Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
So were democrats supposed to vote for John McCain because he is such a strong supporter of gay marriage?
I dont think thats what Aero said.. True NONE of the candidates supported gay "marriage", there was little difference between the R and the D, but the question is why does the "gay" community think Obama/Biden supported gay marraige when they admitted that they didnt? I can tell you, because they ignored the fact and excused the "dont support gay marriage" claims as just something they had to say to get elected.

I've actually had gay people tell me that they HAD to support gay marraige, it was impossible that they would oppose it, even if they claimed they didnt. It was excused as just redderick. If I recall there are threads here discussing this very issue and liberals just ignored the "I do not support gay marriage" as an acceptable lie "for the cause".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
One day these guys and gals will turn their gayze from the disco ball and realize the only party that cares about them is libertarian.
Very good point!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Looks like the Obama Administration is losing support of another group he promised to support:

Gay Leaders Blame TV Ads, Obama for Loss in Maine - FOXNews.com
B, b, b, bu,but Obama was too busy with those five trips into New Jersey to support Corzine, in a losing cause, to travel farther to go to Maine for something as silly as gay rights. He got their votes with his promises and now they have to relax and wait till he has time, and maybe the desire, for real.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Didn't Biden say during one of the debates that he and Obama do not support gay marriage?

YouTube - Obama Biden support no same-sex marriage

Obama should have lost their support before the election.
But they were like me. They just didn't think that Joe (Foot in Mouth) Biden really knew how Obama felt although now they probably know better.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 AM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think thats what Aero said.. True NONE of the candidates supported gay "marriage", there was little difference between the R and the D, but the question is why does the "gay" community think Obama/Biden supported gay marraige when they admitted that they didnt? I can tell you, because they ignored the fact and excused the "dont support gay marriage" claims as just something they had to say to get elected.

I've actually had gay people tell me that they HAD to support gay marraige, it was impossible that they would oppose it, even if they claimed they didnt. It was excused as just redderick. If I recall there are threads here discussing this very issue and liberals just ignored the "I do not support gay marriage" as an acceptable lie "for the cause".
If some gay people excused what was said, that is their own problem because they were being completely naive. In my opinion many gay people probably "hoped" that Obama would change his mind, and simply voted for there lesser of two evils. Again, there was no alternative. I would also venture to guess that most gays are more upset about the slow action of DOMA and DADT. Yeah it would be great if Obama could show more support for states trying to pass marriage amendments, but I find his lack of action on other gay related issues (for which he promised) to be more troubling (through I am happy with the hate crimes law).

Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Did they? I thought they were in support of it? Is this another flip-flop???
No, it's not a 'flip-flop'. Going all the way back to the very beginning of the the primaries, Obama stated that he was NOT in favor of same sex marriage, though he was in favor of just about anything else in regards to fair treatment of the GLBT community. And, though he doesn't favor ssm, he would never endorse a constitutional amendment against it.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
---Gay Leaders Blame TV Ads,Obama for Loss in Maine"

The ones who I saw doing that on tv ,were doing it in a very " soft " voice.

Hard to tell when gays are outaged due to their soft voice.

Is that soft voice something they,also, were born with?

Seems many gay men don't change their voice til the time in life they announce they are gay.

If one is born gay, why does that soft " fem" voice not show up when they are a toddler ?
Not every gay man has what you call a 'fem voice' and not all lesbians sound like truck drivers. Their voices and mannerisms are as diverse as everyone else's.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
So were democrats supposed to vote for John McCain because he is such a strong supporter of gay marriage? The fact is none of the major candidates supported gay marriage (this includes Hillary Clinton, who also only supported civil unions). This has absolutely nothing to do with skin color (how absurd that you even went there). The fact is Obama/Biden are much less of a threat to gay marriage supporters because at least there they don't actively campaign against gay people in the way the republican alternatives do.
Who are you kidding? You just reinforced precisely what I said.

"The fact is Obama/Biden are much less of a threat to gay marriage supporters because at least there they don't actively campaign against gay people in the way the republican alternatives do."

Joe Biden said that they (Obama/Biden) do not support gay marriage. How else can that be interpreted? To try to justify an Obama vote because he's the lesser of two evils on gay marriage is laughable. The fact is that Barack Obama was elected as a referendum against George Bush and because he would become the first black president. This fact is becoming clearer with each passing day. The uninformed voter was en masse on election day 2008, as evidenced by the recent outcry from liberals and independents alike. Quit kidding yourself.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who are you kidding? You just reinforced precisely what I said.

"The fact is Obama/Biden are much less of a threat to gay marriage supporters because at least there they don't actively campaign against gay people in the way the republican alternatives do."

Joe Biden said that they (Obama/Biden) do not support gay marriage. How else can that be interpreted? To try to justify an Obama vote because he's the lesser of two evils on gay marriage is laughable. The fact is that Barack Obama was elected as a referendum against George Bush and because he would become the first black president. This fact is becoming clearer with each passing day. Quit kidding yourself.
So let me get some clarification here. You think that I should have considered voting for a person (John McCain) who in no way shape or form would have done anything for gay rights, over another person (Barack Obama) who said that though he does not support gay marriage, does support the repeal of DADT and DOMA, signed a hate crimes law, extended some federal benefits to gay couples, and at least supports civil unions?? None these candidates were perfect, but some were much closer to what I was looking for than others. Why on earth would I vote for a person who would not consider doing anything at all?

I don't know what liberals you spoke with, but I voted for Obama for a plethora of reasons. I could not stand George Bush, so of course I would vote of someone that had a very different platform than him. And again, what does this have to do with him being black??? You are just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks, and really none of it is making any sense.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Not every gay man has what you call a 'fem voice' and not all lesbians sound like truck drivers. Their voices and mannerisms are as diverse as everyone else's.

Except when they're on a tv news show !

That lawyer representing the gays in Maine that was on CNN Anderson Cooper 360 last night fit the description with his voice.

If that " soft, fem, voice" isn't something they are born with, why do they use it when interviewd?

I was surprised he wasn't carrying a pink purse to go with that " soft, fem" voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies