Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 03:40 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Gee, I'd been personally insulted all the time during my 8 years in the Navy. Judging by some people here, I'd be defended in shooting up the shipmates because I was called names. Well, they probably wouldn't defend me because I'm not Muslim. Here's a hint for those who never served in the military,...if you're this hurt by name calling then how are you going to respond to the stresses of combat and possibly being captured by the enemy?

are you kidding??
they scream race every time Obama is disagreed with
most are a bunch of candy asses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Spoken like someone who never served in the military. Contrary to what you may have heard, the military doesn't want automatons blindly following orders and not able to think for themselves. Each situation is unique and they must be able to adapt to the situation at hand. Had those troops been armed when the major walked in shooting, he would be swiss cheese. It is because those troops were trained to think for themselves that those who weren't killed in the initial gun fire began to take action to rescue the civilians at the facility and their fellow soldiers who were hit. They also began to perform battle field first aid to save the lives of those wounded by using parts of their uniforms for dressings and bandages until emergency first aid supplies arrived. The woman who shot down the major was also a former Army soldier. She used her Army training to take him out. Your very statement here below shows your complete ignorance and disdain towards the military. Please move to Berkeley, CA where you'll fit right in.
She acted without orders and without group backup.

Not very soldierly, and not very police-like.

Compare her actions with the 2-hour police "stall" at Columbine.

Compare her actions with the soldierly siege at Waco.

She has a brain, and I won't let you take that from her by calling her a hero.

Last edited by ergohead; 11-08-2009 at 04:20 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
most people can not deal with this kind of hard truth
hence we have 13 dead
and more will follow if someting is not done
You're absolutely right.

This is the direct result of our extreme "political corectness" that began within the ultra left Democrat ranks (the name Donna Shelala comes to mind - may not have it spelled correctly). P.C. didn't start with conservatives, I guarantee you.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

She has a brain, and I won't let you take that from her.
Not very police like is correct. A soldier would go in to provide cover fire to allow the unarmed a chance to escape. The Waco seige was run by Janet Reno, not the military.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM

395 posts, read 510,806 times
So what's the latest? I don't have news and I'm dial up. haha.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:

She did exactly as she was trained to do, and put her life on the line doing it.

She is a Hero in most of "Americans" hearts and minds. Clearly the ones that don't think so, are clueless.... Which will be the far "Left" which you appear to fall into.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
So what's the latest? I don't have news and I'm dial up. haha.

The latest is that the killer is off the ventalator and they are testing to see if there is brain damage. It also might interest people to know that, despite his telling relatives that he was being harrassed, he NEVER, NEVER, NEVER filed a complaint with the Army about any harrassment. Not once. I know this for a fact.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:

You really are kidding me.

Hope you never need help and beg for someone like her to save your butt like she did many others.

The only thing I see is she did not take the killer out totally.

SHE IS A HERO accept it and go on.

I am sure you would have not done what she did.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Hope you never need help and beg for someone like her to save your butt like she did many others.

truth be told, none of us know if we would have done what she did. I know from personal experience that no one knows how they'll respond in an emergency situation until they've been through that situation. I fought fires and flooding on Navy ships so I know how I react to fires. I've never been under gun fire so I honestly don't know how I'd respond. I know how I want to respond but it's easy to think your way through when you're not in the line of sight or shot as she was. Some people run away if they're shot. It's a self preservation instinct. I hold no grudge against those who do so cause there's no way for me to know if I'd do the same. What impresses me more is that she did not kill him. From some reports, some people there were calling for her to finish him off. She could have done so but choose not to. If he lives and recovers enough to stand trial, if found guilty he will be executed. I hope they'll make it a double execution because they still haven't executed the muslim who threw live grenades into his officers' tent.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

I don't know . . I'm pretty spontaneous - probably comes from my lack of training.

You, on the other hand, appear to have been potty-trained at gunpoint.

'I shot Hasan' (http://www.newstoday.co.za/index.php/news/worldnews/996-i-shot-hasan.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies