Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would your vote change or not?
I voted for Obama and would have chossen Nader 2 1.74%
I voted for Obama and would vote for Mccain 4 3.48%
I voted for Obama and would vote for Ron Paul 4 3.48%
I voted for McCain and would vote for Obama 3 2.61%
I voted for McCain and would have voted for Nader 0 0%
I voted for McCain and would have voted for Ron Paul 18 15.65%
I Would not change my vote 80 69.57%
Id just rather not vote. 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
None of the answers in your poll work. The answer should have been Hillary. Hillary should have won the primary. She would have been way stronger than Obama is, or McCain would have attempted to have been.

Thanks for the point, I did miss her. There are so many choices when you add those that originally had run. I only included Ron Paul of those that. as imperfect a sampling interesting results.

Let us know if there are others that should have been included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 AM

395 posts, read 510,722 times
While Obama hasn't delivered much change YET. He definitely has not messed anything up..which is a major plus considering the last president would mess things up for everybody on a constant basis. Obama also hasn't let the recession spiral out of control. He's doing a good job..but this next year we need to see some change.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
It appears there would be no change in the results. I suspect this will be the outcome of 2012. It does look like Ron Paul mighht be more favorably received by the Reps.... interesting.

I find it curious that those that wanted change are staying pat with Obama. I know any change from W is a good one, even McCain is better than Bush. I don't find there really to have been much change, not like a Nader or Ron Paul would push for. Is it that we really don't want change?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:02 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
I'd vote for the same guy all over again ...

(I won't ever vote Democrat or Republican tickets)

Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Obama then. Obama now. Even given the disappointments, he's still a huge improvement over Bush and McBush.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
What I like about Ron Paul, is when he is asked a question, he has an answer, instead of blaming someone, or a very vague general answer.
"We are going to fix healthcare" Yeah, now how do you plan on it working out. Ron Paul will tell you the pros and cons of each angle of the debate.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Another sour grapes poll

My option is not listed.

I voted for Obama and would do it again.

President Obama is doing an excellent job. He took over after the worst, most inept administration in the history of this country. Village idiot diplomacy and incompetence reigned during those horrific Republican-controlled years.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 AM

774 posts, read 2,381,707 times
If voters continue to elect politicians who are "owned" by Wall St. and Corporate America, we'll get what we deserve....

...a Third World country where the rich are "filthy rich" and most everyone else is "filthy poor".

Obama isn't changing anything....he proved that to me by surrounding himself with Goldman Sachs executives who represent only corporate interests before he even got into office.

For healthcare the "change" we see is that he appoints the "Baucus committee" which is essentially like giving the Insurance industry a blank check to bilk the taxpayers of billions more dollars (rather than addressing the problem).

In three years the "Corporate Media" with stage another "dog and pony" show election and most likely the Republican candidate will be elected and.....
.....the wheel goes round and round..........

Mikey

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,369 times
I voted for Cynthia McKinney of the green party. I like some of Ron Paul's ideas, like the tariffs, etc. but I don't like all of his tax cutting measures. I wouldn't have changed my vote because its my opinion that the Green Party could be the most innovativve and could take us where we need to go as a nation.

Now I'd be interested in a Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich combination. I'd just like to hear the platform they come up with, that could be pretty good I think.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
I think I would have voted for Ron Paul because I think McCain would more than likely done what is not right for this country (although better than Obama). Obama has proven time and time again that he is completely unqualified for this position. He speaks well when he has a teleprompter and that is about it. He is using the financial mess that the Democrats got us into and making it worse and weakening this country all for his parties agenda and goals. I think Ron Paul would have gone beyond all of that.

Basically, we need to remove incumbents, put in term limits and start electing more people who are there to represent and lead, not to mention who are qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies