Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Please show me where it says that Public Option Insurance Policy is free. Why do people insist upon calling it government run healthcare, when it is insurance. BTW...Veterans hospitals are government run healthcare. Medicare allows you to choose your doctors as will a Public Option. Both work very well.

Right............................................. ... And the VA is free and efficient healthcare? Right? Last time I checked, we have a four month wait for service at our clinic at the VA, while it is one week in my private clinic.

Of course medicare allows you to choose your doctor. The problem is that your doctor will no longer choose you. They are planning to cut reimbursement through medicare to pay for this mess. Our large, multi-speciality clinic loses money already on every medicare patient and will opt out of medicare if the cuts occur. We are about the only large clinic in the area that still accepts medicare. Great health plan- you have a "plan" but have no docs and therefore no healthcare. The public will be thrilled. Keep in mind that the constitution prevents servitude, so one cannot be compelled to work against one's will, therefore the whole system (as planned) will be a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 02:10 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you speak to what Obama has suggested for government paying for those college costs? Like what does he suggest would be the "easy" method of letting them pay back the debt. Yes it is a loan and he wants those who get the loans to work for the government for 10 years or so to repay the loans. Now he wants that powerful civilian force that he talked about in the campaign and right there he has them all educated and recruited and going to work for the government. Why does nobody talk about that part of his campaign push?
I think it went from being a program--part of his platform--to being a proposal, something to think about. I remember it as being a year or a year and a half--kind of like Americorps. Young people, sometime between the ages of 18 and 25, would do some kind of service work and would earn money for college. I think you haven't heard about it because it's not on the table right now. I for one would have been happy to do something like that. People on all sides do this all the time in terms of talking vaguely about programs while campaigning. It's not necessarily that they are insincere while campaigning, it's just that reality sets in.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:58 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Not ONE post so far regarding this administration's most obvious and DESPERATE attempt at ramming THEIR IDEA of a HC "reform" bill right through the House and Senate and signed into LAW.......by BO, no matter what!

You know this is Obama's BABY and something he wanted and campaigned hard for.....(hoping to just get this 1,000+ page bill, full of pork and earmarks signed into law by NOW).....without all the debate that it has generated, thanks in large part......to the likes of FOX News and Rush Limbaugh!
Nope.....because NOW.....the masses are more informed and more aware of potential outcomes!

Yeah, our health care NEEDS reform, but so do a lot of other things that should take precedence and be treated as a much bigger PRIORITY.....like Illegal Immigration "reform" /"War on Drugs......"reform"/.......BORDER security reform/, infinite "War" in Afghan/Iraq diaperhead land.....reform/ Banking and Lending reform/ JOB creation....I mean, reform.
AND....mostly, US GOVERNMENT REFORM!

Yep, they NEED to reform themselves.......first and foremost, before they can conceive the notion of reforming anything else or continue trying in vain to make the masses believe.....that THEY KNOW that THIS HC "reform" IS NEEDED NOW because thats what's best for ALL of US.....when they don't know jack other than to manipulate the people into believing THEY MUST bailout or take over by govt. intervention another private sector industry.......or else the sky will fall on us at any time!
The Government DESPERATELY wishes to get much, much BIGGER and will succeed by getting their form of HC "reform" signed into law, faster than by any other means they can conceive at this time!
It's such obvious BULLCRAP the Dems. and BO are pulling on America and more people now than ever before......see it!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Not ONE post so far regarding this administration's most obvious and DESPERATE attempt at ramming THEIR IDEA of a HC "reform" bill right through the House and Senate and signed into LAW.......by BO, no matter what!

You know this is Obama's BABY and something he wanted and campaigned hard for.....(hoping to just get this 1,000+ page bill, full of pork and earmarks signed into law by NOW).....without all the debate that it has generated, thanks in large part......to the likes of FOX News and Rush Limbaugh!
Nope.....because NOW.....the masses are more informed and more aware of potential outcomes!

Yeah, our health care NEEDS reform, but so do a lot of other things that should take precedence and be treated as a much bigger PRIORITY.....like Illegal Immigration "reform" /"War on Drugs......"reform"/.......BORDER security reform/, infinite "War" in Afghan/Iraq diaperhead land.....reform/ Banking and Lending reform/ JOB creation....I mean, reform.
AND....mostly, US GOVERNMENT REFORM!

Yep, they NEED to reform themselves.......first and foremost, before they can conceive the notion of reforming anything else or continue trying in vain to make the masses believe.....that THEY KNOW that THIS HC "reform" IS NEEDED NOW because thats what's best for ALL of US.....when they don't know jack other than to manipulate the people into believing THEY MUST bailout or take over by govt. intervention another private sector industry.......or else the sky will fall on us at any time!
The Government DESPERATELY wishes to get much, much BIGGER and will succeed by getting their form of HC "reform" signed into law, faster than by any other means they can conceive at this time!
It's such obvious BULLCRAP the Dems. and BO are pulling on America and more people now than ever before......see it!
Given the generally respectful tone on this thread even among people who disagree, shouting might not be the best strategy. I'd rethink "infinite "War" in Afghan/Iraq diaperhead land" too. Oh, and who was it that started those wars again?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Given the generally respectful tone on this thread even among people who disagree, shouting might not be the best strategy. I'd rethink "infinite "War" in Afghan/Iraq diaperhead land" too. Oh, and who was it that started those wars again?
Who cares anymore....who STARTED them?!
WHO'S WARS are they NOW?
Who's gonna FINISH them?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Please show me where it says that Public Option Insurance Policy is free. Why do people insist upon calling it government run healthcare, when it is insurance. BTW...Veterans hospitals are government run healthcare. Medicare allows you to choose your doctors as will a Public Option. Both work very well.
did you know that the VA hospital WON'T ACCEPT MEDICARE OR TRICARE (the military's health care)

and I've been to plenty of doctors who dont take medicare/medicaide because the government either doesnt reemburse enought to cover costs, or doesnt even pay on time

so as you can see it doesnt work very well

Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right............................................. ... And the VA is free and efficient healthcare? Right? Last time I checked, we have a four month wait for service at our clinic at the VA, while it is one week in my private clinic.

Of course medicare allows you to choose your doctor. The problem is that your doctor will no longer choose you. They are planning to cut reimbursement through medicare to pay for this mess. Our large, multi-speciality clinic loses money already on every medicare patient and will opt out of medicare if the cuts occur. We are about the only large clinic in the area that still accepts medicare. Great health plan- you have a "plan" but have no docs and therefore no healthcare. The public will be thrilled. Keep in mind that the constitution prevents servitude, so one cannot be compelled to work against one's will, therefore the whole system (as planned) will be a disaster.
I'm an insurance broker that has always been exclusively involved in health insurance in the past and the way i see it, it's inevitable that a government option will eventually put all the private insurers out of business too. On the individual policies where they're going to have to acccept any one who applies regardless of health and cover all pre-ex's with no waiting period, without some way of distributing that risk evenly (like a risk pool would do), there's no way of knowing which company is going to get more of it than the others and how much more of it. The rates will already be going through the roof as it is but, they're going to have to raise their rates....they'll loose business and go under....then the cycle will start all over again and another will go under, until all you have left is the government option (which will no doubt already be in the red by then but, they won't go under when they loosing money....they're in the money printing business too!). Sometime down the road, when ever they get around to it, congress will just have to figure out where they can get more money from to finance the deficit it's running in....they do that so well now....don't worry it will not be a tax....they'll call it something else but, we're going to be running out of "something else's" soon at this rate. What are we going to do then?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I'm an insurance broker that has always been exclusively involved in health insurance in the past and the way i see it, it's inevitable that a government option will eventually put all the private insurers out of business too. On the individual policies where they're going to have to acccept any one who applies regardless of health and cover all pre-ex's with no waiting period, without some way of distributing that risk evenly (like a risk pool would do), there's no way of knowing which company is going to get more of it than the others and how much more of it. The rates will already be going through the roof as it is but, they're going to have to raise their rates....they'll loose business and go under....then the cycle will start all over again and another will go under, until all you have left is the government option (which will no doubt already be in the red by then but, they won't go under when they loosing money....they're in the money printing business too!). Sometime down the road, when ever they get around to it, congress will just have to figure out where they can get more money from to finance the deficit it's running in....they do that so well now....don't worry it will not be a tax....they'll call it something else but, we're going to be running out of "something else's" soon at this rate. What are we going to do then?
Well, since your an insurance broker and everything that you state makes sense to me, may I suggest that you pass on this information to Congress before it's too late?
Nah, don't bother.
I'm sure they would agree with you too......but they won't admit it.
It's their PLAN and it's a win win for them too......if they get their way.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
did you know that the VA hospital WON'T ACCEPT MEDICARE OR TRICARE (the military's health care)

and I've been to plenty of doctors who dont take medicare/medicaide because the government either doesnt reemburse enought to cover costs, or doesnt even pay on time

so as you can see it doesnt work very well
I wouldn't say "it" doesn't work very well. As for the VA not taking Tricare, well, that's not their role.

In the private sector, every doctor/group decides which insurance companies to enter into contract with, they don't take them all. That's something I wish these fervent pro-insurance people would understand.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:57 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Why do I keep hearing about all these doctors in favor of govt run health care but I haven't actually met a single one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies