Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
You avoided my question multiple times and I never put those words in your mouth. I asked the question for clarification. It was really a simple question to answer. Plus, you failed to address my other questions.

I am tired of this conversation and your diversions.
You seem to be somewhat literate and articulate, but for the life of me I cannot understand your strange nitpicking. Clarification of what? Your insistance on my climbing to a moutain top to sing the praises of a company that is being called out on their use of pesticides that might be reducing said use is a bit overboard! If you want to start an "I Love MacDonald's" thread, go ahead and do so. This has been a debate that was a complete and unnecessaryr waste of time. I hope some person or parent reads the OP and will think twice and research this issue before allowing their kids to eat a toxic french fry. That's it!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-30-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I actually read that about potatoes last week. Also that potato farmers won't eat what they sell to the public. They often have their own garden, pesticide free, for their families.
That is usually the case with farmers. Although they might grow crops for commercial use, they grow separate organically grown produce for themselves. Actually seeing the spraying would make it less appetizing to eat. Potatoes, peanuts and grapes are the ones to avoid as these are among some of the most highly sprayed crops. I read somewhere that when a fruit or vegetable is grown organically, the nutrient content is higher than a sprayed one.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
This thread has me STARVING!!! I'm heading over to McDonalds first thing in the morning for a Deluxe Breakfast, then for lunch I'm going to slam a Big Mac and supersize my fries. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This thread has me STARVING!!! I'm heading over to McDonalds first thing in the morning for a Deluxe Breakfast, then for lunch I'm going to slam a Big Mac and supersize my fries. mmmmmmmmmmmm
Allow me to suggest an equally yummy lunch. Go to your nearest KFC and have a bucket of greasy, hormone laden chicken wings. They're guaranteed to give you larger breasts and they do not discriminate between the sexes.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You seem to be somewhat literate and articulate, but for the life of me I cannot understand your strange nitpicking. Clarification of what? Your insistance on my climbing to a moutain top to sing the praises of a company that is being called out on their use of pesticides that might be reducing said use is a bit overboard! If you want to start an "I Love MacDonald's" thread, go ahead and do so. This has been a debate that was a complete and unnecessaryr waste of time. I hope some person or parent reads the OP and will think twice and research this issue before allowing their kids to eat a toxic french fry. That's it!
Not trying to be a jerk, though I admit I might be a bit anal, but that's like the 10th time in this thread that you've incorrectly misspelled their name. It's McDonalds, not MacDonalds.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:18 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Allow me to suggest an equally yummy lunch. Go to your nearest KFC and have a bucket of greasy, hormone laden chicken wings. They're guaranteed to give you larger breasts and they do not discriminate between the sexes.
B-u-u-u-u-u-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-p! Hmm, where did I put my manssiere this morning?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendmorecops View Post
Everyone should think twice before eating anything from McDonald's. All of their food is terrible for you.
Not true, entirely. Their salads are good. Just make sure you get the low-fat dressing.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Mc Maimald's. First they supersize people, now they expose people to cancer.
Yes. It's McDonald's fault. Not all the people who go stuff their faces uncontrollably.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Not trying to be a jerk, though I admit I might be a bit anal, but that's like the 10th time in this thread that you've incorrectly misspelled their name. It's McDonalds, not MacDonalds.
To my credit...goes to show how often I frequent their establishments.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 AM

654 posts, read 466,264 times
Quote:
Did you eat too many potatoes when you were a kid? I said that McDonald's is unhealthy and didn't support them, but I support this move. What don't you understand?

Stop acting like a paranoid health freak who acts like Richard Simmons around a Klondike Bar.

Last edited by I Like Taxes; 10-31-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies