Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No , did you miss this part of my original post? (Unfortunately Boeing is not an isolated or unique case, when you couple the greedy unions and the greedy government in this state it makes for a very hostile environment for business)
You said it yourself: the greedy government. SC offered incentives that Washington didn't. I don't see how that makes them "greedy." This is how business operates. Companies accept bids, and the company's decision results in winners and losers. Just because a bid is rejected doesn't mean the submitter is greedy.

Quote:
There is no way that Boeing could ever go non union in this state, period.
Now there's an argument I can live with! Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No- I'm talking Non-Public education - Libertarian style.

I just might want my kid to be taught chemistry by a chemist, passionate about chemistry, rather than a person with a teaching degree.
No you're talking the amount of money you have determining the education your kid's get.

Under your "libertarian" "private" plan..poor kids can go F themsleves.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Unless the incestuous relationship involves only the rich, the powerful lobbyists, then it is all fine and dandy.

Seriously, are you one of them? Or, just a self-defeater who simply believes that his/her "superior" will always have your best interest in mind.
Well as far as employment goes I am my superior, so yes I believe I will always have my best interest in mind. However when it comes to unions, that is not the case, the fat cats at the top of the food chain are interested in lining there pockets and power, not the best interest of the rank and file "brotherhood", they are simply tools, numbers, that give their masters power. I am sorry to break that to you if you are one of them, the brotherhood that is.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No you're talking the amount of money you have determining the education your kid's get.

Under you plan...poor kids can go F themsleves.
Not if the Liberals are able to maintain a public option with fee taxes rather than what we have now.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not nearly as bad as a deregulated Wall St proved to be.
Or an incompetent Securities and Exchange Commission.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:12 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Default American Medical Assoc. and AARP Formally Endorse Democratic Health Bill Today

Good news two days before planned health care vote.

MyDD :: AARP, AMA Come Out in Favor of Dem Healthcare Bill (http://www.mydd.com/story/2009/11/5/14614/5652 - broken link)

Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Now there's an argument I can live with! Period.
yeah, just wonder how well all the out of work union primma donnas can live with it!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Well as far as employment goes I am my superior, so yes I believe I will always have my best interest in mind. However when it comes to unions, that is not the case, the fat cats at the top of the food chain are interested in lining there pockets and power, not the best interest of the rank and file "brotherhood", they are simply tools, numbers, that give their masters power. I am sorry to break that to you if you are one of them, the brotherhood that is.
Have you ever been in a union? Your rant suggests that you haven't. Decisions are made by a vote of the members. Members of a local vote for their own interests just as you decide for yourself. That the "fat cats" may be interested in money and power is irrelevant. That's what fat cats do; both union and corporate fat cats.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
yeah, just wonder how well all the out of work union primma donnas can live with it!
Somehow, your concern for out of work union members seems a bit contrived.

Do you show the same concern when a sheet metal supplier loses its bid to contract with Boeing? Where's your concern for those workers?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Unions bad for the economy
Federal Employees have a union. About 38% of gov't workers are in it. We pay these workers via our tax dollars. The union takes their dues from federal workers, our tax money, and donates it to ACORN, WFP and Democrats. So as a private citizen, my taxes are being spent in a partisan way to support the left agenda which is bothersome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies