Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,989,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Suicide was at all time high there. I'm sure everybody was going nuts there. I'm sure everyone was having a hard time with the current war circumstance; however, if you don't want to argue with somebody you smile, agree to disagree, and walk away, and go busy yourself with something uplifting.

Hell Im sure suicide was at an all time high with this guy walking around...could you imagine a soldier returning from war going in to talk with this loser shrink?

Hasan: "What seems to be the problem son?"

Soldier: "Hello, there Doc..well ya see, I feel horrible about what Ive done, and Im having some deep regrets and heavy guilt about killing and wounding those insurgents and enemy combatants over in Iraq/Afghanistan..What do you think about that...do you have any medicine/advice for me?"

Hasan: "Yeah, well you should feel bad, you worthless piece of crap..I hope you die over there the next time you are deployed...better yet just go kill yourself right now, you worthless pile. Now get out of my office!"

lol

Seriously, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Last edited by solytaire; 11-05-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 PM

1,133 posts, read 714,707 times
Thanks for asking but a question like that deserves time I am unable to give at this time. Some of us have to work in the morning. You libs can stay up and talk to each other all night. Be sure and ask again sometime.
Did you curse me tonight? Just bustin your chops UAM.
Goodnight boys and girls. Try to lawyer up you may want to use the forum for a defense fund. I'll provide you a post box and you can send it to me, I know a good Louisiana Lawyer.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,731,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Did you curse me tonight? Just bustin your chops UAM.
I referred to you as Atilla The Hun in a private message, but I'm sure you've been called worse.

Nighty night - Hun.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,626,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No they are telling the truth.

If this was a white man with blue eyes you would already know what size shoes he wore, where he parents live and all his kids names.

You would have already known everything about him.

In this case, of course the left wing media does not have the GUTS to mention he was a radical Muslim or mention anything about him being a terrorist.
Hi parents are dead. The head of his mosque said that the guy prayed everyday and was looking for a conservative wife. All covered on CNN.

As for him being a terrorist, it's obvious that he is, just not in what capacity exactly--crazy who lost it? organized with others in some way? Who knows.

Sen. Coryn has the best advice for this, I think:

Before making judgments about the shootings at Fort Hood, a thorough investigation needs to take place, Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said Thursday. "It is imperative that we take the time to gather all the facts, as it would be irresponsible to be the source of rumors or inaccurate information regarding such a horrific event," Cornyn said in a statement.
"Once we have ascertained all the facts, working with our military leaders and law enforcement officials on the ground, we can determine what exactly happened at Fort Hood today and how to prevent something like this from ever happening again," he said.

Last edited by helenejen; 11-05-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,347,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
He went into the military because it paid for his school, apon graduation, he was obligated for ten years active duty to pay his loan back by serving.
You make more money and have a better lifestyle avoiding the military even with loans. All medical students know this. He would have been done in 7 years and could enter private practice making 200-300K per year versus working for the military and making 50K a year on a base. Trust me, money isn't the only reason medical students join the military.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,989,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No they are telling the truth.

If this was a white man with blue eyes you would already know what size shoes he wore, where he parents live and all his kids names.

You would have already known everything about him.

In this case, of course the left wing media does not have the GUTS to mention he was a radical Muslim or mention anything about him being a terrorist.
However, this is false. FOX news was actually the last broadcast to disclose the gunmans name and rank. If anything it was FOX news who was tip toeing around his background...which i personally give them credit for, because, as they explained when it was occurring, they wanted to make sure they could confirm his identity rather than possibly airing a false report...but still, they were literally the slowest, most discrete broadcast regarding this guy's background. I remember Sheperd Smith actually said, and I quote "we have reports of the gunman's identity. Other stations have decided to reveal the gunman's identity...However, at this time I will not reveal the gunman's identity until we receive and confirm all of the facts. However, the gunman's name tells us a lot about the shooter."

It took like a whole hour after CNN had released the guy's name, for FOX news to release it...whats up with that?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,666,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

The Council on American-Islamic Relations: "No political or religious ideology could ever justify or excuse such wanton and indiscriminate violence. The attack was particularly heinous in that it targeted the all-volunteer Army that protects our nation. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens in offering both prayers for the victims and sincere condolences to the families of those killed or injured."

"In a separate statement, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, based in Los Angeles, California, condemned what it called the 'heinous incident'."

"The Islamic Information Center also issued a statement 'in conjunction with all the major Muslim organizations nationwide' that condemned the attack."
Alleged shooter's name prompts response from American Muslims - CNN.com
OK, for all you posters claiming to long for the voices of moderate Muslims condemning these attacks, here they are, and I am at least the second person who has posted them. Please read a few posts before making your claims, or do some research yourself and back your claims up with evidence. I am going to continue to quote helene's posting every time someone brings the "where are the moderate Muslims?" meme up, and I hope other like minded posters do the same. I think it was on page 35, if not try right before or right after.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,902,338 times
Quote:
Hi parents are dead. The head of his mosque said that the guy prayed everyday and was looking for a devout wife. All covered on CNN.

As for him being a terrorist, it's obvious that he is, just not in what capacity exactly--crazy who lost it? organized with others in some way? Who knows.

Sen. Coryn has the best advice for this, I think:

Before making judgments about the shootings at Fort Hood, a thorough investigation needs to take place, Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said Thursday. "It is imperative that we take the time to gather all the facts, as it would be irresponsible to be the source of rumors or inaccurate information regarding such a horrific event," Cornyn said in a statement.
"Once we have ascertained all the facts, working with our military leaders and law enforcement officials on the ground, we can determine what exactly happened at Fort Hood today and how to prevent something like this from ever happening again," he said.

Cornyn needs to be sent to Sudan . He will do anything to get votes and Obama praise .

We all know what happened and why . The killer told all who would listen for years yet the PC military kept him there . He planned this act and killed as many soldiers as he could that kill other muslems .

Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,894,477 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent a repeat of this kind of attack. They are already inside our gates.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,039,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Suicide was at all time high there. I'm sure everybody was going nuts there. I'm sure everyone was having a hard time with the current war circumstance; however, if you don't want to argue with somebody you smile, agree to disagree, and walk away, and go busy yourself with something uplifting.
My husband was in Air Force as a Doc during Desert Storm. No one really opens up about how they feel about these military conflicts. Some were trying to get early outs back then - but the war only lasted 30 days. I can't imagine how everyone is coping after 8 years of this. Something always has to give - In May, the soldier at the stress clinic in Baghdad killing 5 soldiers - now this.
I think the military goes through the motions but the stress issues of medical personnel is often ignored unless very obvious - they need the staff that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies