Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the general future of the USA?
Very optimistic 7 12.73%
Somewhat optimistic 13 23.64%
Neutral 4 7.27%
Somewhat pessimistic 12 21.82%
Very pessimistic 19 34.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,118,347 times

Advertisements

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
I'm pessimistic almost to the point of occasional despair. I don't think America can survive the entitlement mentality. Long gone are the days when people had pride in their accomplishments. The government wants to be in complete control, which is the exact opposite of the freedom on which America was founded.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,164 times
I am pessimistic because I see the republicans doing everything they can to strip society of the middle class and reward only those who make huge bucks. If they had their way people would be dying in the streets and starving - heaven forbid society treat all persons equally and with respect. Can lord over someone if they have the same rights and privileges as you do.

Until they end their assault on common sense and humanity, the U.S. will continue to circle the drain.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times
I couldn’t agree more. Rep for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I am pessimistic because I see the republicans doing everything they can to strip society of the middle class and reward only those who make huge bucks. If they had their way people would be dying in the streets and starving - heaven forbid society treat all persons equally and with respect. Can lord over someone if they have the same rights and privileges as you do.

Until they end their assault on common sense and humanity, the U.S. will continue to circle the drain.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
What say you?
I went with somewhat optimistic and now must temper that vote with I will see what happens this fall, if we have an election, and the outcome of it. If we change parties for the President I remain optimistic but if we don't I become very pessimistic.

Some think that if the GOP should happen to take over the Senate we might survive but with a dead, lame duck for President, I don't see how that happens. REal change has to take place for us to survive because The One has enough pens to veto anything that comes to him.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,717 times
While I agree with what you're saying, revrandy, I don't think it's just the Republicans who should take all of the blame. I now blame the Democrats just as much. Both parties are working for the uber-elite, they don't care about us, the plebs. Keep in mind I'm a man who is pretty far to the Left.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Very optimistic. The private sector economic recovery is percolating and with the amount of cash it has on hand, the sector is just itching to spend it. As soon as the election year uncertainty has passed; whoever ends up in office will be the lucky guy to preside over a vigorous economic recovery.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
While I agree with what you're saying, revrandy, I don't think it's just the Republicans who should take all of the blame. I now blame the Democrats just as much. Both parties are working for the uber-elite, they don't care about us, the plebs. Keep in mind I'm a man who is pretty far to the Left.
As a staunch conservative I can agree that neither party is serving the interest of the people of this country. Once again we will be facing an election choice of the lesser of two evils. While we may disagree on how to get there, we do agree that neither party is taking us where we need to go....

Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 PM

492 posts, read 630,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As a staunch conservative I can agree that neither party is serving the interest of the people of this country. Once again we will be facing an election choice of the lesser of two evils. While we may disagree on how to get there, we do agree that neither party is taking us where we need to go....

I agree, if they would just work together and forget their special interest groups and think about what's good for the country as a whole, I would be very optimistic.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:47 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I appreciate your candid reply. I have a strong feeling that if Romney wins, we won't see much change with his policy. After all, the Washington Consensus won't change with Romney in the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies