Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
No spaying and neutering do NOT alter behavior. It does not change a natural behavior that an animal does everyday. Try as you may the two are not even near the same.
This of course is why vets recommend neutering a male animal to calm it down? Because it doesn't change its behavior?

Time for you to take a dose of reality and just admit that you don't know what you are talking about but merely have the ego to try and tell others what they should do and how to act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 02:09 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I adopted a Maine Coon that was declawed - front paws only (he never had a litter box problem). He was an indoor cat 100% until my cousin kitty sat him while I was on vacation and he bolted away outdoors. I think it's inhumane to remove their claws because if they are free they can't defend themselves, but what about cropping ears and docking tails on a Doberman. That's inhumane as well but breed specific. If you want to declaw a cat I don't think it's that big of a deal you simply can never allow the animal to be outdoors to roam freely.

The cat I have now is not declawed and he's very careful not to claw my furniture. He's got a cat condo and a short cat stand he uses to exercise his claws.
I have 3 cats and none are declawed. I trained them to use the carpeted cat stand for scratching. They learned and are no problem at all. They are AWESOME companions!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM

615 posts, read 1,692,932 times
I think it is wrong for humans to mutilate animals all for the sake of vanity. Only as a last resort should something like declawing be done. I feel the same way about dog and horse tail docking, ear clipping, etc. It just doesn't make sense. Removing claws from a cat can very well change their personality and unlike neutoring/spaying there are absolutely no pros to it. At least with neautoring, the pros outweigh the cons.

People are just too lazy to actually take the time to train their animals. that is the reason for most behavior problems.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
This is part of the New-Furniture-stimulus-plan to help San Francisco's struggling sofa merchants.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
This of course is why vets recommend neutering a male animal to calm it down? Because it doesn't change its behavior?

Time for you to take a dose of reality and just admit that you don't know what you are talking about but merely have the ego to try and tell others what they should do and how to act.

No time for you to admit that there is a HUGE difference between the two. How an animal acts is based on way more factors then just being spayed so no it does NOT claim down every animal. I have and will admit I am wrong when I am actually wrong. In this case. NO I am not!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
I'm not a cat person (I'm a dog person) but, I don't have anything against them. I had a girlfriend that lived with me once and she had a cat. The last place she lived (before moving in with me) was a room she rented in a condo (it was owner occupied it)....he insisted she get her cat declawed if she was going to live there, for fear it would snag and ruin his berber carpeting. She did it and ended up living there for a few months. When she moved in with me, the poor cat got the crap beat out of it all the time because it would sneak out of the house through the dog door all the time. I even bought a gadget (that was expensive too) to prevent that from happening but, it didn't work well. Cats need their claws....they don't understand what's happened to them once they've been declawed.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
No time for you to admit that there is a HUGE difference between the two. How an animal acts is based on way more factors then just being spayed so no it does NOT claim down every animal. I have and will admit I am wrong when I am actually wrong. In this case. NO I am not!
Talk to a vet, then start admitting that you are wrong. Or perhaps have yourself neutered and see if it affects your actions. You have said you do not have cats hence have no objective method of judging, except for your continued bloviating.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Talk to a vet, then start admitting that you are wrong. Or perhaps have yourself neutered and see if it affects your actions. You have said you do not have cats hence have no objective method of judging, except for your continued bloviating.

Ugh you are just crude and obnoxious. Done with you.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Ugh you are just crude and obnoxious. Done with you.
But are you done lying about a subject that you obviously know nothing about?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
But are you done lying about a subject that you obviously know nothing about?

You are so transparent. Keep making an ass out of yourself it is very good entertainment. When you can have a discussion like an actual adult we can talk.

Oh and my cousin IS a vet so I DO know what I am talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies