Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
"When the word finally comes out".........

So far, the word is that the man did not have anyone else helping him, so perhaps it was an act by "one single individual"......
Where'd he get the guns from? They weren't military issue.

He's still alive and could have been working with others.

Still remains to be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
If you want to "cut Obama some slack" feel free to do so. For me, I expected Obama to make this bloodbath the central topic of his speech,...not an afterthought the way it appeared. On such a solemn occasion, I thought it improper for the Commander-in-Chief to open his remarks with lightheartedness.

To me the appearance was one of priorities: it appeared Obama made a concerted effort to relegate the military as a secondary topic to a mundane meeting which few Americans even knew was under way. Obama made himself appear somewhat foolish to millions watching his speech. "Experience",..exit stage left.....
No matter which order he addressed things in, the bashers will criticize him. If he'd opened with discussing the killings and then started talking about the tribal nations meeting and recognized the Medal of Honor winner he would have been criticized for switching gears and appearing not to care.

Perhaps it would have been better if he'd addressed the meeting and then held a press conference immediately afterward. But he doesn't have the whole crew of C-D second guessers on his scheduling team to advise him on how he should spend each minute of his day and I imagine his schedulers do the best they can as events unfold.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What I am trying to understand is given that so many officers have come forth and talked about how they knew this guy was questionable, why the army did not react proactively? I mean according to the news they knew that he was posting some wacked out crap on the internet. The good majors direct leadership needs to be taken to task over this.
They probably feared being called a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Where'd he get the guns from? They weren't military issue.
It's Texas, can't you get guns at the grocery store?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
The bozo is also reported as shouting "Allah Akbar" before he opened fire.

All the classic signs are there and some of you still refuse to see that pink elephant in the middle of the room. (P.S. the elephant is dancing the tango now trying hard to get your attention)...

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
They probably feared being called a racist.

It's Texas, can't you get guns at the grocery store?
No doubt fear of being called a xenophobe or a racist was part of it, that would be a career breaker.
It disturbs me that so many knew he was bad news and no action was taken. Worse still they had this lunatic treating soldiers.

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
As I said yes there are some that will hate him no matter what but do you think his reaction to the shooting was right?
Yes. He was at a previously scheduled meeting to address a tribal nations group. He spoke to them for about two-and-a-half minutes and then addressed the Ft. Hood killings. His mood was not exactly "light-hearted." He smile a bit and recognized a medal of honor winner. He was hardly yukking it up and telling jokes.

How do you think he should have handled it?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
What the hell!!!!! 12 people had just been killed and he is giving "shout outs". GMAFB!!! I think the killings takes precedence over your "thank you's" and your "shout outs". His first words should have been " I understand that we are here for XYZ conference but we have a pressing issue taking place right now. Not freakin wooting and shout outs!!!! Good Lord! I really would like to have seen some emotion and there was NONE, nothing. Cold, heartless and pathetic.
I know. I saw his opening remarks and I was like "WTF are you talking about"?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What a ridiculous criticism. There is absolutely nothing he can do that you guys would accept as appropriate or correct.
Obviously, the press is mentioning it because they realize how inappropriate his behavior was.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM

537 posts, read 291,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The bozo is also reported as shouting "Allah Akbar" before he opened fire.

All the classic signs are there and some of you still refuse to see that pink elephant in the middle of the room. (P.S. the elephant is dancing the tango now trying hard to get your attention)...
The tango? Watch it, they are going to accuse you of being a racist.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Obama did something as simple as sneezing, the Obama-Haters, the Right Wing and Faux News would all go crazy talking about how irresponsible the man is and how he is trying to infect America with the Swine Flu.

To me, when the "We-Hate-Obama-Just-Because" crowd starts criticizing Obama out of pure stupidity, I know that the President is doing a great job.
This was NBC, not your favorite boogeyman, FOX NEWS.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/polit...President.html

Quote:
President Obama didn't wait long after Tuesday's devastating elections to give critics another reason to question his leadership, but this time the subject matter was more grim than a pair of governorships.

Anyone at home aware of the major news story of the previous hours had to have been stunned. An incident like this requires a scrapping of the early light banter. The president should apologize for the tone of his remarks, explain what has happened, express sympathy for those slain and appeal for calm and patience until all the facts are in. That's the least that should occur.

All the president's men (and women) fell down on the job Thursday. And Democrats across the country have real reason to panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies