Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I rescinded my living will in protest of the attempt of the government to tell me what to do when I am dying.
Maybe I will, too. How dare big government tell me that I should be the one decide in advance if or when I want the plug pulled on me. I would rather that the doc who may never have laid eyes on me make that decision. Hopefully he/she will get input from my insurance company first.

Spoiler
It's my life, but what do I know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
The repubs prefer Insurance Company death panels,...true death panels......

A Real Death Panel

Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Maybe I will, too. How dare big government tell me that I should be the one decide in advance if or when I want the plug pulled on me. I would rather that the doc who may never have laid eyes on me make that decision. Hopefully he/she will get input from my insurance company first.

Spoiler
It's my life, but what do I know?
You are pretty naive skippy.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I rescinded my living will in protest of the attempt of the government to tell me what to do when I am dying.
That was d***! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! You might be in an accident tomorrow, and be unconscious. Your family may fight over what to do, while you languish.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Kat, I don't want some government piece of you know what deciding that I shouldn't receive emergency medical care because I have a living will stating that I want no heroic measures. To H with that. I have no trust in an adminstration that is ruled by George Soros.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
That's because the House bill was written by Democrats, not Republicans dressed like Democrats.
Are you saying that Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, and Mr. Baucus are Republicans dressed like Dems? I sure hope not.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
All the measure ever allowed was for doctors to be paid for the consults they are having already anyway...
How did allowing doctors to give out that admission and paying them out of Medicare save money? I never did understand that. However, I made an appointment with a lawyer to take care of my problems so i could refuse to make money for some doctor to give me that info. Isn't that very American of me, trying to save money?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Kat, I don't want some government piece of you know what deciding that I shouldn't receive emergency medical care because I have a living will stating that I want no heroic measures. To H with that. I have no trust in an adminstration that is ruled by George Soros.
Now mom, I have to agree with your last sentence there. I don't know who is pulling all the strings but do think that Soros is back in there somewhere.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Remember back when people began complaining about government running private health care agencies out of businesses by undercutting prices, and forcing companies who couldn't subsidize themselves with "free" tax money, to go bankrupt? And how this could eventually lead to the Govt being the only place you could get your health care... making the govt the only one in charge of deciding whether Granny should get expensive treatments that didn't have a 100% chance of prolonging her life?

Then came the news that this govt insurance would pay doctors for counselling session where they would give patients alternatives for end-of-life decisions.

Democrats screamed that these were not "death panels"... but in the Senate bill, they quietly took them out a week later.

Now, in the new 1,990-page House bill unveiled yesterday, they're back!

--------------------------------------------

So-Called 'Death Panel' Measure Survives in House Health Bill - FOXNews.com

So-Called 'Death Panel' Measure Survives in House Health Bill

October 29, 2009

WASHINGTON -- It's alive.

The Medicare end-of-life planning provision that 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin said was tantamount to "death panels" for seniors is staying in the latest Democratic health care bill unveiled Thursday.

The legislation would allow Medicare to pay for a counseling session with a doctor or clinical professional once every five years. The bill calls for such sessions to be "completely" voluntary, and prohibits the encouragement or promotion of suicide or assisted suicide.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Fox """News"""

Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now mom, I have to agree with your last sentence there. I don't know who is pulling all the strings but do think that Soros is back in there somewhere.
C'mon...everyone knows that Soros is busy trying to get the IMF to "dump the dollar"...whatever that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies