Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 05:55 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,202,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The Left is doing anything they can to turn the attention away from Obama and the bang-up job he's done so far.
I don't think that it is accurate that this has been cooked up by the left to distract. But it does seem to be having that affect, as many from the right seem to be obsessing over this brouhaha.
Spoiler
Emphasis on Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Huge non story

But... I'd still............oh never mind.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Huge non story
Disagree!

Quote:
But... I'd still............oh never mind.
Agree!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,867,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No, the real sexists are the conservatives who oppose abortion (force women to continue pregnancies that they do not want) and paid maternity leave.
In all fairness, Conservatives do believe the a fetus is equal to an infant. It is not a view that I share, but it is not that they are rubbing themselves raw to the idea of unwanted pregnancies because they are pricks.

Oh, and someone should pay for their own kids. If you don't work, you don't get paid, unless it is part of some prior agreement.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:53 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,764,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Here's a link to her contract, which is actually what is at issue with Ms. Prejean:

Carrie Prejean Miss California Contract

Just on a casual reading, I can see multiple violations that she has committed, any of which are grounds for termination per the very clearly written contract. I don't give a rat's patootie about her views on gay marriage - in this country, she is entitled to have whatever views she likes, though trumpeting those views may not be without consequence. Her problem is that she was counting on the support of social conservatives to trump the legal contract she signed. Since she withdrew her lawsuit due to that purported solo sex video, it seems that she does not have a legal leg to stand on.
Wait, so all this time we've been up in arms about breech of contract by a finalist in the least prestigious beauty pageant in the world?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I hearby dedicate this to Carrie Prejean ... may she continue her self indulgent satisfaction:

YouTube - Cyndi Lauper - She Bop

Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,513,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Homophobe Carrie Prejean, another right wing hero...lol

Prejean Sex Tape Triggers Settlement | TMZ.com
You know that old saying: "What Goes Around Comes Around" or something similar...LOL... .

Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
In all fairness, Conservatives do believe the a fetus is equal to an infant. It is not a view that I share, but it is not that they are rubbing themselves raw to the idea of unwanted pregnancies because they are pricks.

Oh, and someone should pay for their own kids. If you don't work, you don't get paid, unless it is part of some prior agreement.
With all due respect ... what Carrie Prejean is doing in that video isn't gettin' anyone pregnant <wink wink> ... know what? This silly girl probably only did the she bop because it preserves her virginitAH ... that's how the tightie righties should spin it!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:57 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,867,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
With all due respect ... what Carrie Prejean is doing in that video isn't gettin' anyone pregnant <wink wink> ... know what? This silly girl probably only did the she bop because it preserves her virginitAH ... that's how the tightie righties should spin it!!!!
I don't care about her either way. So she is another pretty airhead who is against gay marriage? I don't care what she has to say. Also, as far as I know, she has never said anything about nude photos or so on, so to my knowledge, she isn't a hypocrite. If she has? She should be rhetorically gutted.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:05 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,278,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Wait, so all this time we've been up in arms about breech of contract by a finalist in the least prestigious beauty pageant in the world?
Hard to believe, isn't it? And the poor child thought she could make a bunch of money on the controversy. Now she's up to her silicone in legal bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies