Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Here all those crickets chirping? That's the sound of all the so-called good and peaceful muslim leaders and communities aggressively denouncing thist latest hate crime attack against peaceful non-muslims. The "good muslims" must realize that they are condoning these attacks with their defeaning silence?

Naw, they won't condemn anything, unless it's to say something anti-American, which the liberals will eat up like candy. The "good muslims" will simply crawl away and hide under their rocks, pretending nothing happened, as all cockroaches do. Then they'll whine and cry about the police racially profiling them and riot over another Denmark cartoon, calling for the death of more non-muslims. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Here all those crickets chirping? That's the sound of all the so-called good and peaceful muslim leaders and communities aggressively denouncing thist latest hate crime attack against peaceful non-muslims. The "good muslims" must realize that they are condoning these attacks with their defeaning silence?

Naw, they won't condemn anything, unless it's to say something anti-American, which the liberals will eat up like candy. The "good muslims" will simply crawl away and hide under their rocks, pretending nothing happened, as all cockroaches do. Then they'll whine and cry about the police racially profiling them and riot over another Denmark cartoon, calling for the death of more non-muslims. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations: "No political or religious ideology could ever justify or excuse such wanton and indiscriminate violence. The attack was particularly heinous in that it targeted the all-volunteer Army that protects our nation. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens in offering both prayers for the victims and sincere condolences to the families of those killed or injured."

"In a separate statement, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, based in Los Angeles, California, condemned what it called the 'heinous incident'."

"The Islamic Information Center also issued a statement 'in conjunction with all the major Muslim organizations nationwide' that condemned the attack."
Alleged shooter's name prompts response from American Muslims - CNN.com

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I don't know how swift it will be, they are not held to the civil laws as we are.....I just know you have Officers judging you and not a jury of your twelve peers..

When I was in the Army, we were to afraid to be bad...LOL

The military does have the death sentence...
I hope this guy doesnt get court martialed to go before a military tribunal...I think he should be held to the same standards that any other non combatant citizen should be held to..

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
One of the most sensible posts yet about Major Hasan. Rep +1.
I haven't read every post but I am waiting for the ever popular." The military trains people to kill" Line as the reason this happened.
The military chain of command is very formal. Respect is not just demanded it is enforced. Its a 2 way street that has consequences for both officers and enlisted who violate the codes of conduct.
I had more than a few Officers that I felt no personal respect for. Quite simply they didn't earn it and they were consumate screw ups. This said I rendered due respect none the less. Had I failed to do so would have resulted in me being displined. ie busted in rank, fined and possibly jailed.
This Shrink is author of his own woes. Its a shame that the system failed to out him before it was too late.
No doubt some had more than an inkling this guy was bad news. The military just like the civilian world is filled with folks content to hold their breath and hope that it doesn't happen on their watch.
I wonder how much was over looked because he was a muslem and it just isn't politically correct to point the finger even when someone makes it obvious.

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
My M.D. is an American Muslim of Palestinian descent. He's a Republican.
What's your point?

Where did you get he was a Republican? He was looking to the messiah hussein obama to withdraw the troops. He is a Democrat and we all know we need to keep an eye on those radicals. That's my point!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:48 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Interesting question. I wonder if it would change the fact that civilians were also victims.
I heard on the news that part of Fort Hood was under civilian control and that could have some bearing on who tries him....I don't know how much truth is in that.. But I don't think the Army is going to let go of this guy...

Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I hope this guy doesnt get court martialed to go before a military tribunal...I think he should be held to the same standards that any other non combatant citizen should be held to..
I hope he goes before a Military Court Martial. His crime happened on a US Army base. His Victims were US Soldiers. I hope he has the pleasure of a firing squad by his peers.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Naw, they won't condemn anything, unless it's to say something anti-American, which the liberals will eat up like candy. The "good muslims" will simply crawl away and hide under their rocks, pretending nothing happened, as all cockroaches do.
Peace and love to you too.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 PM

324 posts, read 573,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm as a vet I feel qualified to give a rebuttal to this.
A Major in the US Army. No enlisted will not harrass him because that means disiplinary action. You see in the military that won't fly.
Ok fellow officers harrassed him? Hmmm possible but very doutful. Shun him I can believe.
His loyalty was called into question? Geee I wonder if they had a reason?
Suicide bombers are like a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers? Lets see these heroic suicide bombers are killing our troops. I don't think glorifying them will produce a positive attitude from your peers.
Sounds like maybe just maybe he was creating a hostile enviroment for himself.
No sir. He does not get a free pass for his actions. He was not a 12 yearold nerd being picked on by the jocks. He was a Major in the US Army. In other words he had power to stop. or correct any harrassment.
OK, I just thought, the statement from Guardian could be a possibility. If we need to rule it out, let's rule it out.
Since he is still alive, we may find out soon why he did it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I hope he goes before a Military Court Martial. His crime happened on a US Army base. His Victims were US Soldiers. I hope he has the pleasure of a firing squad by his peers.
If I'm right and this crime is a combination of shooting spree plus attempted suicide by cop, then this isn't far off from what I'm imagining he thought would happen. All mass shooters I can think of were killed when whatever law enforcement agents were bringing them down. Or they kill themselves directly, like the Virginia Tech student did. Mass shooters very rarely survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies