Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:39 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,296 times

Advertisements

There are far worse "scam artists" out there. Even if climate change is a crock, if his venture capital company helps develop products that clean or reduce damage to the environment then I say more power to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
There are far worse "scam artists" out there. Even if climate change is a crock, if his venture capital company helps develop products that clean or reduce damage to the environment then I say more power to him.
If

Old 11-08-2009, 01:01 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
There are far worse "scam artists" out there. Even if climate change is a crock, if his venture capital company helps develop products that clean or reduce damage to the environment then I say more power to him
With all due respect... green energy.. is nothing more than smoking mirrors...if the climate bill passes..it'll do nothing but raise energy costs and reduce the quality of life for all average Americans...And that my friend...unfortunately is a fact!!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Seems to me he is putting his money where his mouth is. and the lack of double talk bothers people? wow guess you miss Cheney huh? If Gore can bring about better solutions to our environmental woes, more power to him. If he makes a buck in the process, bravo as others will chase after him and blaze a trail we need.

Those that argue about global warming seem to be on a boat and saying, it won't sink. The others say it will if we don't do something. So we either do something and it helps or we sink... seems Seems those that want to believe its a scam booked their tickets on the titanic. I would err of the side of caution on this one.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So what?
What's your point?

Suddenly you hate wealth?
You hate the market?
Or is it that you just hate Gore?

I hate Al Gore no more than the Mafia. I just wonder why organized crime has not participated in the global warming scam yet. Let's keep in mind that "cap and trade" is no market. No emissions (the purported mission behind the scheme) are reduced. Money is just shifted from consumers of energy to Al Gore.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I really don't thnik gore is teh brains behind it. He is just the spokews person for a movement to have governamnt mandate things while already having the monopoly established. Gore if you wtched can't actually speak very well without talkign points and he certainyl is no business genius anymore than a predient pays his own elction bill. he has to have some powerful fordce behind who likely could never run for president themselves.I thnik inyears to come it will be interestign to rad the making of a president in Obama. A obscrue organiser theat became a senator and was promote as president with liitle esperiecne and just whyy. Alot has to do with teh failure of Gore and Kerry with their baggage :i am willing to bet.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 AM

82 posts, read 189,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
The problem here is that when cap and trade is made law the cost of energy is going to choke the middle and lower class. Do you like how much your oil and electric bills are costing you now here on LI? Are you willing to pay more right now? ( call your utility suppliers, they will be happy to take it) or would you rather it stay where it is. I say to hell with the status quo or worse. I want a reduction! and not by some taxpayer funded liberal plan.
The fact that Gore is right now making hundreds of million dollars and is promoting that we all pay higher energy taxes is sickining. The only difference from him and Bernie Madoff is that Madoff took large amounts of money from a few. Gore's goal is to have the Government take some from every household, buisness and institution. So not only will your bills at home go up but the price of EVERY product you buy will go up as well.
It is also going to cost more for your local government to operate which guess what, those costs will be passd onto you in property tax hikes. The big picture involving this scam sucks. Screw Al Gore and the horse he rode in on.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:27 PM

218 posts, read 580,308 times
My whole family are pretty much good Democrats. Even they watch Al Gore now and say, "Oh God, thank you that that deranged weird man was never President of the U.S." What I always find funny is that Gore's house and living isn't even "GREEN" - he just has used the whole thing to get very rich. Bush's place in Crawford, TX is green from ceiling to floors, irrigation included and the press carefully ignored that. Didn't fit their template.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXknitter View Post
My whole family are pretty much good Democrats. Even they watch Al Gore now and say, "Oh God, thank you that that deranged weird man was never President of the U.S." What I always find funny is that Gore's house and living isn't even "GREEN" - he just has used the whole thing to get very rich. Bush's place in Crawford, TX is green from ceiling to floors, irrigation included and the press carefully ignored that. Didn't fit their template.
And that will continue to go undetected.

Emission reduction ? For the US only ? And these companies can buy "extra" credits if they don't reduce ? Guess who profits and guess who foots the bill for those who profit ?

What a ponzi scheme.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:35 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Capitalism at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies