Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,502,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Our 23 year old granddaughter and her husband just brought their first home. Yes, she will take advantage of the $8000 but she thinks it is stupid and would have purchased regardless. Both she and her husband are sick of government give a ways>

NIta
Tell your granddaughter I'll happily take that "stupid" 8k off her hands.

Do you disagree with all tax cuts/credits, or just the home buyer credit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Crack addicts steal from our children? Why wouldn't they steal from adults? Children don't have a lot of money.
momonkey didnt say crack addicts are stealing from the children, he said government does, LIKE a crack addicts who would steal from anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Any spending you would like to cut Chairman PurpleLove08 so we don't have to continue stealing from our children like a bunch of soulless crack addicts?
Spending money we dont have does INDEED steal from our children because THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT...

Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Tell your granddaughter I'll happily take that "stupid" 8k off her hands.
Never stop putting your hand out for your welfare check..

The reason why its stupid is because the granddaughter would have bought a home with or without the $8K "grant", just like I bought another home last year. Do you think people dont need homes to live in?
Quote:
That might create jobs in Mexico and China, but if you want to create American jobs, tax cuts/credits should be directed at consumers, not producers.
Did you take your medication? Tax credits directed at consumers create jobs in MEXICO, because there is no control as to where its spent.

Tax credits directed at producers HERE indeed create jobs because companies ARE HERE in order to get the credits. Do you think companies in Mexico and China pay american taxes?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,626,560 times
Tax Credits and grants for businesses that create products in the US
Invest in Infrastructure
Nationalize Health Care to free employers of that responsibilty
Credits for green vehicles

Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
momonkey didnt say crack addicts are stealing from the children, he said government does, LIKE a crack addicts who would steal from anyone.
Not familiar with sarcasm, are you?

Quote:
Spending money we dont have does INDEED steal from our children because THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT...
Not familiar with federal deficits, are you?

That's okay. You're supremely familiar with hyperbole using "our children" as emotional appeal.

I'll take the opposite view - for effect: Screw the children. Spoiled, lazy bums!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Good, like to do my job, and if I can't let someone else. Oh, I forgot I am supposed to sit in my rocking chair because I am past 55..

NIta
Well someone here did say all the old people can go "garden"..

Old 11-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Not familiar with sarcasm, are you?
From this side of the screen, your posting didnt even hint of "sarcasm".. You can pretend after the fact thats what you meant but I'm not buying it..
Quote:
Think about the money we are spending, who do you think will someday pay, our kids and grandkids??
Looks like neither is nmnita..
Quote:
Not familiar with federal deficits, are you?
Indeed I am, is this supposed to be some type of response to what I said?
Quote:
That's okay. You're supremely familiar with hyperbole using "our children" as emotional appeal.

I'll take the opposite view - for effect: Screw the children. Spoiled, lazy bums!
About as familiar as I am with being told that I want people to "die quickly" when they get sick.. What does any of this have to do with the thread?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Crack addicts steal from our children? Why wouldn't they steal from adults? Children don't have a lot of money.
Think about the money we are spending, who do you think will someday pay, our kids and grandkids?? Or do you believe in going further and further into debt?

Nita

Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Never stop putting your hand out for your welfare check..
I'm getting welfare checks? They must have the wrong address. Damn post office!

Quote:
The reason why its stupid is because the granddaughter would have bought a home with or without the $8K "grant", just like I bought another home last year. Do you think people dont need homes to live in?
And her granddaughter speaks for all homebuyers? Think, indeed.

Quote:
Did you take your medication?
Not yet. It's only 10 am out west.
Quote:
Tax credits directed at consumers create jobs in MEXICO, because there is no control as to where its spent.
Yeah, I was talking to someone at Wal-Mart the other day. She said she prefers driving down to Mexico to buy diapers, but until she can get down there to buy a car, she'll continue shopping at wal-Mart because it's not 1000 miles away. How would she fill her tank, anyway? I don't think even the most economical car can make it from Reno to Mexico on a tank of gas.

Quote:
Tax credits directed at producers HERE indeed create jobs because companies ARE HERE in order to get the credits. Do you think companies in Mexico and China pay american taxes?
Tax credits directed at producers create jobs in MEXICO, because there is no control as to where its invested.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
From this side of the screen, your posting didnt even hint of "sarcasm".. You can pretend after the fact thats what you meant but I'm not buying it..
Oh, goodie. I love make believe. You first. What do you pretend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies