Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Defend itself is extremely subjective. Eliminating threat, fine. Roll over towns with tanks and establish settlements, no.

on many issues we have agreed. on this one... well...

we certainly dont.

I will stop being hard-line against the PLO and for Israel when the PLO decides that their number 1 goal is no longer the destruction of Israel as a nation.... that is a stated goal. They call it Annihilation

Israel does not have such a stated goal against the PLO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because Israel useses its weapons to defend itslef and the Palestinians use them to murder innocent people.
Like those Israeli settlers taking pot shots at CHRISTIAN Palestinian children on their way to school, or using hellfire rockets on apartment buildings inn Gaza at 2AM. Defend itself HAHAHA

Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
on many issues we have agreed. on this one... well...

we certainly dont.

I will stop being hard-line against the PLO and for Israel when the PLO decides that their number 1 goal is no longer the destruction of Israel as a nation.... that is a stated goal. They call it Annihilation

Israel does not have such a stated goal against the PLO.
You mean there are no Israeli Political party's that call for the forcible expulsion of all Palestinians from the West Bank? You had better check again

PLO is a bunch of Quislings put in power by the CIA and Israeli airstrikes.
They sold out a decade ago.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Okay, for those of you who think Israel acted too aggressively:

Tell me what your take on Hamas/Hezbollah rocket-fire. Obviously those thousands of rockets they have come from somewhere, no? If they simply stockpiled in case of an attack that would be one thing. BUT...they stockpile TO attack/provoke, and then cry foul when Israel responds.

Of course Iran doesn't threaten another country directly (they're not dumb), they have their Hezbollah subordinates do it for them.

Much the same way the US used the mujahideen against the Soviets

Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You mean there are no Israeli Political party's that call for the forcible expulsion of all Palestinians from the West Bank? You had better check again

PLO is a bunch of Quislings put in power by the CIA and Israeli airstrikes.
They sold out a decade ago.
I used PLO instead having to spell check Palestinian.

and NO there is no national policy to distroy all of the Palestinians. the Isrealis do not have mickey mouse teaching their kids to kill Palestinians.

when the Palestinians stop the stupidiy, I will listen to them.

until then, the actions of Israel will be viewed as self defense. in much the same way that if someone tries to break into my home, i wont just warn them away and i wont stop putting holes in them until i am out of ammo..

Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Calling Israel "scumbag" is not the same as calling Jews "scumbag".

Old 11-05-2009, 01:29 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,693 times
Scumbag is a "vulgarity"? LOL Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it...or in this case if the yarmulke fits......The Israeli gov't. and their apologists are scumbags in my book. When they stop using my tax dollars to do their evil deeds, then I won't care what they do, but so long as they have their hand in my pocket, you can damn well believe I'll criticize them.

Remember the U.S.S. Liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
You've been cited for infractions for good reason. Posting extremist sentiments such as your desire to see every Israeli man, woman, and child murdered, or your use of vulgarities such as "scumbags" to describe Israel is highly inappropriate. And these are just examples. I haven't even seen most of your posts.

Such comments only engender indignation and incitement.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 PM

you people who support those stinking terrorist that are the palistinans are just wacky crazy

Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
This is a great article that links to how Israel is coddled by the US and how much infuence they have in the US.

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

It links to this column in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz that advises the US to stop sucking up to these right wing neocon chickenhawks.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1124928.html?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
you people who support those stinking terrorist that are the palistinans are just wacky crazy
Being war weary isn't wacky. However ignoring the intertwined geopolitical situations of ignoring allies in areas where we have few should far outweigh ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies