Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the elected government?

US CODE: Title 18,2385. Advocating overthrow of Government
Many people don't recognize US codes that override DoI and Constitutional rights of free speech. You can't imprison all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Exercise your right to vote.That is where our power lies. And whatever the result, we will have to live with it..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Exercise your right to vote.That is where our power lies. And whatever the result, we will have to live with it..
When congress is permitted to redistrict on a whim and maintain an over 90% re-election rate, what makes you think we actually vote in our representatives?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Many people don't recognize US codes that override DoI and Constitutional rights of free speech. You can't imprison all of us.
So you don't recognize Federal Law, Good Luck with that.
Ask Randy Weaver how that worked out

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
The people can peacefully uprise against the government and take it over.

Not through violence but through protests and huge numbers of people peacefull revolting. Similar to the velvet revolution perhaps. Or similar to the strategy MLK had in the civil rights movement. If millions of American people start demanding a change in government, and they get up and do somethign about it, it could happen.

It is not a black and white choice of voting or armed revolt. There are many different ways it could be brought about. I am not against an armed revolution either though.

The USA was founded on the principle that and armed revolt SHOULD happen if the Gov. gets too corrupt. But in recent years we have been brainwashed into thinking that makes a person a "terrorist" to think that way.
The only way something like this would really work, is if at the very least.....the same number of American "Tea Partiers" marched into WA DC like they did a couple months ago....but this time.......
STAY PUT and don't go ANYWHERE until their actions are dutifully noted by the entire govt. we presently have.
So, if plopping in DC by the millions......and indefinitely so.....IS what it might take......there hopefully, would be a lot of bands playing and it could then, turn into a "PO'ed American Woodstock" all around the nations capitol!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So you don't recognize Federal Law, Good Luck with that.
Ask Randy Weaver how that worked out
Nope, don't recognize it. Fortunately, the government is ill equipped with their burdensome deficit to wage any sort of commando operation on civis.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Nope, don't recognize it.
While you may not "recognize" Federal Law and CFR's, you have to abide by and live with them regardless.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I am not a conservative. You are incorrectly labeling me as some kind of conservative militia freak, just because I mentioned the dreadful word "revolution". I'm not a liberal either.

The US government is very, very, very corrupt and is doing lots of things that harm the American people. If you do not understand why, then i'm not going to take the time to explain how.

And i'm not even talking about a violent armed revolution necessarrily. I'm just talking about a major change in government.
It's called denial. Americans refuse to believe their own Government is working against them and for the corporations. In the case of New Jersey their government is working for organized crime.

So regardless of the naive posters calling anyone, who hates what our Government has become, right wing militants, the truth is our leaders are no longer working for America.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
While you may not "recognize" Federal Law and CFR's, you have to abide by and live with them regardless.
Nah, I disagree. Besides, I obey only enough to get by.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
It's called denial. Americans refuse to believe their own Government is working against them and for the corporations. In the case of New Jersey their government is working for organized crime.

So regardless of the naive posters calling anyone, who hates what our Government has become, right wing militants, the truth is our leaders are no longer working for America.
Sad, but very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies