Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 08:43 AM

272 posts, read 215,833 times

Advertisements

I agree with Senator Bayh that health care needs reformed not replaced. The 1990 page bill I just perused is exactly what I thought it might be and not a viable solution to the problem.

As a person who is just a few years removed from working poor it is my experience that programs for the uninsured, working poor and indigient are adequate, the safety net is already in place. Now that I am doing better financially I resent any legislation that would take away my freedom to choose.

As a staunch Republican I respect Senator Bayhs common sense stance on these issues. He has shown courage in the face of great political pressure and I will certainly split my ticket and support the Senator as my contribution to the process. Thank You

Cagey Cretin
Kokomo

Last edited by cagey cretin; 10-31-2009 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Bayh is bought and sold by the insurance industry. We know what he is, the only question is what is his price.

The only thing you support is the insurance cartel making obscene profits and not seeing any competition.

The tragedy here is that you and millions of others are too dim to see you are being played like a fiddle.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 AM

My BCBS basic premiums are reasonable. The care decisions for my family are made by myself and my doctor.

When I was working poor I acceepted the care offered by Medicaire the VA and charity because I had no choice.

Senator Bayh has taken a very reasonalbe common sense approach to the issue.

He will get my vote and Im glad I let him know.

Liberal power grabs are screaming "the sky is falling"

Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
I agree with Senator Bayh that health care needs reformed not replaced. The 1990 page bill I just perused is exactly what I thought it might be and not a viable solution to the problem.

As a person who is just a few years removed from working poor it is my experience that programs for the uninsured, working poor and indigient are adequate, the safety net is already in place. Now that I am doing better financially I resent any legislation that would take away my freedom to choose.

As a staunch Republican I respect Senator Bayhs common sense stance on these issues. He has shown courage in the face of great political pressure and I will certainly split my ticket and support the Senator as my contribution to the process. Thank You

Cagey Cretin
Kokomo
If you vote for Evan Bayh, you are not a stench Republican

Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
My BCBS basic premiums are reasonable. The care decisions for my family are made by myself and my doctor.

When I was working poor I acceepted the care offered by Medicaire the VA and charity because I had no choice.

Senator Bayh has taken a very reasonalbe common sense approach to the issue.

He will get my vote and Im glad I let him know.

Liberal power grabs are screaming "the sky is falling"
So you believe charity is the answer, when in fact, there CAN be another reasonably priced choice?

I've always wanted to ask this: What is wrong with you people?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bayh is bought and sold by the insurance industry. We know what he is, the only question is what is his price.

The only thing you support is the insurance cartel making obscene profits and not seeing any competition.

The tragedy here is that you and millions of others are too dim to see you are being played like a fiddle.
Not only that but his wife is on the board and works for the insurance industry and, if insurance were ever be sold across state lines, Indiana is probably where many of them would end up because it is a state with almost no regulation of the insurance industry (sort of why all the credit cards you have come from Delaware and South Dakota).

Old 10-31-2009, 09:28 AM

I most certainly am. I also voted for Clinton in his 2nd term because I thought he and the Republican congress were doing a good job. Ive split my ticket for Democrats several times over the years.

I dont think you have to be a ticket puller to be considered "staunch". I guess its a matter of interpretation.

Anyway Im glad to be living in a state whos population Elect men like Mike Pence, Evan Bayh, Govenor Daniels and

Obama

Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:

Cagey Cretin
Kokomo
I am also thinking about voting for Senator Bayh but I will wait for the final outcome of the bill if its posible.after obama I will not trust anything a politician says.I will look only at what he actually does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies