Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If you think this is hell on earth, you need to re-evaluate your self. Cripes, you people get yourself in to such a tizzy so easily it's a wonder you can hold down a job.
I was thinking the same thing. What must their lives be like to think that we're living in "hell on Earth", and then on top of it, that they blame Obama for their miseries?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I was thinking the same thing. What must their lives be like to think that we're living in "hell on Earth", and then on top of it, that they blame Obama for their miseries?!
I'm thinking it's really bad pot?

Old 10-31-2009, 01:01 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
If you think this is hell on earth, you need to re-evaluate your self. Cripes, you people get yourself in to such a tizzy so easily it's a wonder you can hold down a job.
We conservatives were thinking the exact same thing about you guys when GWB was president ...

But I digress ... Carry on

Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
We conservatives were thinking the exact same thing about you guys when GWB was president ...

But I digress ... Carry on
Here's how I was when Bush was in office: "Man, he kinda sucks a lot of a*s". I most certainly did not break down his every day doings as we see here going on on a daily basis w/the current president. I guess I had more important things to do?

Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Here's how I was when Bush was in office: "Man, he kinda sucks a lot of a*s". I most certainly did not break down his every day doings as we see here going on on a daily basis w/the current president. I guess I had more important things to do?
Then my comment does not apply to you specifically then. You have to admit that there are some on the left who are loony and was just as obsessed about GWB as those on the right who hype about Obama's every move.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
dude....it was a joke.

Slightly hyperbolic, but a joke. Basically saying what is this guy gonna do next.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:30 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,822,190 times
I understand your concerns, however, this is not fact yet. I will not crucify the man before any law is actually put into place. And the people coming here from other countries - won't they have to pay for their travel? IMO many people with HIV/AIDS won't afford the airfare. Lastly, common sense would still prevail - be safe, do hospital research, and you won't get the disease.

I believe everyone on this planet is equal and therefore all deserving of the same level of healthcare. I honestly don't know what countries these people would mostly be coming from. That information would help me make more deductions. There is always the possibility that a cure will be found, hopefully by us!

Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
He won't show any regret about the AIDS decision until his daughters are surrounded in their private school with AIDS skeletons in nearby desks.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:26 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclown View Post
It looks like the great all mighty President Obama has done it again. This time putting my family and your family and this whole great nation in great danger. By the beggining of 2010, Obama will lift the AIDS travel ban, allowing people from all over the world to come here and get FREE, that's right FREE healthcare. All WE have to do, as great hard-working Americans is pay MORE taxes. Thats right folks dig into your wallets once more to help these NON American Visitors get FREE healthcare.

And not to mention the great chances and fear of my family, your family, and American people of getting AIDS. If we can go back in time, Don't any of you remember that AIDS became a pandemic in this country back when one individual man spread it to all these people? It looks like it will happen again, and America will have the highest HIV rate in the nation in a few years. Just great.

I'd like a nice debate to go on. Feel free to write anything and express yourself.
This guy is out of control!!! I agree with you. I absolutely hate him!! He is the worst, destroying our country! We need to get rid of him in the voting! Lets just give it all away for free and we pay for it! I am so pissed off.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:31 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Karfar you do realize that not only sex can give you aids? If you have an open wound like a cut or something and an HIV positive person spits on you/licks you/god forbid pees on you, you can catch it. I do not think we s hould stop them from visiting, I do however think we should not allow them to immigrate here. We have enough problems with our healthcare costs, no need to raise them higher.

I will leave the original up, just adding clarification. I believe that they should be allowed to immigrate if they can prove they can provide their own healthcare costs or someone sponsors them that can provide healthcare costs for them.
There are also HIV-infected people who may not be honest about the status of their disease with their partners, or who may be forceful with their victims.

Before anyone goes and tells me "Those things don't happen" I had a friend who contracted HIV from her rapist so yes, they do happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies