Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:37 AM

959 posts, read 2,361,131 times

Advertisements

The bad thing about us conservatives: We're Too Quiet!!

While liberals sport PETA, GLATD, Anti-Logging, Save the Whales, Save the Seals, Impeach Bush, Don't Drill in ANWR, Baby-Killer Bush, Guns Kill People, and other like-wise bumper stickers, doormats, and t-shirts, we're AFRAID to get so glammy.

Why? Well, for one thing, some of us consider spraying our political views all over our vehicles/yards as low-class. The rest of us..we might be afraid of some teenager or college tripper breaking out our windows or egging our house. Know why? Cause INTOLERANCE ABOUNDS...Just got my truck **** ON by some punk who spray painted...BUSH IS THE ANTI-CHRUST (and that's how he spelled it )...across my hood. Now, I don't even have ONE bumper sticker on my vehicle, except for a NRA LIFETIME MEMBER symbol in back.

Bottom line: conservatives HAVE to start making some more noise, voting in polls, getting out there, even like Anne Coulter, even sporting a bumper sticker or two, because...maybe then, the ultra-libs might realize...heh, they're STILL the minority, thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 AM

753 posts, read 759,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post

While liberals sport PETA, GLATD, Anti-Logging, Save the Whales, Save the Seals, Impeach Bush, Don't Drill in ANWR, Baby-Killer Bush, Guns Kill People, and other like-wise bumper stickers, doormats, and t-shirts, we're AFRAID to get so glammy.

Why? Well, for one thing, some of us consider spraying our political views all over our vehicles/yards as low-class. The rest of us..we might be afraid of some teenager or college tripper breaking out our windows or egging our house. Know why? Cause INTOLERANCE ABOUNDS...Just got my truck **** ON by some punk who spray painted...BUSH IS THE ANTI-CHRUST (and that's how he spelled it )...across my hood. Now, I don't even have ONE bumper sticker on my vehicle, except for a NRA LIFETIME MEMBER symbol in back.

Bottom line: conservatives HAVE to start making some more noise, voting in polls, getting out there, even like Anne Coulter, even sporting a bumper sticker or two, because...maybe then, the ultra-libs might realize...heh, they're STILL the minority, thank God.
So conservatives should do exactly what? Plaster the rear window of their car with bumper stickers? Spraypaint some lesbian's Subaru Outback? To what end? So the "ultra-libs" know they exist?

Perhaps it's the nature of conservatism to be thrifty with political commentary. Personally I think my vote talks a hell of a lot louder than some hairfarmer's t-shirt.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
If you're talking about communicating with bumpersticker slogans, there are plenty of W stickers around these parts. And God Is My Co-Pilot, and Got Jesus? and the Ten Commandments license plates.
And all kinds of Gun Control Means Using Both Hands, Gun Control Means Hitting Your Target Repeatedly, and Support The Troops blah blah blah.
I won't go into the Confederate stuff. Some of them seem fairly innocent, others are disgusting.
Ain't no thriftiness of speech in this neck of the north Florida woods, FFH. Everyone here makes it clear what the political climate is.
The other day I saw a Kerry sticker and gasped in surprise.

I would hope that any dialogue would help form a consensus rather than inflame further the culture wars we already have.
But the bumpersticker wars are probably not going to enlighten anyone.
I don't think we need militant ultra-libs any more than we need that wretched Ann Coulter.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post

I think conservatives as a group are doing just fine destroying our country with "support our troops"(staying in Iraq or course) and the ever-popular "Bush/Cheney 04" whose effects are still with us.

I can only imagine the shape we'd be in if conservatives were MORE active.

"Shhhhhhhhhhh! Be vewwy vewwy quiet, we'awe hunting libewty and fweedom, hahahahaahahaha"

We're still getting pumped with everything from Aspartame to Zoloft thanks to conservatives. It makes me wonder if there is a such thing as the modern day Illuminati.

No thanks, lol, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Conservatives have done enough, as a group that is.

~TT

Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Ain't no thriftiness of speech in this neck of the north Florida woods, FFH. Everyone here makes it clear what the political climate is.
The other day I saw a Kerry sticker and gasped in surprise.
Sounds to me like N. Florida is a hive of radicals, albeit right-wing ones. Still not what I'd call conservative.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:26 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Sounds to me like N. Florida is a hive of radicals, albeit right-wing ones. Still not what I'd call conservative.
My parents were conservative.
Just as you say, they never wore their politics on their sleeves; they let their votes do the talking.
I don't know if these folks here would be termed neo-cons or what--all I know is that their message is clear. I would not consider them activists, though, and I think most of them, aside from their bumperstickers, communicate by vote.
I think most of them would rather go fishing than get in an a heated political argument, let alone go to a rally or demonstration.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Most conservatives understand that demonstrations and rallies do nothing except provide useless sounds bites for a slow news day. . .

Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Wow, I was really surprised to see this thread. I am inundated with the conservative view and voice.

But I can't recall the last time I heard about saving whales (why is saving an animal a liberal trait? )

We heard from gun rights folks hours after the Va Tech shootings and it's wasn't to express sympathy, but to advocate gun rights (on campuses and such).

Old 05-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Wow, I was really surprised to see this thread. I am inundated with the conservative view and voice.

But I can't recall the last time I heard about saving whales (why is saving an animal a liberal trait? )

We heard from gun rights folks hours after the Va Tech shootings and it's wasn't to express sympathy, but to advocate gun rights (on campuses and such).
Ah but there's the trouble. The notion of what's conservative has become perverted. The noise isn't coming from us conservatives. What you're hearing is the media-strength NeoRadical rattle.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:38 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Default Saving Whales and Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Exactly!

When did having respect, compassion and learning to cohabitate with animals become a liberal trait?

I'll take it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies