Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,665,850 times

Advertisements

Is this guy is still geting laid in the back seat of a car? I stopped that when I was 19. Maybe South Carolina dosen't pay its politicians enough to use the local "No Tell" motel. What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Has THIS man ever proposed legislation to regulate morality in other people? NO ONE has put out ONE bill that says he has.

When has THIS man ever preached about the morality of gay sex using family values as the argument?

If you criticize him without pointing out where HE HAS proposed regulations or preached about the morality, it indeed makes YOU the hypocrite for criticizing the man for the very same things liberals support using the family values and moraility arguments.

What has HE done to be a hypocrite? I'm also a Republican, but you wont for a second find me preaching about the virtues of religion, I'm agnostic. The lumping of all Republicans together for what appears to be nothing but a feel good, liberal attack fest using no facts other than "Republican having gay sex" might be amusing for you "pro gay" supporters, but indeed it makes you the hypocrites unless you can point out where THIS MAN has legislated or criticized "gays".
What are you talking about, gay sex? He wasnt with a boy, he was with a girl young enough to be his granddaughter who worked at a strip club and evidently was not on this "date" with him for love but for money.

Family values- and girls-needing-money-wise, he sponsored several bills that would mandate Norplant birth control for all women on welfare (I kid you not, the "Responsible Parenting Act"*) and is known for "his work on anti-abortion initiatives."

So yes, he certainly has "proposed legislation to regulate morality in other people," and on just about as intrusive and personal a level as a Republican could get in his wildest dreams.

* Query - South Carolina Legislature Online

Last edited by delusianne; 10-29-2009 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: added stuff

Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What are you talking about, gay sex? He wasnt with a boy, he was with a girl young enough to be his granddaughter who worked at a strip club and evidently was not on this "date" with him for love but for money.

Family values- and girls-needing-money-wise, he sponsored several bills that would mandate Norplant birth control for all women on welfare (I kid you not, the "Responsible Parenting Act"*) and is known for "his work on anti-abortion initiatives."

So yes, he certainly has "proposed legislation to regulate morality in other people," and on just about as intrusive and personal a level as a Republican could get in his wildest dreams.

* Query - South Carolina Legislature Online
Ok, I misread "gentlemans club"...

So tell me when this man sponsored birth control bills, that wouldnt be a hypocrite, especially considering he might have had the girl "pregnant"

Did the girl have an abortion? Did he fund an abortion? Did he write legislation to limit people from having sex with those that were much younger than they are? Seriously, the hatred from the left never ceases to amaze me..

Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

We of the left wing do not hate this guy. We are just pointing out his hypocrisy. He insists on a prudish morality for everyone else while being a libertine himself. No hatred involved.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

9,453 posts, read 9,745,682 times
While some of the politicians in SC have given their state a bad reputation, the good news is that Boeing has selected Charleston, SC to be a final assembly plant for it's 787 Dreamliner.

More and more high tech jobs are coming to SC. I hope the trend continues and the politicians stop "screwing" around!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 AM

9,453 posts, read 9,745,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We of the left wing do not hate this guy. We are just pointing out his hypocrisy. He insists on a prudish morality for everyone else while being a libertine himself. No hatred involved.
You do realize that he was the Assistant Attorney General.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM

I wonder how he Assisted the Attorney General? Providing the names of "willing" dancers and the clubs where they worked?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:
When you also point out the hypocrisy from the left come back and lets talk. Till then clean your own house before you try and cry about someone elses not being clean

Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When you also point out the hypocrisy from the left come back and lets talk. Till then clean your own house before you try and cry about someone elses not being clean
That would be another thread, Jadex.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
In order to point out the "hypocracy", you have to make several unknown assumptions.

Maybe his wife gets off knowing that he's out sleeping with another chick, and by sleeping around, it actually increases the family foundation by making her happy. (yeah, far fetched idea, but some individuals get excited by the fact).

You havent pointed out where HIS hypocracy is, you have only taken items that OTHERS have said and used it to pretend a hypocracy took place.

Again, what has THIS MAN said or what policies did he help create that he himself have gone against?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies