Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of Taxpayer monies being used to pay for an abortion
Yes - I have no problem with my tax dollars paying for an abortion 27 51.92%
No - I do not approve of my tax dollars paying for an abortion 25 48.08%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If this is the case, and you are sure it is, may I suggest you contact the Speaker of the House of Representatives? Let her know. Would you care for her office telephone number??
Thanks, but I don't need her to tell me something I already know. Why don't you call her and discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM

654 posts, read 466,373 times
No and doctors have the right to choose to not perform an abortion.

Abortions are easily preventable and plenty of tax dollars go to sex education. Getting pregnant does not jeopardize your life and is non-threatening (barring some extreme circumstances). Its not the same as treating tuberculosis, a broken shoulder, or cancer.

People need to accept responsibility for their sexual escapades and not expect other people to bail them out on this highly contentious issue.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Since we have talked about this numerous times you already know that Republicans have been a part of the process. Why do you always have to come back with arguments which have already been proven to be lies? Does the name Grassley ring a bell? How about the Gang Of Six?
And, you know that it is a group of House Democrats who oppose abortion who are raising the issue.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:23 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
GD.. you need another option. You need to add that if they do not allow a woman to have the procedure covered under their medical coverage then they need to offer coverage for other options..

See my post in the other thread you started on this topic as to why..
I guess a third option is:

It depends

Old 10-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thanks, but I don't need her to tell me something I already know. Why don't you call her and discuss it.
Well - You may "know it". But obviously, She does not "know" it. Nor does the House Majority leader.

Question for you: How is it that you know more than they do on the topic??

Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Here's my question;

What are the rules regarding those that are on Medicaid who recieve medical benefits from tax payer money in regards to abortions?

Because the only ones recieving medical care through taxpayer money are medicaid recipients.. and under reform it would be anyone that has their medical policies subsidized by the government?

Everyone else who pays the premiums , whether they pay for the private insurance option or any public option, are paying for themselves.. and so it should be allowed for them should they so choose. Because they are paying for it themselves.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
In today's culture, Most abortions are a matter of convenience. No different that a face lift or a boob job. I don't believe that taxpayer dollars should be used for convenience operations.

Now if the mother's life is threatened by carrying full term then that's a horse of a different color.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM

OK, I'd like request a favor:

It seems that there are some here that suggest the use of Federal Monies for Abortion procedures is already prohibited. That's fine if that is there position.

However, the intent of this thread was simply to get a flavor for how many would, or would not, approve of their tax dollars being used for abortions. It does not matter if a law currently prohibits it or not - for there is movement in the Congress to amend the law in question.

So, instead of focusing on one issue, in a clear attempt to INFLAME a thread, how about lets simply stick to the topic?

OK??

Old 10-29-2009, 01:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And, you know that it is a group of House Democrats who oppose abortion who are raising the issue.
I don't care who raises the question. For people like you and Roysoldboy everything is always Dem vs Repup, but I don't care. There is already a law which bans such funding, so the ignorant Congressors be it "R" or "D" might do their homework before embarrasing themselves in front of the nation.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Here's my question;

What are the rules regarding those that are on Medicaid who recieve medical benefits from tax payer money in regards to abortions?
Currently (and its been this way for a while), federal tax dollars cannot be used to fund abortion procedures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies