Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 AM

432 posts, read 604,021 times

Advertisements

So there is actually no good liberal state or city to live in? I don't understand why liberals can't help a fella out here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
So there is actually no good liberal state or city to live in? I don't understand why liberals can't help a fella out here...
Of course not... people are all different and have many conflicting viewpoints. There is no one area that is 100% conservative or 100% liberal.

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this, but I love living in California. Not because it's liberal, but because where I live it's calm, I have the ocean within walking distance and some of the best hiking/biking areas around. And believe me... anyone who says California is 'just a bunch of liberals' has no idea what they're talking about.

Yes, I like sustainable agriculture and living spaces, I utilize solar power and collect rain in 55 gallon pails for watering my organic garden. I purchase most of my food at a farmer's market from local producers and I drive a small car and live in a small house. For some reason, I get a lot of crap (on this board, mostly) for that. Apparently, not having an SUV and 5 bedroom house and being FOR gay marriage, being college educated, and actively trying to shrink my 'footprint', among other things, makes me a 'pansy liberal' and I say 'so be it'.

Call me (and people like me) what you want, but just know that there is no such thing as a liberal or conservative paradise.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times
Quote:
As usual, you're just internet fishing with dynamite. Just pushing your own personal agenda. Any post you put up will be responded to by "Snarky The Clown", my alter ego.

I'll pick Guantanamo Bay. Everybody is treated equal there. They eat the same food, all get the same treatment and nobody ever has to worry about any of those pesky laws that apply on American soil. Torture is considered an acceptable form of communication and is applied equaly to all.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As usual, you're just internet fishing with dynamite. Just pushing your own personal agenda. Any post you put up will be responded to by "Snarky The Clown", my alter ego.

I'll pick Guantanamo Bay. Everybody is treated equal there. They eat the same food, all get the same treatment and nobody ever has to worry about any of those pesky laws that apply on American soil.

Seriously dude.. Get a grip. I asked a couple questions.. (look at OP)

NO ONE answered anything.... Some name a city or two but never mentioned why...

I don't understand , I didn't think it was that hard of a question..

But I guess you and others are not here to actually have conversations then...

Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times
Quote:
Seriously dude.. Get a grip. I asked a couple questions.. (look at OP)

NO ONE answered anything.... Some name a city or two but never mentioned why...

I don't understand , I didn't think it was that hard of a question..

But I guess you and others are not here to actually have conversations then...
Not so much, when the bait doesn't even hide the fishook

Lets get real here. You're not really trying to have an honest conversation. You just want to draw liberals out so you can swat them with your internet flyswatter.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,469,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

I'll pick Guantanamo Bay. Everybody is treated equal there. They eat the same food, all get the same treatment and nobody ever has to worry about any of those pesky laws that apply on American soil. Torture is considered an acceptable form of communication and is applied equaly to all.
Yeah, i pick Freetown, Sierra Leone or Mogadishu, Somalia for their "freedoms" and "liberties" they have.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
I like Chapel Hill-Carrboro quite frankly. The school system is excellent as is the public transport. There is a great deal of good cultural events, and other services are run well. It is safe and overall a great place to live. The cost of living is high in part because some taxes are needed to maintain the high levels of services and in part because housing prices are highish because it is such a desirable location with some of the absolute best public schools in the nation. It also has some of the lowest if not the lowest unemployment numbers in the entire state of NC right now.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM

ok, it looks like liberals won't have a talk with an independent now that they are in charge.. When they needed the votes they were very friendly to us independents... Different team than the Rep's but same ****...

Might as well close this post, b.c it doesn't look like one liberal wants to have an honest conversation about a good place to choose to live.

Adios.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
Quote:
ok, it looks like liberals won't have a talk with an independent now that they are in charge.. When they needed the votes they were very friendly to us independents... Different team than the Rep's but same ****...

Might as well close this post, b.c it doesn't look like one liberal wants to have an honest conversation about a good place to choose to live.

Adios.
Must have missed my post.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:

Adios.
Maybe they don't know what you consider "good" to be. I'm conservative but I don't like big cities so if a conservative said City X was good, it would be meaningless to me. You know, if you hate snow and some lib said Buffalo, NY was a great place for libs, you still wouldn't want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies