Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 10:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times

Advertisements

This is why it would be helpful if you could respect us enough to properly format. Now it will be difficult to respond to each point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAaron View Post
Hmm.... since when is a race a nation? What is our political boundary? To whom do I pay taxes? When was this "beginning of time" when races haven't been mixing? There is no part of recorded history when different races didn't mix.

Well up until the 1960's the races did not mix in Britain and they still dont mix in Japan to my beleif.
You keep interchanging nationality with race. Taiwanese and Japanese are from different countries, but the same race. You can't draw a political boundary around a race. Mixing has always occured, btw. You don't think there were sexual liasons between the soldiers and advocates of the British Empire spread out across the globe?!?

Quote:
Do I need to tell my Asian and Hispanic relatives that they are no longer allowed in my family because ... let me get this right ... by allowing them in I am being politically correct (rather than just rational)?

No that's your choice, marry all of India if you want to, just dont come to Scotland.
Precisely. That's my choice, as would be my decision to move to Scotland (which some of my family have done - watch out!). They live the same basic lives we live in the U.S. and if they want to breed with someone of a different race, there's no reason they couldn't. Scotland is not a race. It's a nation and you have no right to dictate what people do with their lives.

There's no "Scotish" box to check when you're asked for your race on a form. There's Caucasian.

Quote:
Since they speak the same language as me, are they or are they not of the same nation?

They are of the same country as you, not the same nation as a nation is an ethnic group, for example Japan is a nation, the former USSR was a country.
Whatever, kid. Japan is a nation because it is an autonomous political entity. You can't stop progress. You're creating a whole set of definitions that have no relevance to the real world. No one but radical racists come up with this alternative definition of "nation" and no one but the racists abide by that definition. I hope you are strong enough to resist them as you grow older.

Quote:
I'm seriously asking. I thought you were conducting a thought experiment with this thread, but you're a full on separatist and hiding behind the old "politically correct" accusation.

I am a seperatist, I dont hide it, it doesnt make me evil, do you think I'm Hitler now?
You would love for me to think you're Hitler. You could bask in the glory of finding another ignorant bastard like me too blinded by my politically correct indoctrination to see the true glory of racial purity.

I've heard it all before. You're just caught up in a small group of people grasping at something that may have existed when global travel and technology were limited, but has been shattered everytime a boat has washed up on a new shore or a plane has landed in a new land.

I have loved people of different races and I have family members married that are the same. I couldn't imagine my life without them and the mixed-racial off-spring they have produced.

That's my nation, kid, and I wouldn't trade it for yours in a thousand years because I can see the beauty of the individuals rather than build walls around them because of the color they happened to be born. I just think of the perfect young children in my life that wouldn't exist if I lived under your worldview.

So sad.

Quote:
a nation is made up a certain ethnic group with the same language, culture, race and customs.

Understand it now?
I understood it before. You think you're preaching something new here? Ever heard of the Aryan Nation? They tried the same thing and used the same "logic". Just remember, the love of your life may be hiding behind Asian eyes or dark skin, and you'll pass her by simply because of your strange definition of a "nation" prohibits you from seeing the common humanity that binds us all.

Humans always shatter boundaries. You can't stop us.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I was once in a mountain village in Venezuela with absolutely beautiful women whose features were a mixture of German and Venezuelan - black hair, bright blue eyes, brown skin.

Very interesting.

Yea Bluefly, i certainly don't claim to know how all of this happens, but I'm smart enough to reason that something isn't correct with what we've all been indoctrinated to believe in terms of race from a historical stand point.

The aspect of race seems to be an extremely recent addition to the tools used to control and divide large populations. In my opinion it has proven to be one of the weakest tools and has resulted in significant amounts of unnecessary work for those who control us. In my opinion the complexity with which history must go along with all the other collusion is just too much work. There are just too many unintended consequences, because humans keep mixing and that will never stop.

In my opinion those who control us would have done much better if they stuck to the divide and conquer strategies that have worked perfectly for thousands of years. Stick to religion, gender, and national origin. People will always mix it is the natural moral order of humanity, so it is something that is beyond their control. To keep a racial caste of serfs you must make sure they never mix. Clearly it has never happened. However, religion, gender, and national origin are fairly easy tools with which to divide and conquer the masses. In my opinion the racial caste systems were experiments, that will quickly fade away, because of what i listed above.

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I suspected such. Liberals and perpetual victims are forever bedfellows. And self-righteous ones at that.
Anthropological studies do not support your ramblings.

Yes, now tell me how all the anthropologists are part of the big scary liberal conspiracy.

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
1. When you say we will become "muslims", what are you talking about? Muslims are members of a religion. It's not a race. There are Catholic Iraqis (Chaldeans) and many other Christian denominations that are Arabic. Has nothing to do with a religion.

2. Do you know history well enough to know what the Arabic races (what you mistakenly believe to all be Muslim) have contributed to society? Our entire modern civilization rests upon their laurels. Every bit of technology used to day owes a debt of gratitude to the Middle East and the math, science, and art the emerged from it before power shifted to Europe.

1) I realize muslims are not a "race" but the current arab and north african "races" that most muslims live in, are having many more children than are europeans. As a percentage of the overall population of the world, races of these countries are expanding rapidly. Unless these countries/people convert to another religion, then Islam will continue to grow quickly. In many European countries, Islam has more "mosques" than the christians of that country has "churches". In the not-too-distant future, these countries will be majority muslim. So yes, we, the people of western civilization, have a very real threat of becoming a muslim society.

2) While I understand that the birthplace of civilization was in the middle-east(I also realize the birthplace of humanity was in Kenya). All of our major religions were born in the middle-east. The truth is a large part of the middle-east is practically European. The jews are basically white. But Europeans have definitely made most of the innovations and advancements in recent years. Islam does not encourage science, it rejects it. So I have concerns about middle-east being the ambassadars for humanity. But Africa(other than egypt) has basically done absolutely nothing to the benefit of humanity.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
How many of those slaves went back to Africa once freed? It does not matter how people made it here. The fact that they are here and choose to stay is all that matters.

^ 1. They would not have had the means (money, transportation etc) 2. Did slaves come to the USA looking for a better life like the European migrants, no. 3 Didn't President Lincoln want to ship them all back to Africa, anyway?
Monroe, and they named the capitol after him after they moved back there - Monrovia, Liberia.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 PM

146 posts, read 462,290 times
Quote:
When Whites become the minority in the United States, do you think certain white states will start to leave, the union?

In 2040 it is estimated that Whites will be the minority in the United States, this wont be in every state of course, certain areas such as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Tennessee, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Utah etc will still be majority White.

Do you think people in these states will get scared about being the minority and leave and form their own Republics?

This is an un-PC discusion about race in America, you may not like it but the fact is that most people not matter what their race do not like the idea of being a minority and they may get scared of that idea?
My main concern isn't primarily about race, but about culture. Instead of wondering whether or not whites will be supplanted and replaced, we should be asking what will happen to American culture (Our language? Our lifestyles? Our relationships with government and religious institutions? Our relationships with our history?)

What many people call "White," I simply call "American." And I've met lots of "White" Blacks, Asians, Indians, Latinos and so forth (minorities who cast off their old cultures and became fully Americanized; speaking like us, living like us, etc.)

What worries me is that our culture will either be supplanted, or atleast challenged, by the cultures of illegal immigrants. I've been to neighborhoods in the United States where people didn't speak English, where they waved Mexican or Guatamalan or Costa Rican flags on their house, where they allowed children to rough house eachother on busy streets in plain view of their parents. Would this ever happen in "White" America.

This type of cultural separation can only cause crime, resentment and frictions with American culture. That's why I say instead of worrying about race, the main concern and goal should be the total cultural assimilation of all people in the US.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
It's pretty clear from this posting that SeanAaron is a white nationalist, and I don't think he's very apologetic about it here, nor does he think he has to be. I believe in free speech--he is free to hold these views, but he is not free to not be called on them. In the U.S. he would be called a neo-nazi, and he may or may not protest that. The storm front (which is neo-nazi) views itself differently in the U.S. than it does in Great Britain, even though the two are connected in different ways. If he is really a white nationalist, he'll start posting more links between race and nation, but in any case, even though I would shoot myself in the face before I would agree with him, that is what explains the connections between "race" and "nation" he is making. It's a particular kind of nationalism that relates to Nazism and that also relates to the rather peculiar, to American ears, links he has been making between race and ethnicity. Ugh. Like I said, he can make all the little white babies that he wants to in orer to preserve racial purity so long as he finds a white girl unfortunate enough to fulfill his eugenicst purposes. I'll continue being my deviant self, having sex with as many men of color as I can, hoping to reduce the numbers of the master race

Quote:
No its unique races.

Europeans, Native Americans and Chinese and Japanese people all lived on the same latitudes and they all look different it is definately race.

Its all about race, it is a people who make a nation.

Scotland - Land of the Scots
England - Land of the Angles
Germany(Deustchland) - Land of the Deustch(Germans)
Poland - Land of the Poles
Afghanistan - Land of the Afghans
Kurdistand - Land of the Kurds
Turkmenstan - Land of the Turks

You cannot disregard race. No matter how politically incorrect.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:40 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
My main concern isn't primarily about race, but about culture. Instead of wondering whether or not whites will be supplanted and replaced, we should be asking what will happen to American culture (Our language? Our lifestyles? Our relationships with government and religious institutions? Our relationships with our history?)

What many people call "White," I simply call "American." And I've met lots of "White" Blacks, Asians, Indians, Latinos and so forth (minorities who cast off their old cultures and became fully Americanized; speaking like us, living like us, etc.)

What worries me is that our culture will either be supplanted, or atleast challenged, by the cultures of illegal immigrants. I've been to neighborhoods in the United States where people didn't speak English, where they waved Mexican or Guatamalan or Costa Rican flags on their house, where they allowed children to rough house eachother on busy streets in plain view of their parents. Would this ever happen in "White" America.

This type of cultural separation can only cause crime, resentment and frictions with American culture. That's why I say instead of worrying about race, the main concern and goal should be the total cultural assimilation of all people in the US.
I'm trying to be very empathetic to your views, because I can imagine my grandparents having them. Before they died, the world seemed very confusing to them, because there were a lot of people who seemed to be intruding on their worlds. I'm going to ask you to take a little journey with me into my great-grandparents' world. My great-grandparents both arrived on Ellis Island in about 1900. Some stupid bureaucrat misspelled my grandfather's name, and that was over a hundred years ago. Can you imagine what it would have been like for him, stumbling penniless off a ship, full of disease and want? Immigrants nowadays probably feel the same.

My great grandpa homesteaded, married, and had 11 (!) children. He and my great grandmother never spoke good English. Barely literate in their native languages, how could they possibly have acquired English. Oh, but my grandma could can vegetables, make pickles and cookies and bread. Those Norwegian bachelor farmers who came after, she fed in abundance. There was fried chicken, roast ham, roast beef on Sundays, apple pies, fried collard greens, buttered carrots, sweet potatoes, and watermelon pickles. There were mashed potatoes and biscuits and gravy. Everything she did made her hands smell like love, and she never spoke English very well.

Her children, on the other hand, did. Even though I'm young, I totally I know I'm a product of that generation. I don't like white nationalists because that philosophy would go against everything my ancestors taught me. I've buried three grandparents in a year, and they always encouraged me to fly as high as I could. My grandfather, a WWII veteran, would be horrified to know that there were neo-nazis in the U.S. who hate and pray against Obama, which, as another thread shows, some people here actively do. Once, on a sweet trip to HI with my grandma, he brought a little piece of the ship that was attacked to me. I thought that was important, that little piece of Pearl Harbor, and it has made me ashamed for his memory of all the people asking right now for the President to fail. Some of you have admitted to praying for that to happen. I think you should feel ashamed of yourselves. My grandpa was a patriot, and I think he thinks I am too. Nothing will make me tear up as much as hearing taps, and as the oldest granddaugther, I got to keep the flag which I cherish.

I'm tired of people automatically saying that Obama is a fascist. That is absolutely ridiculous and antithetical to what my grandfather fought for. Don't you remember the way the civvies prosecuted the War in Iraq? Did they really do a better job? I'm tired of you ignoring the ways that good democrats have served their country, and I'm looking for you to offer evidence. Through these forums, tonight I've dealt with a white nationalist from scottland and several people who are birthers. Can't we do better than this? The ghost of my grandpa wants me to make this world a better place, and I'm hoping you can help me do so. Rant ends now. But I'm still pissed off by the Crhistmas-tree oprression brigade. You are acting as much as victims as you accuse anyone else as being.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
I understand that we are all immigrants to some degree. There is just a huge difference from being an immigrant from Europe and an Immigrant from somewhere else. At the same time theres a difference between someone coming here for a better life, trying to fit in, and wanting to make the country better for all. Versus someone coming here legally or illegally to have more money, while refusing to learn our language, while flying their home countries flag, and trying to force their way of life down the real Americans throats.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
All I can say is that you are wrong. A quick google search would have told you that though:

Texas Becomes Nation’s Newest “Majority-Minority” State,
Census Bureau Announces
(http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005514.html - broken link)
1. Until the new census comes out for 2010, nothing is official. And even so, Whites would still be the largest group.
2. California is still mainly White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies