Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times

Advertisements

A not-unflattering exclusive excerpt from a new book titled Sarah From Alaska: The Sudden Rise and Brutal Education of a New Conservative Superstar. The two authors "draw on their experiences as embedded campaign reporters [to write about] the many weeks they spent reporting in Alaska during Palin's last days as governor.... the remarkable behind-the-scenes story of Palin's political career and the events leading to her surprising resignation....The authors share new insights and bring to light illuminating stories from Palin's governorship and vice presidential campaign."

Sarah Palin's Brutal Education - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Ooh lookie, its another book that'll end up for sale in the $1 stores in a few months..

Old 11-02-2009, 10:58 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
It doesnt appear to be a hatchet job or even especially revelatory but I think it's pretty crude to put it out now. Her book goes on sale in a couple of weeks. They've had a year to publish. Why now?

Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It doesnt appear to be a hatchet job or even especially revelatory but I think it's pretty crude to put it out now. Her book goes on sale in a couple of weeks. They've had a year to publish. Why now?
It makes sense to put one out now.. Counter the positive press Palin will receive from her book in a never ending attempt to just discredit someone that you disagree with.

At least when conservatives tear down a liberal they leave them breathing, but liberals wont stop until a conservative is decapitated, heart torn out, and the vulters are eating the body parts left in the middle of the sahara desert. Of course they will do this while getting paid by profiting with the sale of merchandise while opposing capitalism.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,906,537 times
Quote:
A not-unflattering exclusive excerpt from a new book titled Sarah From Alaska: The Sudden Rise and Brutal Education of a New Conservative Superstar. The two authors "draw on their experiences as embedded campaign reporters [to write about] the many weeks they spent reporting in Alaska during Palin's last days as governor.... the remarkable behind-the-scenes story of Palin's political career and the events leading to her surprising resignation....The authors share new insights and bring to light illuminating stories from Palin's governorship and vice presidential campaign."

Sarah Palin's Brutal Education - CBS News
I want John's story.
The decision to select her.

Course, I'm sure some of that would be in this book.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 AM

38,648 posts, read 26,418,133 times
Quote:

Coat tails and Christmas.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:04 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times
Palins in the Kitchen: Practicing for the Goin' Rogue interviews

Sarah: Todd!!!!
Todd: yea babe.
Sarah: Ok, we have to practice
Todd: but I thought we were done havin' kids
Sarah: no! not thaaaat ... silly ... practicing interviews, you know i'm goin' on Obam ..er ah Opr .. errr ah Oprahbama.
Todd: Oh come on hun, you've done plenty of interviews
Sarah: Oh no Todd, this time I'm in control. It's my time to show that liberal gotcha media who's the boss! Those silly people who worked for that old guy ... I'll show them!
Todd: oh, ok. Well, let's get started
Sarah: ok, Todd, here are some questions
Todd: You're giving ME questions?
Sarah: Just read the cards Todd
Todd: sigh <reading>, oh Sarah, you've got to be kidding
Sarah: Todd!
Todd: ok, ahem. Mrs. Palin, do you feel you were treated unfairly during the campaign?
Sarah: That's a great question Oprahbama, of course I was! I was never given a good fair shake during the election for me to be president of the senate.
Todd: How so former madame governor?
Sarah: Oh, that nasty katie couric! She was so mean, askin' me all those stupid questions that were so far beneath me! And then that rascal Charlie Gibson, lookin' at me like I'm a kindergartner! Both of them just picked on me and they tried to make me look bad. They're not so smart!
Todd: ok ... Sarah, what were your reasons for resigning your office of governor of the great state of alaska so suddenly?
Sarah: Well, Oprahbama, everyone was just so stinking mean to me! I was a great governor! The media was ganging up on me like I was a moose in heat!
Todd: ok. one last question, why are you so adored?
Sarah: oh Obamaprah, I just have no idea. If it wasn't for those nasty liberal media people that did their darn tootin' best to paint me in a bad light, I'd be makin' policy in the Senate right now. I'd be in charge of Joe Biden!
Todd: ok, hun, that's enough
Sarah: Oh no! You haven't gotten to the questions where you ask me about my pagent days and basketball skills! I plan to challenge Couric and Gibson to basketball game, both of them against me! Then we'll see who's the meanie!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,424,487 times
Thanks for the heads up. There is one book I won't be buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies