Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

"Hedge fund legend George Soros says a new currency system is needed, with the IMF’s special drawing right (SDR) at its center, in place of the U.S. dollar."

Soros: Dump Dollar for IMF Unit (http://moneynews.newsmax.com/streettalk/soros_dump_dollar_sdr/2009/10/28/278437.html - broken link)

My question is, what's in it for him?

When Soros says:

“We cannot afford to have the kind of chronic and mounting imbalances in international finance," I don't know who the "we" is. Is the "we" hedge fund billionaires or some other group of people/financial organizations?

Billionaires don't sit around thinking up these things unless they benefit, personally, and once again here's another news article that quotes someone and makes him the focus of the story but doesn't do a complete job in explaining what's in it for Mr Soros. It is a conservative publication so I'm not claiming there's some liberal hidden agenda. Does the magazine assume I should know how a hedge fund billionaire benefits, personally, by having the IMF dump the dollar? I don't know, so would someone please explain it to me so I have all of the information and can form an opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
soros made his money as a currency manipulator screwing over the economies of target countries -particularly the russian ruble and the british pound.

now he has targeted the united states dollar. sometimes the greedy overreach and it comes back and bites them in the backside.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Here's the original interview:

FT.com / Global Economy - Transcript: George Soros interview

Old 10-29-2009, 06:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I see that Soros has continued his fine tradition of siding with the enemy and turning on his own people, just like he did in Germany against the Jews many moons ago. Oh well, all of the money in the world won't allow him to escape judgment, which is coming soon I'm sure given his age.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I see that Soros has continued his fine tradition of siding with the enemy and turning on his own people, just like he did in Germany against the Jews many moons ago. Oh well, all of the money in the world won't allow him to escape judgment, which is coming soon I'm sure given his age.
When he was 14, for two days? And he warned the people what the information meant? Way to judge....

Did you read the actual interview, or.... just kinda not really?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
just to give a little background on the IMF for another insight:
The IMF to Play Role of Global Central Bank? « Dprogram.net

do we want to go that route?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
soros made his money as a currency manipulator screwing over the economies of target countries -particularly the russian ruble and the british pound.

now he has targeted the united states dollar. sometimes the greedy overreach and it comes back and bites them in the backside.
Whatever Soros is or isn't, the world had decided to dump the dollar as the reserve currency without his advice.
He didn't run up the massive deficits or start the endless wars or the de-industrialization policy Wall St. has pursued these past 50 yrs.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Soros is the one behind taking down America. It has been a dream of his for a long, long time. WAKE UP PEOPLE! GEORGE SOROS IS THE PUPPET MASTER in this whole toppling of America revolution.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM

487 posts, read 636,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Uh he's Jewish himself so I don't see how your post makes any sense?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Uh he's Jewish himself so I don't see how your post makes any sense?
Turncoats like Soros betrayed his own people by fingering them for the Nazis. He admitted this himself. Whether it was for one day or one year, it happened and he should've met his pathetic fate when the Soviets "liberated" Budapest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies