Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If the plan you're offering isn't better, and we already know from CBO it isn't cheaper, why are we forcing people off the health care they have? When poll after poll shows Americans want to keep the insurance they have, why are we trying to force them onto a government run plan?
I don't know of anyone who's trying to force people onto a government run plan. That's why it's called a public option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't know of anyone who's trying to force people onto a government run plan. That's why it's called a public option.
Got plans to tax medical equipment and private (non-union) health insurance plans while subsidizing a government run plan with borrowed tax dollars. It's just a matter of time until private insurance is bankrupted, and once your plan changes you're forced onto the public option anyway.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Maybe its the OPs state. Here in Florida you can go to the County Health Department, you can also attend the several different school locations they are offering the injections for free at OR you can get it from your doctor.

By the way, the shot is free, they will charge an administration fee at places like the doctors office.

If you haven't been screwed by an insurance company, you haven't lived very long or you haven't been sick very often. I have been screwed more then I want to remember, one time including an entire lawsuit where they tried to get out of their responsibility of paying for my surgery. Which the judge said NO WAY to.

Just how would you propose to get this shot to the public considering the rate at which the swine flu seems to be traveling AND that the culture needed to make the vaccine is growing at half the speed it was estimated to? I don't see how that would have been any different under a Republican President, unless of course the reality that you would have had to pay for it out of your pocket or with your lovely insurance that not everyone has.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Boy, back when the polio vaccine was being provided at the country building back in the 50s, Obama wasn't even born. Same lines, same type of set-up, and Obama and Pelosi weren't even involved. How can that be? Surely they are the blame for everything. brother................

Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I've had a taste of Obama/PelosiCare and...
Eh?

How is Obama and Pelosi responsible for what happened to you?

Last edited by MIKEETC; 11-04-2009 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: added the word "what"

Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
And gee whiz, this isn't even "Obama/Pelosicare"
Blame your local county( I'm gonna guess Imperial/Riverside/Orange/Kern/ or Inyo) and STATE government (the Govinator) for running things so poorly, it's certainly not the Feds.
DUH.
Government is government. Ineptitude seems to be genetic with them.

Quote:
No matter what they call it, it won't be an option, as already explained by a previous poster.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Why do people speak as if this will cause private doctors to dissapear and all medical jobs in the country to be filled by disgruntled DMV workers? This bill doesn't make "the government" your medical provider you know.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No matter what they call it, it won't be an option, as already explained by a previous poster.
That's an opinion. It's not a fact.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why do people speak as if this will cause private doctors to dissapear and all medical jobs in the country to be filled by disgruntled DMV workers? This bill doesn't make "the government" your medical provider you know.
Because all they can come up with are scare-tactics and lies about "death panels".

Rep. Virginia Foxx said the other day that the health care bill is a bigger threat to America than any terrorist in any nation. I think she's nuts, but obviously, many people - particularly Republicans, of course - agree with her.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Because all they can come up with are scare-tactics and lies about "death panels".
That's an opinion, not a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies