Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:44 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

America hating Americans.

It is a sad sad world.... and we really have become the Idiocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Hasn't it been that way since Day 1?

Indians slaughtered, their land stolen. Blacks enslaved, tortured and dehumanized. Civil War. That's only the first 100 years.........

Old 11-03-2009, 01:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
"I wonder when we did a 180"

I was wondering the same thing during the Reagan administration.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats because posters like me better than you.. Isnt it obvious
\

Very, as I'm as popular as Lyme disease and it didn't bother the digestion of my lunch one bit.

Quote:
Look at the attraction to Ron Paul, it sure isnt his wonderful speaking skills.
When entering into a debate or argument, it also tends to help when you are right.

Quote:

You mistake criticism for hatred.

If you wish to continue progressing and improving the country you live in, then dissent and criticism of those things you disagree with will get you much closer to betterment than blowing happy go lucky touchy feely rays of sunshine up someones backside.

Perhaps it is me who lacks the desire or emotional need to run around with a foam hand that has the finger pointed up, yelling at the top of my lungs... were #1, were #1, were #1 in order to express the love of my country.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And yet, through wise life and financial decisions, some seem to transcend their 'supposedly' predetermined role as 'wealth transfer victims.'
http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s...llionaire.html

Why do you think that is?
your link is to a registration site. i'd respond, but i don't want to register.

any other source?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
THE RONALD REAGAN MYTH

"Ronald Reagan must be the nicest president who ever destroyed a union, tried to cut school lunch milk rations from six to four ounces, and compelled families in need of public help to first dispose of household goods in excess of $1,000...1f there is an authoritarian regime in the American future, Ronald Reagan is tailored to the image of a friendly fascist." - Robert Lekachman

THE RONALD REAGAN MYTH . . . The Progressive Review
Such B.S.! You obviously were not around during the Reagan years, nor the Carter years which were not even as bad as Obama. Reagan was a savior, of sorts. He brought us back to prosperity, and gave us a reason to believe in America again.

Now, we are repeating the Carter era. Only 100 times (at least) worse.

I think you need a history lesson. You have no idea who Reagan was or what he believed and why. You only know the propaganda that you learned in a corrupt government school system.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Reagan is the president that accelerated the process of decline of this country.
Bull! Reagan brought about a period of 96 straight months of economic expansion. Compare that to Obama's record, so far. Nothing but destruction of our economy.

Obama is Carter II, only hundreds of times worse.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the 20th century. He was a beacon of light in an otherwise dim political world.

America had slid into Jimmy Carter's malaise and by force of will RR brought us out.

He also outlined the path of prosperity that we have worked for 20 odd years to undo.

We need to return to those very principled principles he was so clearly outlined.

Those that hate RR hate America and are likely communists.
You are soooo right on! I doubt that most on this Forum that disparage Reagan were even out of diapers when he was president (if they were even born yet). The have no clue what they are talking about. They spout what is being taught to them in the government schools. Public (government) schools have been telling lies about Reagan for many years.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
your link is to a registration site. i'd respond, but i don't want to register.

any other source?
Try this...
millionaire next door - Google Search

...click on The Millionaire Next Door NY Times Books link, right below the top two Amazon.com links and above the shopping results links. Accessing it that way works for me - if you still can't get to it, we'll try something else.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Default dang repuglakans

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
We did a 180-degree change because Reagan was a horrible president.
Am I seeing a pattern?
Every Republican president is the worst president we ever had.
Stupid evil geniuses bent on making that 180 into everything bad.
Just read from the script. Fill in the blanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies