Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 PM

75 posts, read 278,615 times

Advertisements

The younger generations are much more tolerant than the older generations. They learn at a young age to accept people for who they are.
Back in the day a racial mixed marriage would not be tolerated at all. Now, people do not even give a second glance to this.
Homosexual people are an important part of society just like anyone else. Live and let live.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
do I dare................. nah better just let it go ! great post!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:16 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
I applaud you Lindsay, your post was a thoughtful one and OH SO TRUE...
I have friends who are Gay and my heart aches for them because of the kind of life they are forced to live...

If my daughter came to me and told me she was a Lesbian, I would ache for her, for the pain she will feel, for the horrible way she will be treated but I would applaud her courage in standing up and living the life she feels is right for her, in spite of the hatred...I would accept her mate as a member of the family and look forward to being a grandmother...

There is a group that is made up for people with gay friends and family, I was watching a program on it the other day in LOGO. I can't remember what they were called, Parents and Friends of ...something like that PFLAG I think?? I thought about joining to support my friends.

I have a close friend who is gay, his family is not tolerant at all, in fact his Mother beats him over the head with the bible at every turn, his Father...wow...well he is the original manly man, who is threatened by the fact he has a gay son so maybe people assume he is gay as well...its a mess.

Has anyone read that in the states where Gay Marriage is allowed, the divorce rate is lower??

Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,550 times
Not Lazy
Just tired of spending the evening trying to talk sence into sumone that will not listen but still gripe about a little bit of everything.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Are you responding to the OP, or just blathering to hear your own voice.

If I recall you are physician, a highly educated person and religious--can't you give the OP a graceful response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Not Lazy
Just tired of spending the evening trying to talk sence into sumone that will not listen but still gripe about a little bit of everything.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 PM

159 posts, read 810,769 times
I've always told my children I will love and accept whoever they fall in
love with regardless of race or sex. I would never want them to think they
couldn't bring home the person who they fell in love with... I want to share
their happiness and I told my kids the only thing I would be sad for is the
fact that they wouldn't have the tradional wedding. But hey, nowadays they
are having ceremonies anyway!! The most important thing is if the person they bring home loves your kid and is a law abiding good person. To me
anyways...

Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Are you responding to the OP, or just blathering to hear your own voice.

If I recall you are physician, a highly educated person and religious--can't you give the OP a graceful response.

I think it was a great post. If my child (if I had one) came to me and said they were gay, I would be Stunned. I dont believe you ever disown your children and I would love them the same. I would want them to be happy but I would also be upset that they went aginst the values that I would have taught them. I would also be concerned for their spiritual future.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Thank you for making the effort. I am sure this response will be more meaningful to the OP than your first response, and it certainly renews my faith in possibilities tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
I think it was a great post. If my child (if I had one) came to me and said they were gay, I would be Stunned. I dont believe you ever disown your children and I would love them the same. I would want them to be happy but I would also be upset that they went aginst the values that I would have taught them. I would also be concerned for their spiritual future.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:51 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,749 times
Very moving post. If one of my children (ages 2 and 5) ever told me they were gay it would not make a bit of difference to my feelings for them. If more people would open their minds instead of preaching hate this world would be a much better place.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:53 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,373,512 times
It would make no difference to me if my child told me they were gay. I would caution them that the road ahead might be a bit bumpy. As long as they are happy with their decision, not tormented because of it, and I would be fully supportive as would my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies