Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,943,477 times

Advertisements

Know the enemy.

In other news, the USS New York made a port call in the New York Harbor today. Had the WTC still stood, the towers would be standing directly in the background of the picture below.

And in more encouraging news, Muslims in Indonesia protested Muslim extremism/extremists today.

However, former Muslim and current apostate, Dr. Wafa Sultan, receives daily fatwas and death threats for her conversion to Christianity.

And just to remind everyone, growing up under sharia sucks; as a nation of liberty, we cannot allow sharia to take hold in any form on our soil. Sometimes, a woman cannot fulfill her marital obligations, for reasons beyond her control, such as menstruation or the postpartum period of abstinence. There are women whose period lasts for 15 days and more, and her husband can’t wait that long. So what are we to do with him? Link

Not to mention that sharia totally encourages child-rape. Gaza: Hamas married 450+ child brides in a mass wedding a few weeks ago.

Current headlines for the religion of peace: FBI kill "respectable & moderate" imam (who hoped to carve out a separate Islamist state in the Midwest) as he was discovered to be a leader of a domestic terrorist outfit. Muslim father runs over daughter because she is too westernized. Update: Noor Faleh Almaleki has died of her injuries today 10/2. NYC imam, Ahmad Afzali, pleads not guilty to tipping off an al-Qaida operative. Staten Island muslim kills husband for not being pious enough.

Never forgive. Never forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,483,297 times
Sorry, none of that made it legal to invade and occupy Iraq. None of that made it legal to detain people in their own country without charges and torture them for information.

I'm sure much of the world will never forget, at least there is something you and your opposites can agree on, neither of you will obviously forget.

You have Theo Van Gogh to remind you, they have 24 million Iraqi's

Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,544,412 times
Yes, know the enemy. The enemy being FANATICAL EXTREMIST muslims. There is a difference. Why is it that the muslims I know do not fit into your neat category? I dated 2 muslims in my life & they were both the longest relationships I had w/any other men. Let's not forget the thousands of murders that happen w/people who are not muslim in this country either, since you specified domestic situations.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sorry, none of that made it legal to invade and occupy Iraq. None of that made it legal to detain people in their own country without charges and torture them for information.

I'm sure much of the world will never forget, at least there is something you and your opposites can agree on, neither of you will obviously forget.

You have Theo Van Gogh to remind you, they have 24 million Iraqi's
We killed a tyrant dictator and implimented a Democracy in Iraq. We waterboarded terrorists. And why do you take a thread on Muslim extremism and try to turn it into a debate about Iraq? I never mentioned Iraq or the validity of the invasion.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
We killed a tyrant dictator and implimented a Democracy in Iraq. We waterboarded terrorists. And why do you take a thread on Muslim extremism and try to turn it into a debate about Iraq? You can go on hating our country and blaming Bush; you are the disease and not the cure. Your idealism blinds you.
You had an entirely predictable response. One thing about the "Never forgive, never forget" crowd is they are blind to reason, blind to nuance. They are absolutists and extremists. Essentially, the opposite side of the same extremism coin that caused someone to murder Van Gogh.

And that extremism is fed daily by a trap set by Al Qaeda. I often wonder if either it was coordinated with the neoconservatives as their "New Pearl Harbor" or Al Qaeda knew that the neocons would go into Iraq after 9/11.

The only ones who benefited since Sept. 11th are war corporations like Haliburton, defense contractors, the military industrial complex and Muslim extremists.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM

639 posts, read 1,141,361 times
Hey...I'm sure the Muslims are misunderstood people. I mean c'mon...we make excuses for everyone lately. There are so many self hating Americans in this country it makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,700,031 times
Over/under in how many posts it'll take before someone mentions radical Christianity? I say within 10 posts, and the odds are it'll be from MFBE.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The enemy being FANATICAL EXTREMIST muslims.
Exactly. It is unfortunate the Fanatical Extremism is taking root in our country and very few display much concern.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Hey...I'm sure the Muslims are misunderstood people. I mean c'mon...we make excuses for everyone lately. There are so many self hating Americans in this country it makes me sick to my stomach.

Self hating or love their country?

Just say no to fascism.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,672,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
We killed a tyrant dictator and implimented a Democracy in Iraq. We waterboarded terrorists. And why do you take a thread on Muslim extremism and try to turn it into a debate about Iraq? I never mentioned Iraq or the validity of the invasion.
we didn't kill a tyrant, the iraqi people did. Democracy in Iraq ... yea right. They are the same tribal society they were when Saddam was in power, the only we did was eliminate the Ba'ath party's power and enabled the Shiite revolution to expand to Iraq from Iran ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies