Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:46 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
I do not call people racist if they did not vote for Obama. I call them racist if they say they did not vote for him because he was black. And there were people who did that.
you personally may not have called people racist if they didn't vote for Obama, but, there were many individuals who did. Many white people got tired of being told, that the reason they wouldnt vote for Obama was because they were racist. Some were told, maybe it was because the racism in them was on a sub-conscience level.

On the same hand, many black people got tired of being told they were an Uncle Tom or hated their own race when they didnt support or vote for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,679 times
I am black not African American because I've never been to Africa but my thoughts on this topic are; If he doesn't do a good job as President get his butt out of the White House regardless of his skin color . Race is not a factor! If a purple Marshan can whip this country into shape then thats who I'm voting for! Yes some will try to play that card, but we know our Country has come a long way for the simple fact that he is in office this term. What if Hillary had won we'ed be having the same conversation about a woman President.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
It doesn't matter what any individuals say or do, individuals can be idiots so you can't make blanket statements about things.

I've never said people who didn't vote for Obama were racist, but I'm 100% positive that some of them are. I don't know everyone so I couldn't tell you who is or isn't. It's not even an issue since there are many wierd reasons someone might not vote for a candidate. And whether or not he stays in office for another term will not reflect on the "racism" of the American voters but on the job he has done.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM

292 posts, read 543,929 times
No! Why is everything held against Obama "racist"?

Give me a break. People seriously need to get over this racism stuff.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
I actually believe that most blacks were racists against Bush. I actually thin most blacks are racist period.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I actually believe that most blacks were racists against Bush. I actually thin most blacks are racist period.
What if they voted for Obama because he was black. What if that was the primary motivation would that be racist....I wonder

Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Absolutley not. If he doesn't get reelected then he will have had his chance and screwed up.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:35 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
i dont think its racism. i think maybe 10 percent of the white population didnt want obama because he was black, those were heavily republican voters anyways.

i would also say i find it nearly impossible for him to not be re-elected based on looking at the electoral map.

the white vote went 55-45 republican and they still lost by 6 percent, and with the increasing numbers of minorities, they will easily counter the number of whites who change there mind about obama and go republican.

and the most important one. i dont see anyone on the right the republican party will get fully behind, and you have to worry about the far right tea partiers as well who won't support a romney or a huckabee, they'll all go to paul.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:39 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
you personally may not have called people racist if they didn't vote for Obama, but, there were many individuals who did. Many white people got tired of being told, that the reason they wouldnt vote for Obama was because they were racist. Some were told, maybe it was because the racism in them was on a sub-conscience level.

On the same hand, many black people got tired of being told they were an Uncle Tom or hated their own race when they didnt support or vote for Obama.
[MOD CUT/personal attack]

1. who you voted for isnt a normal topic that comes up during the day. its more then likely people in your family that have called you a racist then a regular on the street, because few people discuss when there out and about things like that.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2009 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,772 times
If this country votes for Obama for a second term they deserve what they are going to get. I don't care what damn color he is, I don't like the direction he is taking this country. This artificial recovery will last for another 18-24 months and then come crashing down like a house of cards. You can't spend, spend, spend, print money, print money, print money, without there being consequences. If his goal is to utterly destroy the American way of life then he is doing a great job at it. I don't see race, I see competency.......Newt Gingrich is a little over the top for me but he had an awesome quote if I may: "As an American I am not shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies