Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDN5 View Post
Wait....aren't you the one who brought "abnormality" into this conversation? LOL. I sure didn't.
Wait, weren't you the one that started taking us on odd red herrings in order to avoid dealing with the main point? I sure didn't.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:26 AM

403 posts, read 534,936 times
some people want to be against something just to make it hard for someone else to live their lives then they have the nerve to use their kids as a poor excuse to be a homophobic. its sad but its getting old & played out.

some people just need live their own lives & stop trying to control everyone else.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:36 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
[font="Tahoma"]some people want to be against something just to make it hard for someone else to live their lives
I agree. They make up specious arguments so they can claim to be "taking a stand" on something that really doesn't matter at all. My hunch is that they do it because their egos need a boost.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Note the bold.

Two gay men... ie "homosexual" men, hugging.

Also note that I do not directly compare such, I merely state that some people find that offensive just as you might find the above I listed offensive.

A direct comparison would be to establish a trend between each. I do not, I merely picked an action YOU MIGHT find offensive and used it to bring perspective to the situation.

Some people find homosexuality offensive. Some find bestiality offensive or the others I listed. Just because you may think homosexuality is acceptable, does not mean others do as well.

It is not ridiculous for someone to object to such a display in a "homosexual" manner.

Note that even you stated it was "two GAY men" doing such which implies additional factors to which differs from "two men hugging" by its reference.

Even so, the fact remains that homosexuality by its given occurrence is abnormal and so it would not be "ridiculous" to expect that some might find reservation in its occurring form.
Ah, so it's only wrong for gay men to hug.

Or is it that you hear "two gay men hug" and you automatically assume something else was going on as well?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies