Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,151,134 times

Advertisements

Following what this video proposes is the surest way to certain death. Those "in charge" WANT you to gather up your arms because you will be the first targets. And you will have given up your life for something that never existed in the first place. All that love of glory and flag-wrapped patriotism will do you absolutely nothing when you're dead.

Every historical form of resistance will fail. Every one of them. So standing around in army khakis and learning how to shoot an AK-47 will only result in more bloodshed, more orphans, more fear. It will only ADD to the problem that exists. Playing sweeping emotional music in the background (a subtle rape for the weak of mind) does not help either. The battle ahead may be for your very soul. Why hand it to them on a platter?

Own up to your part in the creation of the current reality and work towards creating an alternative. This is the time for a qualitative and quantitative leap in consciousness. You can either use the wholly unsuccessful and counterproductive methods of the past to effectively hit the restart button, or you can resolve to no longer play this stupid circular game. Are you a victim or a victimizer? Either way, you are responsible for the reality you encounter. You can't have one without the other.

Find the way out. The other inhabitants of the galaxies are laughing at us. They can't wait for us to grow up and rejoin them. Yes, the issue facing us is THAT important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,957,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You are the one saying they are idiots because they don't ascribe to your ideology. You are the one claiming they are worshiping Obama. Demonize much? What good is there in finding fault with only the current President and in dividing the country up? Who would be idiotic in this scenario?
"You are saying they are idiots because they don't ascribe to your ideology."

This could be said about all the right-wingers who don't ascribe to YOUR ideology too.

"Worshipping Obama?
Well, PLENTY of his supporters sure ACT like they worship him and expect everyone else to.....or they cast you out, persecute, belittle and call you a racist for disagreeing with them. I could vomit on all of them.

And how in the world do YOU believe that one person here is "dividing up the country" because they DISAGREE with this POTUS and his agenda and in "finding fault" with him or his agenda......is in your mind......an idiotic and divisive scenario?

Old 11-01-2009, 10:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,110,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I agree, the village boy wants his own civilian militia and wants them to be armed but wants the real American people who want him to stop ripping apart the constitution to not have the right to carry arms.

There is NO difference in this man then the thug punks outside of the polling place in Pa with nightsticks.

Meson, why do you even waste your time trying to stir up trouble when you not only live in Canada but also posted you were glad you left America?

We are all also glad you left America, one left liberal we have to deal with, the only problem is you left a few of the libs behind and we need you to come and take them away. I will even pay for the transportation of any left wing kook club members to go to Canada.

I have found Canadians to be very jealous of America. Where I live we have many Canadians come through and this topic has come up often and they agree it is pure jealousy. If not for the protection of Canada by America,they would have belonged to another country years ago.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
It would be far nicer paying for a shipful of Liberals to climb on board another Titanic!
Yep.....sail AWAY and sink!
Besides.....THEY would truly BELIEVE this ship to be unsinkable for sure....this time......and just to prove it to the rest of us........they would RAM their ship intentionally.....into an iceberg, expecting a better outcome this time!
It's the predictable thing any Lib would do to PROVE they were "right."
Well, it's always the liberals' fault. Forget that it was liberal thinking that got us our rights in the first place. And it was those on the right who have a real difficult time admitting their war was a huge mistake. No, there can only be one bad guy in this scenario. It's never a collective effort. Accepting responsibility is not a part of any bipolar political system. As long as there is another side, it can be the scapegoat. Yeah, let's kill all those liberals because that's the American thing to do. Wonderful constructive point of view, Sign.

How does that joke go...? "Here's your sign!"

Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
"You are saying they are idiots because they don't ascribe to your ideology."

This could be said about all the right-wingers who don't ascribe to YOUR ideology too.

"Worshipping Obama?
Well, PLENTY of his supporters sure ACT like they worship him and expect everyone else to.....or they cast you out, persecute, belittle and call you a racist for disagreeing with them. I could vomit on all of them.

And how in the world do YOU believe that one person here is "dividing up the country" because they DISAGREE with this POTUS and his agenda and in "finding fault" with him or his agenda......is in your mind......an idiotic and divisive scenario?
Every time I post I try to get people to understand that such divisiveness is really anti-American. I don't think all right-wingers are idiots, I just find holes in their arguments and I point them out. Such simplistic thinking is an easy target, but unfortunately, most responses go over their heads. Yes, both sides in this useless battle are to blame. No solution can be found by harping on one side and demonizing them. 90% of the posts on POC never consider how damaging it is to argue over who's at fault. I really try to get people to propose solutions that aren't extremist in nature. We cannot move forward without concessions and agreements. Sadly, I find the right side of the spectrum to be the more unwilling to participate. Writing that around half of the population should die in a shipwreck is really extremist, don't you think?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:22 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,957,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Every time I post I try to get people to understand that such divisiveness is really anti-American. I don't think all right-wingers are idiots, I just find holes in their arguments and I point them out. Such simplistic thinking is an easy target, but unfortunately, most responses go over their heads. Yes, both sides in this useless battle are to blame. No solution can be found by harping on one side and demonizing them. 90% of the posts on POC never consider how damaging it is to argue over who's at fault. I really try to get people to propose solutions that aren't extremist in nature. We cannot move forward without concessions and agreements. Sadly, I find the right side of the spectrum to be the more unwilling to participate. Writing that around half of the population should die in a shipwreck is really extremist, don't you think?
"Such divisiveness is really anti-American" you claim.

Well, I believe this country has only gotten far more divided.....in the last 9 months than any time since the Vietnam war and Civil Rights era.

"Yes, both sides in this useless battle are to blame."

I AGREE. Partisanship is BS! BOTH parties have joined the "entity" that is our govt. and where IT.....decides WE go.........we all must go.
Both parties have seriously turned their backs on their TRUE constituents.....WE, the PEOPLE!

"Sadly, I find the RIGHT side of the spectrum to be more unwilling to participate."

Actually, many of us believe it is the LEFT side of the spectrum that is unwilling to COMPROMISE and it is THEY.....who so desperately try and RAM their ideology, agenda and policies down everyone elses throats......no matter how unpopular, detrimental or expensive their proposals are for America!

"Writing that around half the population should die in a shipwreck is a little extremist?"

Not really, because if you read my previous post and UNDERSTOOD it....you would realize that it just might have been a joke.
Besides, my joke clearly stated....it would be THEMSELVES ramming their "unsinkable" ship intentionally into that iceberg that would seal their fate.....forever.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 AM

38,664 posts, read 26,476,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Nice eh? These people are traitors and enemies of the constitution, I suspect they'll be getting a visit from men in black suits and dark sunglasses any day now.
"Enemies of the Constitution"

Can't begin to imagine to whose Constitution you might be referring.

I think the men in black have a little better since than to screw around with well armed citizens after having it handed to them at Waco.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 AM

38,664 posts, read 26,476,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If these people blew up a Federal Building, they might one day qualify to be president. (ask Obamas' buddy).. Until that time they have broken no laws and have done nothing wrong. Liberals always proclaim the 2nd amendment pertains to militias so this group is creating one said militias.

Sorry but you cant condem someone for what you are afraid they might do.

And you guys call conservatives paranoid..

Armed patriots BAD!

Islamic terrorists GOOD!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,553,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We need to round these people up and put them in jail. They are a threat to all citizens- as bad as Al Quada- even worse because they are here and not overseas.
Would a gulag be to your liking? Maybe concentration camps. Both of those atrocities were founded in insecure paranoia.

Quote:
"Gulag" is the Russian acronym for the Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps, a vast system of penal institutions and labor camps with its own factories, construction companies, and even research laboratories that existed throughout most of the Soviet period. Originally intended to isolate politically unhealthy elements from society and perhaps to "re-educate" them, the system grew to amazing proportions in the 1930s, as Stalin's paranoia resulted in the Great Purges, when anybody could be labeled an "enemy of the people" and sentenced to 10 or more years of hard labor for the slightest slip of the tongue. Indeed, many of the 10 million or more people who went through the Gulag system were completely innocent--the state had simply determined that it was cheaper and more manageable to have them do their jobs as prisoners than as free persons; indeed, no free worker would have agreed to do some of the dangerous work that the prisoners were forced to do. A number of research labs were simply arrested wholesale and sucked into the Gulag. Millions of people perished from the harsh conditions in the camps, since the state was not concerned about work safety or nutrition--new people could always be arrested to replace those who had died on the job. The definitive study of the Soviet system of forced-labor camps remains Alexander Solzhenitsyn's three-volume "The Gulag Archipelago

Propaganda Deep Background: Reference Detail- PBS.org

The sad part is you also think you folks are justified in your thinking. Don't worry though you have a massive amount of people that agree with you in this thread... You want to see a real slippery slope?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 AM

395 posts, read 512,167 times
Trying to stop somebody's freedom of speech isn't very constitutional either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies