Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,386,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Something every pro-abortion advocate should be forced to watch.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/11/planned-parenthood-leader-resigns-after-watching-abortion-ultrasound/ - broken link)
Planned Parenthood Director Leaves, Has Change of Heart

Watching something like that must leave a horrific, indelible image in your mind.

I can imagine her change of heart - who could continue to support the practice after watching a living, breathing, human baby torn to shreds?
I'll do that so long as every anti-choice person is made to adopt an unwanted child and pay a special tax designed to compensate women carrying an unwanted child to term, for expenses, pre-natal care, and loss of income due to the pregnancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 02:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,653,348 times
Abortions only account for 2% of Planned Parenthoods services and they are a non-profit organization, so I don't really believe that.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,459,348 times
Abortion services are a big money-loser for Planned Parenthood. They are heavily subsidized by the generous contributions of caring individuals, groups, and corporations. In 2005, the cost of a surgical abortion perfomed at 10-weeks gestation in a clinic setting with local anesthesia ranged from $90 to $1800, based on ability to pay. The average cost was $413. Having a wisdom tooth removed (a much simpler procedure) would cost more in most major markets.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:05 PM

30,888 posts, read 36,926,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Planned Parenthood helps people plan to have children when they are ready. They perform pap smears and fertility support. And they do provide birth control. It's not all about abortions.
Yeah, they provide birth control....but be honest. It's an afterthought. It's not at the forefront of what the organization is about.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yeah, they provide birth control....but be honest. It's an afterthought. It's not at the forefront of what the organization is about.
Have you ever been to a PP? They got me through some tough times when I was uninsured and needed birth control to regulate my periods. I've also gone to two separate counseling sessions... one for abortion with a close friend, and one with my little brothers girlfriend (they're both 17) who's mom was too perpetually drunk to take her to the doctor and get on bc/get sex ed advice.

My friend had to go through 3 counseling sessions before she was given the ability to get an abortion...I don't know how it is with other PP, but that's how it is with my local one. She was given multitudes of information on adoption, government programs, groups that help out single/pregnant mothers and plenty of charities that would be willing to give her baby clothes and supplies. In the end, she chose to abort and hasn't regretted it at all.

I think PP does a great service.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,707,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Another "So?" OP.

Abortion is legal......still is.

There are no pro-abortion people.....except for the Republicans who approved forced abortions in the sweatshops of the Mariana Islands.
So was slavery. You're making the mistake of equating legal with moral; big difference, big.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
The usual drivel. Pay no attention.
More like the usual back pedal if you ask me...^^^

Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times
Just as we now look back in horror to the days when the Supreme Court ruled that black people were not fully human and so were able to be bought and sold, so will people in the future look back in horror at the idea that a pre-born child was not fully human and so was able to be killed.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,707,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If there was never a need for another abortion EVER, I'd be extremely happy. And I'm pro choice. The difference, is that I'm not forcing a woman to bend to MY will and MY choice. It's between her, and her family/doctor.
And one of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time. You are in fact pro death.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:29 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Something every pro-abortion advocate should be forced to watch.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/11/planned-parenthood-leader-resigns-after-watching-abortion-ultrasound/ - broken link)
Planned Parenthood Director Leaves, Has Change of Heart

Watching something like that must leave a horrific, indelible image in your mind.

I can imagine her change of heart - who could continue to support the practice after watching a living, breathing, human baby torn to shreds?
This isn't the first such story, either. There are others who have left for the same reason.

I have an old video tape called "Hard Truth" I think I am the only one in my family that has watched it. It is truly shocking. It is about Pro-Life advocates (late 70's or early 80's) who were investigating Planned Parenthood and other "clinics". It is very graphic. If I described it here what they found (and there were actual pictures on the video of their findings), my post would be deleted. It was pretty horrific. It tears your heart out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies