Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Give me a break! So you expect people to go out of their way and spend the time to find some product that is made in America by some primadona union labor so they can pay twice as much than if they went out and bought one at wallmart?
Way to defend China
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Nonsense. Without an educated workforce we cannot have a thriving middle class. There is no reason the US has to manufacture anything. There are many reasons it is better to ship it oversees.
You are talking absolute nonsense!

Thom Hartmann: Free Trade Is Destroying Our Economy

Thom Hartmann: Free Trade Is Destroying Our Economy Video

Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,096,161 times

I clicked on this thread because I wanted to see a good idea to help "fix the economy", as the title suggests. What do I find? Another "bash Wal*Mart" thread.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Some of you ought to take a look at the left's favorite Billionaire, Warren Buffet, he is loving China, and looking at Vietnam because the Chinese are starting to get a little greedy and raisng their wages. Cmon people, the fact is we are part of a global market, Americans have been fat dumb and happy, thinking that they are entitled to more, more, more, well holy cow look around and see what happened. When union assembly line workers in Washington state, building airplanes arent happy because they only make 28 dollars an hour plus benefits and want to strike every 6 months when they realize they cant actually afford a Lexus. Boeing says hey we got this brand new giant building in South Carolina and thousands of people that would be happy making 14 dollars an hour just waiting for us to move in! Guess which economy gets better Washingtons or South Carolinas?? Hello!!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Some of you ought to take a look at the left's favorite Billionaire, Warren Buffet, he is loving China, and looking at Vietnam because the Chinese are starting to get a little greedy and raisng their wages. Cmon people, the fact is we are part of a global market, Americans have been fat dumb and happy, thinking that they are entitled to more, more, more, well holy cow look around and see what happened. When union assembly line workers in Washington state, building airplanes arent happy because they only make 28 dollars an hour plus benefits and want to strike every 6 months when they realize they cant actually afford a Lexus. Boeing says hey we got this brand new giant building in South Carolina and thousands of people that would be happy making 14 dollars an hour just waiting for us to move in! Guess which economy gets better Washingtons or South Carolinas?? Hello!!
And that's all right with you.

Who can blame Warren B and investors for investing in China, with Americans like you having that attitude.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Yeah. You see, I DON'T support commies.
Yeah you keep telling yourself that, we are going to be owned by commies. Who just bought the biggest symbol of Americanism HUMMER? CHINA!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Last edited by silas777; 10-28-2009 at 08:32 PM..

Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
way to defend china
i hate china!!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Basically we are funding a failing auto industry that did it on their own;why should we be forced to buy their crummy products. That is the thing that got those companies where they are now. Buy USA has beeen a sure fire way to crummy prodcuts at higher and higher prices.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,543 times
Quote:
Yeah you keep telling yourself that, we are going to be owned by commies. Who just bought the biggEst symbol of Americanism HUMMER? CHINA!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee!
Just a guess...I bet your favorite color is RED.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
And that's all right with you.

Who can blame Warren B and investors for investing in China, with Americans like you having that attitude.
I guess I had the impression you were somewhat educated? I understand what Buffet understands . What exactly do you think is the answer. Boycott walmart? that is going to solve anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies