Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 04:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Even if all that was true, which it isn't; so what? The baby is either alive or dead.
You are (for some reason) more focused on the life of the fetus versus the woman.

I am more focused on the woman. To me, the woman will always come first. I would be likely to move over to the pro life side if they showed they were more serious about having conditions better than what they want now.

IF that was all true, I would actually believe the "prolife" side is in fact, pro life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Now, if only pro-lifers would have some. Merely being "human life" is no qualifier for anything. "Potential" is apparently no qualifier for anything either, or you'd be screaming over post-menopausal women who didn't have 20 children or more. You and many other borderline and hard-core members of the Cult of the Fetus try to project onto these all manner of characteristics that they simply do not have. What you all are typically searching for of course is some non-religious way to claim that souls exist, and that one has somehow got into all these little cells, thereby making them "extra special". Silly as that may be, you have every right to believe it and to guide your own life by what implications such a belief might have. But you don't have the right to foist such stuff off on anyone else.
Such utter contempt for the 1st amendment. Silly little leftist.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Abortion is a violent act. Why is the child born out of rape worth less than another child? It's not the baby's fault.
I never said it was. It is a sad situation and I hope we both can agree.

Then again, you are pro fetus. I am more pro women. The fetus is not here or has feelings up to a point.

The woman is the one that was raped and has to endure the pregnancy and bringing her rapists child here.

That is 100 percent unacceptable to me as a woman. If I was ever raped (Heaven forbid), I would not want anyone (especially a man) telling me what to do.

Why is the fetus worth more then me? Isn't my life valuable to the "prolifers"?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Funny how they are men too.

And to that concept of making rape victims carry on with the pregnancy, I just say "".
This is a human rights issue. Pre born babies are the most defenseless. Oh, and for the record, the overwhelming majority of those in the pro life movement are women.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
This is a human rights issue. Pre born babies are the most defenseless. Oh, and for the record, the overwhelming majority of those in the pro life movement are women.
Oh and for the record, same with pro choice movement. Most are women.

Pro choice, pro woman.

Until the prolife movement can get their act together, I will continue to support the choice.

Human rights issue? Most abortions take place in the early part where they do not feel anything. They feel no pain. How is this human rights?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If you were truly "prolife" wouldn't you want some sort of UHC? Say you can arranged where it would work out. Or would you all be crying about the government getting in the way but have no problem with the government getting in between a woman and her body?

I agree with you to a point about welfare. I have seen people abuse it. I have seen people wanting to buy lipstick and nailpolish at the store I used to work at. I ALWAYS REFUSED to let it go through. They would talk to the manager and she would take my side. But yet, the right seems so against welfare even if it is temporary. I know of a prolife family who is very against it. They are even against the min wage being $7.40. What do you say to people like that? I have seen several users on here (on the right) wanting to abolish welfare all together.

The last point about maternity leave is this. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago (maybe) that was about how the US lags behind in maternity leave. You would not believe it but people were talking about having unpaid maternity leave because the business should not suffer, yadda. All righties. Well, righties, if you are "prolife" shouldn't you all be for the mother being comfortable and NOT WORRYING about loss of income or jobs when she is going to having a baby? Shouldn't the mother spend precious time with the infant? I think so but some righties who are "prolife" are against it so the poor businesses do not suffer. That is the point I was trying to make. Leave me choice then, huh?

I also realize the right has good intentions. I respect that. Abortion is not pretty and I wish there was no need for it. But the right has to understand that you cannot just expect women to have children and that be it. She or the child might need help and it seems like you all are against anything that may be of help.

I can support a woman who thinks this. Not a man. Sorry. I just do not feel men are justified to speak in these situations.

I understand your point that if someone was raped, it does not change the fact that the fetus is still there. I understand but I respectfully disagree.

If the woman who was raped does not want to carry on with the pregnancy, she should NOT HAVE TOO. It is her body. She was raped. Pregnancy changes your body a lot and puts you through more stress. Poor girl went through such a horrible thing and then she will feel it in her body, haunting her, cursing at her, mocking her. As she gives birth to her rapists child, what will she be thinking?

Oh nice. Just because a woman got raped in a tent means all women who were raped should continue the pregnancy. No. Never.

Can you talk to the woman who was raped? Sure. But in the end it is HER CHOICE. Not yours and for sure not any MAN's choice.
But, as I've stated before, this is a human rights issue. Using your reasoning, only blacks should care about racism, only women should care about equal rights, etc.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
But, as I've stated before, this is a human rights issue. Using your reasoning, only blacks should care about racism, only women should care about equal rights, etc.
I replied back to your statement.

Can you reply back to all of mine? You quoted my entire post but only came up with this.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
The entire article from the link supplied by the OP is suspect to me.

Quote:
Johnson said she was told to bring in more women who wanted abortions, something the Episcopalian church goer recently became convicted about.
This just doesn't strike me as a message that was interpreted accurately. More likely, Johnson was working at this planned parenthood place for the purpose of discouraging women to have abortions. Hence, the restraining order.

Also, the ultrasound would be blurred, going in and out of focus, and very difficult for anyone who is not knowledgeable of such to distinguish anything. That story is also suspect.

Finally, if she is a member of a church that is against pro-choice, what the heck was she doing working at a planned parenthood clinic?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The entire article from the link supplied by the OP is suspect to me.

This just doesn't strike me as a message that was interpreted accurately. More likely, Johnson was working at this planned parenthood place for the purpose of discouraging women to have abortions. Hence, the restraining order.

Also, the ultrasound would be blurred, going in and out of focus, and very difficult for anyone who is not knowledgeable of such to distinguish anything. That story is also suspect.

Finally, if she is a member of a church that is against pro-choice, what the heck was she doing working at a planned parenthood clinic?
Whoaaaa.

EXCELLENT observation.

The prolife side really needs to get their act together. If they want to discourage abortions, don't lie and deceive people. That is just pathetic and sad.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Whoaaaa.

EXCELLENT observation.

The prolife side really needs to get their act together. If they want to discourage abortions, don't lie and deceive people. That is just pathetic and sad.
I would agree with this. Fighting against something believed to be wrong by using dishonesty as the weapon of choice is absurd!

Jill Stanek, an outspoken advocate against abortion, has used many mis truths and lies also. Those of us in the medical profession easily recognize her lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies