Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For Your Favorite Healthcare Reform Video
A Plan We Can't Afford to Pass Up 0 0%
Angela's Story 0 0%
Choose the Public Option 0 0%
College Students Support Health Care Reform 0 0%
How to Tell You Need Health Care Reform 0 0%
Human Instinct 0 0%
I Deserve Health Care 0 0%
Is This Really the Way it Should Work? 0 0%
My Baby Has a Boo Boo 0 0%
Pancreas on a Belt 0 0%
Running for Your Life 0 0%
Saber Speaks 0 0%
Seeds of Love for America 0 0%
Serve & Protect 0 0%
Spin 0 0%
Stop Bandaging Over Health Reform 0 0%
The Boogeyman on Health Reform 0 0%
The Kids Are Covered 1 100.00%
Tough Choices 0 0%
What is "Freedom of Speech"? 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:04 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times

Advertisements

The DNC ran (note the past tense) a contest to find a supporter-submitted, 30-second ad in favor of healthcare reform, that they may use, in whole or in part, in an upcoming national ad campaign. As of the time of this posting, the winner hasn't been chosen or announced yet, but the official voting is closed.
Quote:
Contest starts 12:01 AM (ET) on 9/26/09 and ends 11:59 PM (ET) on 10/18/09. Winners will be selected by 11/7/09 and notified by phone and/or e-mail by 11/9/09. One winner will receive the following prize: all or part of the winner's video may be used in a TV ad associated with DNC's health reform campaign (approximate retail value: $0).
I didn't know about the contest in time to participate, but I just watched all the videos and am curious to know how others would have voted (or possibly did vote) for which one was best. So if you voted in the official contest, select the video you actually voted for, and if you didn't get to vote, here's your chance (unofficially, of course).

There were several I liked a lot. "My Baby Has a Boo Boo", "Serve & Protect" and "Spin" are among my favorites. But in the end, the one that made my jaw drop and had me clicking to re-watch it was "The Kids Are Covered".

Watch The Final 20 Videos Here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies