Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I am not a conservative. You are incorrectly labeling me as some kind of conservative militia freak, just because I mentioned the dreadful word "revolution". I'm not a liberal either.

The US government is very, very, very corrupt and is doing lots of things that harm the American people. If you do not understand why, then i'm not going to take the time to explain how.

And i'm not even talking about a violent armed revolution necessarrily. I'm just talking about a major change in government.
What a bunch of silly BS.
You claim to not be pushing armed revolution, but then in your very next post you claim that voting is sham and makes no difference.

How EXACTLY are YOU proposing to make your "major change in government" if voting makes no difference?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What a bunch of silly BS.
You claim to not be pushing armed revolution, but then in your very next post you claim that voting is sham and makes no difference.

How EXACTLY are YOU proposing to make your "major change in government" if voting makes no difference?

Ken
The people can peacefully uprise against the government and take it over.

Not through violence but through protests and huge numbers of people peacefull revolting. Similar to the velvet revolution perhaps. Or similar to the strategy MLK had in the civil rights movement. If millions of American people start demanding a change in government, and they get up and do somethign about it, it could happen.

It is not a black and white choice of voting or armed revolt. There are many different ways it could be brought about. I am not against an armed revolution either though.

The USA was founded on the principle that and armed revolt SHOULD happen if the Gov. gets too corrupt. But in recent years we have been brainwashed into thinking that makes a person a "terrorist" to think that way.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:46 PM

채소찰ㅟ릉키 ㄺㅎ셉납뱌커ㅑ야치!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:

Not through violence but through protests and huge numbers of people peacefull revolting. Similar to the velvet revolution perhaps. Or similar to the strategy MLK had in the civil rights movement. If millions of American people start demanding a change in government, and they get up and do somethign about it, it could happen.

It is not a black and white choice of voting or armed revolt. There are many different ways it could be brought about. I am not against an armed revolution either though.

The USA was founded on the principle that and armed revolt SHOULD happen if the Gov. gets too corrupt. But in recent years we have been brainwashed into thinking that makes a person a "terrorist" to think that way.
OK, I'll accept you have a third alternative.
It won't happen though.
Most people are a lot less unhappy than you think.
The internet is NOT an accurate representation of Americans views.

Ken

Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
With all due respect, are you old enough to vote?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
I think CaliforniaBear would like a bolshovic revolution judging by the tone of some of his post.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
With all due respect, are you old enough to vote?
I'm about 30 years old.

The intelligence level on this forum seems very low right now. It's almost all petty personal attacks with maybe 20% of the people actually addressing the issues. Is it always like this?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
I'm about 30 years old.

The intelligence level on this forum seems very low right now. It's almost all petty personal attacks with maybe 20% of the people actually addressing the issues. Is it always like this?
In all honesty, posters, such as yourself, set the tone. And from what little I have read of your posts, yours tend to be on the rude and condesending side - and that sets the tone for the other poster(s) responses.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In all honesty, posters, such as yourself, set the tone. And from what little I have read of your posts, yours tend to be on the rude and condesending side - and that sets the tone for the other poster(s) responses.
There is nothing rude about my posts. Well, I did write a few rude posts in response to some extremely rude posts written to me, but that's not the norm.

The truth is that some people just strongly disagree with what I am saying, so they are attacking me. I am writing posts about hot subjects and some people are freaking out about it.

Take yourself for example. You have "impeach Obama" written on your forum page. It's obvious that you have very specific views on things, and if something is typed that goes against those views of yours, you retaliate like it's fight time. That seems to be the norm around here. People battling with their views like it's a football game, instead of just discussing and asking questions.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:06 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Ok, so, almost everyone in America hates the government and doesn't trust the government. The government has become totally corrupt and is obviously not working in the people's best interest anymore.

So where is the revolution? Why isn't anyone interested in a revolution?

Everybody in America? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies