through the horse-traders in Congress, and that’s just the kind of qualification the Fed was looking for.

Fed Brings on Enron's Linda Robertson (http://www.sovereignsociety.com/2009Archives1stHalf/060809FedBringsonEnronsLindaRobertson/tabid/5732/Default.aspx - broken link)

Old 10-27-2009, 09:49 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,695 times
[quote=Sagran;11375064]Name calling? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, you are calling it name when you call

Aflac

Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Criticizing Grayson, is not the same as defending Robertson.
Then what is your problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies