Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,697,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
You cannot belittle, ridicule, and dismiss the mention of rape in the abortion debate when it is the pro-lifer extremists who have made such a point of declaring that even rape is no justification for abortion.

If there were only one pregnancy due to rape per one million women, I'd have to be pro-choice. Because societal rape via forced pregnancy that endures for 9 months and culminates in the excrutiatingly painful experience of childbirth, for even ONE woman, is something I will never personally allow.
How does murdering the baby change the horror of rape? Why compound the pain a rape victim suffers by making her murder the baby as well? What did the baby do to be murdered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You know what? Don't talk to me about the Holocaust. My family is German and I grew up over there, and the immense GUILT that plagued my grandfather and grandmother was immeasurable and to compare it to abortion is an absolutely ridiculous and illogical argument.

The minute someone enacts Godwin's Law is the minute I start ignoring. Have fun with your nonsensical arguments.
3 million babies a year are murdered in America all in the name of "choice." Your fake righteous indignation is transparent.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To the contrary - most woman who oppose abortion are very aware of real world - are very educated - very involved.

Did you know that the founder of the "Right to Life" organization was a woman? A Physican? A VERY smart individual?
Women make up the overwhelming majority of the pro life movement.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, Greatday, here ya go on your usual "Let's meander all over the place because I have no good argument" posts....

I never said , and YOU know I never said, they were stupid...I never said they weren't women...but YOU said I did , I didn't.

So far lie upon lie.

Anti-choice is Anti-women....period. My opinion.
Murder is anti-human. Murdering indefensible pre born babies,in the name of "choice" is barbaric....period. My opinion.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I am Jewish and I want to thank you for this post. I, too, am appalled at the comparison between abortion and either the Holocaust or slavery.
I am human and am appalled that 3 million babies murdered each year in America is acceptable, all in the name of "choice", yet the holocaust was horrific. Both acts are/were genocidal and anti-human.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
One of my best friends is an OB/GYN and she refuses to perform abortions in her practice.
Good for her; if most radical leftists had their way, she would be forced to perform them.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Because she is HERE right now. She is physically here. She has relatives and might have other children,friends, spouse, parents and more who would be lost without her. the pregnancy takes place in her body.

There no argument, no doubt that the woman's life should ALWAYS come first.

Ps-Hello Sonrise. Good Afternoon!!!!
Huh? it's all about location? If the pre-born baby wasn't murdered in the name of "choice" she would be "there", wherever "there" is eventually. All life is precious.

P.S. Hi

Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Murder is anti-human. Murdering indefensible pre born babies,in the name of "choice" is barbaric....period. My opinion.
And I think forcing women to go through an unwanted pregnancy to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside is barbaric.

We all have our opinions.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And I think forcing women to go through an unwanted pregnancy to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside is barbaric.

We all have our opinions.
So, just to clarify, respecting all life, especially the most indefensible, and being against the murder of them is barbaric. Abortion, when performed correctly results in death 100% of the time. You support this.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The means by which she bacame pregnant was important enough that the attorneys who took it to the Supreme Court told her to lie.
You offer no evidence for that at all. The Supreme Court decision meanwhile presumes these facts...

Roe alleged that she was unmarried and pregnant; that she wished to terminate her pregnancy by an abortion "performed by a competent, licensed physician, under safe, clinical conditions"; that she was unable to get a "legal" abortion in Texas because her life did not appear to be threatened by the continuation of her pregnancy; and that she could not afford to travel to another jurisdiction in order to secure a legal abortion under safe conditions.

Despite the use of the pseudonym, no suggestion is made that Roe is a fictitious person. For purposes of her case, we accept as true, and as established, her existence; her pregnant state, as of the inception of her suit in March 1970 and as late as May 21 of that year when she filed an alias affidavit with the District Court; and her inability to obtain a legal abortion in Texas.

She is pregnant, does not want to be, and is prevented by Texas law from obtaining a legal abortion. End of story. How she may or may not have become pregnant doesn't enter into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies