Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:16 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It has come to my attention by a friend of mine that her daughter's school participated in spirit week.

This is usually the week where kids have a different theme every day and the entire school participates. They had school colors day, pajama day, etc...

The pictures I saw reflect the schools "Cross Dressing Day" and I have to tell you that it should be called "Gay Day".

What school principal would approve students coming to school dressed like this? What are the students learning from participating in a day like this? Don't tell me tolerance because it's not called "tolerance day". It's the silent indoctrination of our nations children to accept blurred gender lines and roles as being normal.

This is not normal.
I'm glad the tradition lives on. In the late 1980's we did the same thing for homecoming week. We had "opposite sex day".

Of course that was before the days of political correctness, cable news, and blogs stirring up all of this divesiveness. But we had a blast!

Indoctrination my arse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
The gay agenda is trying desperately to blur the lines of gender roles. They do this by crossdressing (which fuels a desire in young boys at school to do the same and some who are confused about their gender and gender role as a male). The same goes for females who dress up "butch" as males.

My question is why they don't call it Gay day? Or Gender Identity Confusion Day because that's what it is.
And what was it in the 50s? The 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s?

Much ado about nothing (very good play and movie by the way. OMG, I just remembered that the men wore...tights).

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
This isn't about music, imitating or following a band or singer.

This is about children being exposed to gay imagery in order to brainwash them into seeing that it is a fun, light hearted, and harmless action to dress up and assume the opposite gender.

This is very destructive to children who do not have a strong grounded foundation in reality.

The stakes are higher today. I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about 2009 where gender issues are being discussed with relation to homosexuals.
Now, I'm really confused...and I don't mean in a gender bending kinda way.
So, let me get this straight (no pun intended)

You are the one who brought up Boy George...
Now, you're saying it's not about "imitating a singer etc etc." (see above)
which kids can do every single day, day in and day out, outside of their own homes, or hidden in a closet, (pun intended) and that's just NOT the same as
but ONE day of having the lacrosse & football jocks switch outfits with the cheerleaders. That one school day is a destructive force of the "gay agenda"?

Which imaginary children that don't have a strong foundation are you referring?

"This is very destructive to children who do not have a strong grounded foundation in reality."

Obviously, not YOUR children, so who is it exactly that you are trying to "protect" from one measly clothing swap day?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I don't think it's ok for any group to push their beliefs on others - I am a big supporter of every group being allowed to be themselves without having to hide their beliefs from others, nor shove them down each others' throats. I think where the trouble comes is different people's perceptions of what is forcing a belief down someone's throat versus being treated as an equal in society.

FWIW, I think it is only a small percentage of religious folks who try to push their beliefs on others and I also think it's only a small percentage of gay folks doing the same. Again, most of the gay people I know just want to be free to live their lives without others condemning them at every turn.

Either way, I don't see spirit week attire being some nefarious plot to influence kids.
I don't see it as that either. As others have posted, similar things have been going on for a while. But with the way things are going in our schools, it will definitely become common place. That I think is wrong, there needs to be standards and homosexuality is not the standard in nature.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
BTW, my hometown high school that had "opposite sex day" is located in an very conservative and very Christian town.

Lighten up people...

Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,699 times
Quote:
The gay agenda is trying desperately to blur the lines of gender roles. They do this by crossdressing (which fuels a desire in young boys at school to do the same and some who are confused about their gender and gender role as a male). The same goes for females who dress up "butch" as males.

My question is why they don't call it Gay day? Or Gender Identity Confusion Day because that's what it is.
Because most gays HATE crossdressers.

They bring negative stereotypes to the gay community, like rednecks bring to the white community.

I hate being associated with bigoted homophobic white trash trailer park residents as much as most gays hate being associated with drag queens.

Plus, have you ever watched any comedy? How often do men dress as women for comedic value? Didn't you ever have POWDER PUFF FOOTBALL at your school? My HS did this in the 90s and the cheerleaders played football while the football players put on cheerleader outfits and cheered them on. Trust me, none of those jocks with a little skirt on was gay.

If you use the term "gay agenda", that's all that needs to be said to know everything about your opinions of gays.

Ever hear of Halloween? Plenty of boys wear dresses then too.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
We had this at my high school but we called it "Opposite Day"

Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
You just said it was in reference to Boy George.

Quote:
This is about children being exposed to gay imagery in order to brainwash them into seeing that it is a fun, light hearted, and harmless action to dress up and assume the opposite gender.
It is a fun, light hearted, and harmless action to dress up, and has nothing to do with "gay imagery".

Quote:
This is very destructive to children who do not have a strong grounded foundation in reality.
Luckily children are not too concerned about sexual identity, they are more concerned about being Superman. It is their parents that are apparently fixated with it. Once they are teens they are either gay, or not.

Quote:
The stakes are higher today. I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about 2009 where gender issues are being discussed with relation to homosexuals.
I really have no idea what you mean here. For the first time people are openly talking about issues affecting the LGBT community, still haven't seen a recruitment drive advertised on Craigslist, but it could happen.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 10-28-2009 at 11:33 AM..

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
I don't see it as that either. As others have posted, similar things have been going on for a while. But with the way things are going in our schools, it will definitely become common place. That I think is wrong, there needs to be standards and homosexuality is not the standard in nature.

Really? Are you serious?

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:

You need to get out of Marina Del Rey more often apparently..

I've seen pictures of high school football players jokingly dressing up as cheerleaders in my mom's yearbooks--from a high school in Georgia way back in the sixties. I'm sure the majority of those Georgia football players pursued a gay lifestyle as a result of it--yeah right.

The whole spirit week dressing up thing has been going on as everyone has pointed out--for quite a while now.

Quote:
Honestly, I kind of question your foundation in reality...I think your average high school kid might not take this as seriously as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies