Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times

Advertisements

I am always amazed at the sheer ignorance of the posts I see on this forum.

Many people here have very, very strong opinions about things they know little about. And almost everyone here is a complete wing nut who obstinantly clings to his narrow-minded opinions. Almost everyone here argues about issues like it's a competetive debate, and nobody seems to be LISTENING or actually discussing things intelligently.

There are some cliche liberal extremists here. People who follow the liberal idealogy the to fine details and are obviously brainwashed by that camp.

But the majority of CD posters seem to be conservative, uneducated, uninformed, over opinionated, willfully ignorant, untraveled, uncultured, brainwashed and hostile.

Today, after reading through this forum it hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly realized why the posts on this forum are the way they are. I figured out the "scene" here.

And that scene is trailer trash, redneck, I luv Amurika goons.

Am I correct on this?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I figured out the "scene" here.

Am I correct on this?
No.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM

11,235 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Like the saying goes, "Opinions are like a**holes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks".

How you view the opinions of others all depends on what camp YOU are from. Judging by your post, I would say you lean to the left, and probably consider right wingers to be ignorant racists.

But that's just my opinion. Am I right or am I wrong?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Well, for what it's worth, I'm definitely uneducated, uninformed, over opinionated, willfully ignorant, untraveled, uncultured, brainwashed, and hostile.

Boo!

See? Don't mess with me.

Then again, I would have to be educated enough to know that I'm not educated, informed enough to know how much I don't actually know, unopinionated enough to know when I have acrewed too many, and independent thinking enough to know that my mind is, actually, completely mushed by the funny-sad people in the box.

Don't cross me, funny-sad man! I'm hostile!

Old 10-30-2009, 12:50 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Wow. Full of yourself aren't you? So those you don't agree with are redneck trash? Does that make you a liberal nut job from California, home of people who are fruits, nuts, and flakes? If so, which one are you,...the fruit, the nut, or the flake? Judging by the tone of your post I vote for the flake. With an attitude like yours, you should move to Berkeley cause you'll fit right in with the other flakes.
Quote:
I am always amazed at the sheer ignorance of the posts I see on this forum.

Many people here have very, very strong opinions about things they know little about. And almost everyone here is a complete wing nut who obstinantly clings to his narrow-minded opinions. Almost everyone here argues about issues like it's a competetive debate, and nobody seems to be LISTENING or actually discussing things intelligently.

There are some cliche liberal extremists here. People who follow the liberal idealogy the to fine details and are obviously brainwashed by that camp.

But the majority of CD posters seem to be conservative, uneducated, uninformed, over opinionated, willfully ignorant, untraveled, uncultured, brainwashed and hostile.

Today, after reading through this forum it hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly realized why the posts on this forum are the way they are. I figured out the "scene" here.

Am I correct on this?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:

Am I correct on this?
Nah. I've been here long enough and seen enough polls in this category to say with confidence that the posters here represent a good cross-section of the American population. I've tested this by posting polls with identical questions asked by polling firms such as Gallup and Pew. Without exception, the results we see on this forum are almost identical to the results that Gallup and Pew get from their polls.

Love us or leave us. We are who we are - warts and all.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:57 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
By the way, do you even know what is a real redneck culture,...other than what you see on TV and movies? There are many places in this country that one could call redneck and each has it's own unique culture. There are some farmers who raise crops and livestock who are far smarter than you would imagine. Their lives revolve around chemistry (soil composition for example), veternarian skills, and able to operate and repair industrial tractors so complex it would make your head spin just to try to turn the thing on. Other "rednecks" are also into hunting and fishing. They can find, kill, clean, and cook their own food. Some can even grow their own food out of the ground. Can you do that?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:57 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Like the saying goes, "Opinions are like a**holes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks".

How you view the opinions of others all depends on what camp YOU are from. Judging by your post, I would say you lean to the left, and probably consider right wingers to be ignorant racists.

But that's just my opinion. Am I right or am I wrong?
You're wrong.

I have views on things to the right and left. As well as some views that cannot be classified into either category. A lot of my views are libertarian/old school conservative, and a lot of my views are liberal too. Radical liberal on some issues, radically right wing on some issues, moderate on others......

Yesterday on city-data I was accused of being a right wing militia nut, and also a liberal extremist.

But more importantly, i'm willing to admit that I might be wrong. I'm willing to change my mind. I'm willing to listen to other people when they speak intelligently and make a good point. And I do not act like I know the answers to things that I have not studied much at all.

That's the main point. It's not a liberal/conservative issue. It's a matter of clinging to these views too strongly, regardless of which side they fall into.

I have a lot of conservative views. But I have to say it, lots of conservative in the USA are a disgrace and they seem to be more ignorant than the liberals. Lots of conservative are very, very, very rigid about their views and unwilling to listen to other views.

But this does not mean conservatism is bad. It's just the way modern American conservative are. Many of them are deep in the trash/redneck world and are complete yocals.

Conservatives and liberals are both thinking inside a box. But the liberals box is perhaps a little bit bigger right now.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Have you checked out the universities here in the united states? You will see a lot of what you just described. It is really sad that "educated" people are actually living zombies programmed to repeat propaganda like good little robots. I bet you all the people that are frustrating you are university affiliated or students. They tend to come across as you described. ha ha.

Quote:

Old 10-30-2009, 01:00 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Ha ha the liberals' box is a magic box used for tricks and illusions and nothing more

The conservatives' box is just a card-board box that a homeless man took a dump in and then abandoned.

Quote:

Conservatives and liberals are both thinking inside a box. But the liberals box is perhaps a little bit bigger right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies