Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times

Advertisements

That article is typical partisan-hack BS.. So apparently the only narcissists to occupy the White House in the last 50 years were Democrats...(Please go listen to some of the Nixon tapes and tell me if you hear any "narcissistic rage")

Look there is plenty to criticize the current administration over; intelligent disussion of the issues is one thing..but silly articles like the one linked to aren't convincing to anyone except for the Fox News crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
That article is typical partisan-hack BS.. So apparently the only narcissists to occupy the White House in the last 50 years were Democrats...(Please go listen to some of the Nixon tapes and tell me if you hear any "narcissistic rage")

Look there is plenty to criticize the current administration over; intelligent disussion of the issues is one thing..but silly articles like the one linked to aren't convincing to anyone except for the Fox News crowd.
The only major source of BS in this country is the WH at the moment.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:27 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
The below quotes are indicative of 'rage' ??
Have you ever witnessed a person 'in a rage'?
Besides, Fox already stated that they are not a news organization; just entertainment.

~~~~

A break point came when Fox tried to create the impression that angry anti-Obama protesters at congressional town hall meetings last summer signaled that Obama's healthcare proposals were dying, a story line that other news organization picked up. White House officials say this was untrue, that those proposals were not dying at all.

Another break point came when Fox commentator Chris Wallace called White House officials "crybabies." A senior Obama adviser tells U.S. News that White House staffers developed "a growing realization" that the president would never get a fair shake from Fox.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
Go easy their world of make believe is crashing down around them their still waiting for Obama "to pay my morgage and my bills".

Old 11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

You are so correct. What these people don't realize is that their continuous personal attacks on the president and his family and their continuous distortion of trivial issues actually works to force people into being protective of the president rather than in disagreeing with him about specific real issues. Their blind hatred is really working against them but they care more about their hatred than they do the real issues facing us all.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I bet that neither of them read that whole link since it proved to be too much truth for Obamans. Too much truth, as I said earlier.
Read it. Twice. So you're comfortable having some partisan hack diagnose the President?
Geez, I dunno, but if I were busy trying to do my job and there were people around me constantly undermining my efforts, lying about me and spreading toxic sewage about every tiny aspect of everything I do, I'd be angry too. What normal human wouldn't be?
Why don't YOU read it again. Read the parts he's supposedly enraged about. His anger, if it really exists, is COMPLETELY justified.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
I bet that neither of them read that whole link since it proved to be too much truth for Obamans. Too much truth, as I said earlier.
There is no truth that comes out of American Thinker, just your run of the mill right wingnut website.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Well I DID read the entire article and I agree with the two posters who said it's BS. As usual with 'articles' you pull from American Thinker, it's an opinion piece and as such is one man's opinion. And sorry, but the description he gives of a narcissist sounded more like GWB than Obama.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Well I DID read the entire article and I agree with the two posters who said it's BS. As usual with 'articles' you pull from American Thinker, it's an opinion piece and as such is one man's opinion. And sorry, but the description he gives of a narcissist sounded more like GWB than Obama.
And it is your 3 opinions that it is BS. So where do we go from here?

Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You are so correct. What these people don't realize is that their continuous personal attacks on the president and his family and their continuous distortion of trivial issues actually works to force people into being protective of the president rather than in disagreeing with him about specific real issues. Their blind hatred is really working against them but they care more about their hatred than they do the real issues facing us all.
I always get the feeling that they treat this just as the do a football game. Cheerleading for a team regardless of how bad or how many team members are on steroids. Blind devotion. No critical thinking. Facts do not matter and a party's stance is of no signifigance. They get their talking points du jour from the psycho talkers such as Lim-bore, Frau Pallin, Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Malkin, Sean Insanity and Glen "Jim Jones" Beck. There are others, but we all know who they are.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-02-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies