Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
what is it with white people paranoid about everything. get a grip. wtf@ seceding because whites arent the majority anymore.
My sentiment. I guess the reason I don't a reason to worry about is because my own ethnic group is in the minority and always has been. Just my perspective.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,665,277 times
The part that bothers me is that Hispanics in this country come from poorer backgrounds and lower education. This results in more children growing up in poverty and being a burden in this country. Just today I read an article about Hispanic women having an average of 3 children. That's fine if you're able to raise them but so many rely on government assistance it's ridiculous how they keep having children. Not only that but so many Hispanics are in this country illegally or because of a parent or grandparent that came here illegally.

So it's basically..hey, we came into this country illegally, had a lot of children we couldn't really afford and now were the majority.

You're basically going to have a different race have the majority in this country that already have poverty rates that exceed the national average.

I'm more conservative. I don't want national health care, I don't want the government in my life more than it already is. Hispanics tend to be more liberal and vote Democrat like most minorities. This country will become a lot more liberal in the policies when Hispanics are the majority because they already are in favor of most of those policies.

I don't have a problem with another race becoming the majority in this country but it does bother me that the race that will become the majority is a race that has high poverty rates, came into this country illegally and have a high % of people in prison.

What if Asians became the majority? Well, high test scores, % of Asians in prison is lower as well as poverty. Things would look more promising IMO.

Last edited by Statz2k10; 03-10-2010 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,890,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
How refreshing another "I'm not racist, I just don't like people who are not white" thread. Real dinkum Americans were brown, let us not forget, and unless you are 100% Native American Indian, you are just like every other citizen, an immigant, regardless of the quantitiy of melanin you posess.

A little knowledge of history may help . First off euopeans purchased this land from the Spanish and French . Indians never owned land because they didn't believe in private ownership so actually they thought they owned the whole world if you get technical about it ,anywhere they were or traveled to was theres .

We came to a undeveloped wilderness, not so for the immigrants today . What you and I enjoy is a product of europeans and black slaves that were sold by their black slave masters who were slaves for the muslims who invaded Africa .

Bet you won't hear this in any of the universities or see it in any of the racist Alex Haley mosty ficticious movies .

Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
When "White America" is "dead" no one will notice - it will be just another day.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,566,362 times
I don't know who started this "we are all immigrants" statement but they are wrong, wrong, wrong. I have native American blood, but I also have other non-immigrant ancestors. An immigrant is a person who moves to a country after it is formed. All people who are born in this country are not immigrants. People who lived here when the country was formed are not immigrants either. They are the founding fathers and I believe my other ancestors belong in that group. If you don't believe me, look the word "immigrant" up in the dictionary.

I tried to quote the person who made that statement in one of the first posts on this thread, but it would not let me quote the poster.

As for the white American status, I really don't care. I wish we could all forget the race thing and all just be American except for the illegals. They need to go home.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

As for the white American status, I really don't care. I wish we could all forget the race thing and all just be American except for the illegals. They need to go home.
You do realize that Hispanics will be the majority because of all the illegal immigration. How many more black, asian and white people would we have in this country if we let our doors open to everybody. I hear stories all the time of people from European countries trying to come to the US but are not allowed to stay permanently.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
You do realize that Hispanics will be the majority because of all the illegal immigration. How many more black, asian and white people would we have in this country if we let our doors open to everybody. I hear stories all the time of people from European countries trying to come to the US but are not allowed to stay permanently.
Then that would be White America's fault, yes...?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:21 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,890,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
When "White America" is "dead" no one will notice - it will be just another day.

Or maybe it will just be another Africa, Iran, Indonisia ,China or Mexico !

I think you will notice alright . Most minorirties are voting themselves right back into poverty and bondage because of racial hate and blame directed on only one group .

Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Then that would be White America's fault, yes...?
Correct, white American has controlled the laws since the birth of this nation.

My point was just to let the poster know that while they seem to not have a problem with the reality of Hispanics being the majority the reason they are going to be the majority is because of the illegal immigration over the last several decades. Which they seem to be against.

I don't see how you can be against current illegal immigration and not be some what disappointed that the switch in the majority in this country is due to illegal immigration.

If black Americans became the majority in this country I would not have a problem. Why? Because they didn't come over here illegally. So my attentions have nothing to do with racism, simply doing the right thing and obeying the laws.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,176,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I understood it before. You think you're preaching something new here? Ever heard of the Aryan Nation? They tried the same thing and used the same "logic". Just remember, the love of your life may be hiding behind Asian eyes or dark skin, and you'll pass her by simply because of your strange definition of a "nation" prohibits you from seeing the common humanity that binds us all.

Humans always shatter boundaries. You can't stop us.
Standing ovation!~vicket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.