Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Or as an alternative theory... the CIA rightly wants to avoid giving terrorists more ammo in their recruitment drives.
Just maybe GWB was right to want to keep some of this stuff under wraps because not doing so will lead to more AMERICANS GETTING KILLED.
Exactly what I wanted to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
The bottom line is that it is very easy to make promises BEFORE you are actually sitting at the big desk. Anyone that actually thought things as far as defense go where going to be different are very naive. People bitched about the things Bush did but they kept us safe and it is exactly what Obama is going to do because he does not want an attack during his term, so everyone that complained about Bush should take a step back and realize he did it to keep us safe just like Obama is doing now.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times
Only the brain-dead thinks there's really a difference in agendas between the Democrats and the Republicans. Hey, they're the only 2 teams in the league! They control it and they control the stupid American voter who won't "waste" a vote on a 3rd party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I thought we got rid of Bush and Co.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Or as an alternative theory... the CIA rightly wants to avoid giving terrorists more ammo in their recruitment drives.
Just maybe GWB was right to want to keep some of this stuff under wraps because not doing so will lead to more AMERICANS GETTING KILLED.
What???

The only reason that The Bush/Cheney Crime Family wanted this hidden was to protect their own butts! Typing in caps does not make something more true...BTW.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What???

The only reason that The Bush/Cheney Crime Family wanted this hidden was to protect their own butts! Typing in caps does not make something more true...BTW.
I would have to disagree with you...It was for the overall safety, just like they're doing now.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:

"President Signs Law Giving Defense Department Authority To Exempt Photos From Freedom Of Information Act"

"President Obama today signed into law a Homeland Security appropriations bill that grants the Department of Defense (DOD) the authority to continue suppressing photos of prisoner abuse."

American Civil Liberties Union : President Signs Law Giving Defense Department Authority To Exempt Photos From Freedom Of Information Act

http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/safefree/le...egislation.pdf
This assumes that there has been abuse. Depends on your definition, I guess.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
I would have to disagree with you...It was for the overall safety, just like they're doing now.
No, sorry...The actual torture that ensued and many of the tortured are still around to tell the story, I might add, was what put our reputation and safety in jeopardy. The damage has been done, the photos are not the incriminating evidence. Punish the guilty or America is a complete fraud and a nation with a "Constitution that is just a piece of paper" that Bush said it was.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-29-2009 at 04:58 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:

"President Signs Law Giving Defense Department Authority To Exempt Photos From Freedom Of Information Act"

"President Obama today signed into law a Homeland Security appropriations bill that grants the Department of Defense (DOD) the authority to continue suppressing photos of prisoner abuse."

American Civil Liberties Union : President Signs Law Giving Defense Department Authority To Exempt Photos From Freedom Of Information Act

http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/safefree/le...egislation.pdf
Wow the President is as bad as the Fox Newsies, why sugar coat the truth. Autrocities are autrocities

Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
obo

Quote:
No, sorry...The actual torture that ensued and many of the tortured are still around to tell the story, I might add, was what put our reputation and safety in jeopardy. The damage has been done, the photos are not the incriminating evidence. Punish the guilty or America is a complete fraud and a nation with a "Constitution that is just a piece of paper" that Bush said it was.
lol, you know what I would equate that to? The rats over there who publish their beheadings for you to watch...

You're a bit overboard in your presumptions of convictions. I do believe that everything that was done was legal and signed off on by the most powerful people at the time. So, nothing's going to happen.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies